After Midnight - Escape Fall 2016

jade0921

Has anyone been able to pre-book After Midnight on the Escape for this fall? I was able to make reservations for all the restaurants, The Wine Lunch, and The Brat Pack, but nothing comes up for After Midnight. I don't know if it's booked, if they're changing shows and/or if you just can't reserve it ahead of time. Anyone know?

Thanks!

hmm, You should be able to. but maybe they don't have the specific dates set for the ship....don't worry though, it was not anything to write home about. When I watched it, half the people got up and walked out.

When we saw it a few weeks ago it got a standing ovation. The actors are extremely talented. A few of them even have thier own show. Brenda Braxton the lead actress was nominated for a Tony award.

I hope the OP is able to get reservations.

BTW the cruise directors thinks the show is fantastic.

Has anyone been able to pre-book After Midnight on the Escape for this fall? I was able to make reservations for all the restaurants, The Wine Lunch, and The Brat Pack, but nothing comes up for After Midnight. I don't know if it's booked, if they're changing shows and/or if you just can't reserve it ahead of time. Anyone know?

Thanks!

I couldn't book it either 90 days out. Was able to do dinning and the Brat Pack, Wine Lovers and a Supper Club with no info on the act performing. Our cruise is 09/08 so I guess they maybe changing some of the shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I noticed that it is still not there today either? We depart on Sept. 3. I am waiting to book everything else until after I book this one since I fear the number of showings may be more limited than the others. I was going to try to call them Monday and see if they have any info to share about when it will be available to book.:confused:

When we saw it a few weeks ago it got a standing ovation. The actors are extremely talented. A few of them even have thier own show. Brenda Braxton the lead actress was nominated for a Tony award.

I hope the OP is able to get reservations.

BTW the cruise directors thinks the show is fantastic.

I agree the actors are talented, and I enjoyed the tap dancing. But in the showing I was at, many did indeed walk out. Theater and music and dance is very subjective. It doesn't matter what the cruise directors think. I was on a sailing where we got the a Capella group Vocal Overdrive instead of a Broadway show because the shows were transitioning. Silas the CD at the welcome show kept saying they were amazing. I (and many others apparently) found them awful. The CDs get paid to say good things about everything.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed that it is still not there today either? We depart on Sept. 3. I am waiting to book everything else until after I book this one since I fear the number of showings may be more limited than the others. I was going to try to call them Monday and see if they have any info to share about when it will be available to book.:confused:

I'm on this sailing as well and am a little worried that it's not available to pre-book. I really hope it will still be happening! I'm already sad that MDQ has been removed since I booked. :(

Last year on the Epic both Blue Man Group and Legends in Concert were removed from our entertainment lineup after I booked, with no notification until we were on the ship. I hope this is not the case on the Escape! The entertainment was a major reason we booked!

Every time I call, I get a different answer. Once I was told they are changing the show to something about a capella vocals? Another time they said they only allow 20% of the reservations to be made in advance, the rest have to be booked when you get on the ship.

It's not looking like we have a very good chance of being able to see this show. :(

Edited by gs7747

Every time I call, I get a different answer. Once I was told they are changing the show to something about a capella vocals? Another time they said they only allow 20% of the reservations to be made in advance, the rest have to be booked when you get on the ship.

It's not looking like we have a very good chance of being able to see this show. :(

Evey show we have been to has had open seats if you wait in line. A few minutes before show starts they release the seats on the left side that they had held for Haven guests. Many Haven guest who already had reservations are choosing other places to sit anyway, so I wouldn't worry. And, the 10pm shows seem to have more seats available than the 7pm from what I've observed. I think people are more tired than they thought they might be after a day in the sun:cool:

I could not book it for our Sept 10 sailing after numerous attempts throughout the summer and called yesterday to inquire. Was told all the pre sailing tickets for my sailing are gone and would not likely have any additions but other sailing dates earlier than that were having the entertainment 'reworked." Was told I would have to try to get them once on board. I was able to book Brat Pack. I am not at all sure the answer I got was correct, but I had been trying since very early June to book with no success.

I agree the actors are talented, and I enjoyed the tap dancing. But in the showing I was at, many did indeed walk out. Theater and music and dance is very subjective. It doesn't matter what the cruise directors think. I was on a sailing where we got the a Capella group Vocal Overdrive instead of a Broadway show because the shows were transitioning. Silas the CD at the welcome show kept saying they were amazing. I (and many others apparently) found them awful. The CDs get paid to say good things about everything.

I saw this show during my Escape trip and while I didn't walk out, I certainly understand the desire to do so. I thought it was boring as all get out. The singers and dancers were talented, for sure, but there was no "story" to the show. Just a lot of unconnected songs. I remember one song that got a few laughs, but the rest...meh.

Oh, and there was one that felt like it lasted a lot longer than it should have. It had no lyrics, the lady just stood there and did a lot of vocal gymnastics, running up and down the scale over and over. My friends and I just kind of looked at each other, like, "...seriously?"

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about possibly missing it, OP. haha

I'm on this sailing as well and am a little worried that it's not available to pre-book. I really hope it will still be happening! I'm already sad that MDQ has been removed since I booked. :(

Last year on the Epic both Blue Man Group and Legends in Concert were removed from our entertainment lineup after I booked, with no notification until we were on the ship. I hope this is not the case on the Escape! The entertainment was a major reason we booked!

I feel ya. I'm in the same boat, so to speak. lol

I booked the Getaway for Legally Blonde, which has since been removed. Then they took away the Grammy Experience, and now the Illusionarium is possibly being removed as well. I have two months until my cruise and no clue what entertainment will be there. I've received no notification of any of it either. Very disappointed.

Please go and see this show!

It's not for everyone.

It's an African American cast showcasing jazz and tap dancing from the the Cotton Club and The Savoy just to name 2 clubs back from that era.

There's no story line. The scenes move in between poems by Langston Hughes.

The night I prebooked, we were to exhausted to attend. So we did standby on another night and were able to snag seats in the back near the bar.

It was packed and received a standing ovation.

One lady down from us start talking loud then got up. It was very distracting and rude.

I wish people would stop saying it's not worth going to see.:confused: Just because something is not your taste don't make it not worth going to see. There's been shows I've attended on cruises i didn't care for. I would never tell another person it's not worth going to, just because I didn't like it.

Bravo to this amazing cast and NCL for going outside the box on this one!:D

I wish people would stop saying it's not worth going to see.:confused: Just because something is not your taste don't make it not worth going to see. There's been shows I've attended on cruises i didn't care for. I would never tell another person it's not worth going to, just because I didn't like it.

Since I think you're probably referring to me, I feel like I should reply. Technically, I didn't tell the OP not to go see the show, I only said that I wouldn't be too worried about possibly missing it. Maybe the difference is slight, but there is a difference.

However, I apologize regardless. I see tons of people talking about how "terrible" Legally Blonde was and how many people walked out, etc...and I know how that annoys me. I'm sorry for doing the same to you. :)

I have this booked for the 10/15 sailing. Looking forward to it, but I love jazz.

(Not sure about the "no storyline" complaints. There's no storyline in Burn the Floor, and after seeing it the second time I realized how repetitive the dancing is. And I will never, ever figure out why they shoehorned Stairway to Heaven in with all the Latin music. It made me giggle both times I saw it.)

I have this booked for the 10/15 sailing. Looking forward to it, but I love jazz.

(Not sure about the "no storyline" complaints. There's no storyline in Burn the Floor, and after seeing it the second time I realized how repetitive the dancing is. And I will never, ever figure out why they shoehorned Stairway to Heaven in with all the Latin music. It made me giggle both times I saw it.)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've already posted in other threads that I have no intentions of seeing Burn The Floor. That one isn't a draw for me either (though, unfortunately, it seems like it might be the only thing left on the Getaway!). A few minutes of strictly singing and/or dancing is all good, but after that, I'd be getting antsy. Especially if it's a genre that I'm not fond of in the first place. lol

But who knows. My sister may want to see it, and if so, it might surprise me. :)

It's really a quality show. I truly enjoyed it. Like you, I don't understand the complaints of no story line. I'm not sure why people need a story in order to be entertained. Maybe these people never went to concerts either? I enjoy the variety in entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've already posted in other threads that I have no intentions of seeing Burn The Floor. That one isn't a draw for me either (though, unfortunately, it seems like it might be the only thing left on the Getaway!). A few minutes of strictly singing and/or dancing is all good, but after that, I'd be getting antsy. Especially if it's a genre that I'm not fond of in the first place. lol

But who knows. My sister may want to see it, and if so, it might surprise me. :)

Getaway has the Million Dollar Quartet and we thought they were fantastic! Very talented cast and I didn't see anyone walk out. It's a show we also enjoyed in Las Vegas and the NCL version was just as good for us.

Disclaimer....we DO enjoy Burn the Floor, but we do not go to magic shows;)

I was able to book for Oct 22....There is a company on the web that I guess is contracted by NCL to do the casting for their shows and there is a casting call for After Midnight stating the job starts Sept 24th and runs through March 25 2017...maybe they will be having an interim period where they are changing the cast and won't have a show?...

...Just a theory.

The cast is quite good and worth seeing. They perform in Tropicana. Once onboard find that night and book a table. Much shorter performance, but you still get to enjoy the talent. Last summer the dinner performance was not Latin dancing so nice to see additional from the group (smaller cast than Burn the Floor).

The cast is quite good and worth seeing. They perform in Tropicana. Once onboard find that night and book a table. Much shorter performance, but you still get to enjoy the talent. Last summer the dinner performance was not Latin dancing so nice to see additional from the group (smaller cast than Burn the Floor).

I keep missing the "Swing" night in Tropicana when I'm on GA. Can't remember why I missed it in June, I may have had a conflicting specialty booked.