Royal Caribbean excursion at 7:30 AM? Really?

This past March, some friends and I did the Isla Passion by Twister excursion. We had a great time, both on the speedboat ride and on the island itself. The people running things were great, the food was really good, and service was top-notch.

So, I see that this excursion is offered again for our upcoming cruise on Liberty of the Seas. I really wanted to do it until I saw that the excursion departs at 7:30 AM! (We're in port from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM.)

Isla Pasión is an all-inclusive beach break, including drinks and lunch. This particular excursion is 5 hours long, which means that we'd be leaving the island around 11:45 AM. Certainly that's too early to be grabbing some lunch (if they even serve it early enough) and then expect to ride a speedboat ride that does twists and turns in the water.

Why would they make the excursion so early in the morning? I guess they must have multiple shifts ferrying people to and from the island, and Liberty of the Seas drew a short straw in that regard.

This past March, some friends and I did the Isla Passion by Twister excursion. We had a great time, both on the speedboat ride and on the island itself. The people running things were great, the food was really good, and service was top-notch.

So, I see that this excursion is offered again for our upcoming cruise on Liberty of the Seas. I really wanted to do it until I saw that the excursion departs at 7:30 AM! (We're in port from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM.)

Isla Pasión is an all-inclusive beach break, including drinks and lunch. This particular excursion is 5 hours long, which means that we'd be leaving the island around 11:45 AM. Certainly that's too early to be grabbing some lunch (if they even serve it early enough) and then expect to ride a speedboat ride that does twists and turns in the water.

Why would they make the excursion so early in the morning? I guess they must have multiple shifts ferrying people to and from the island, and Liberty of the Seas drew a short straw in that regard.

Because it is Royal Caribbean and they don't think like you do.

They think that you have been getting too much sleep, Marc, and are determined to fix that for you. :D