VIFP status change

topspin1267

We have just completed a cruise raising us to 74 days (1 day from

Platinum) and are booked for another cruise in September. Our days have updated but our September docs still show gold

I had read other threads (and it happened for us when we went gold) that since we'll turn platinum on the cruise we should show platinum on our docs.

I should note we had already filled out our online checkin docs before the June cruise.

Any ideas when or if it'll change to platinum on docs?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When you get to port in Sept your boarding pass will print out in Platinum even if your docs were still printed in Gold. The system will automatically update at port. Occasionally it glitches and you have to go to the CS desk onboard but that's rare. Once at port everything should be updated in the system.

Platinum) and are booked for another cruise in September. Our days have updated but our September docs still show gold

I had read other threads (and it happened for us when we went gold) that since we'll turn platinum on the cruise we should show platinum on our docs.

I should note we had already filled out our online checkin docs before the June cruise.

Thanks

Has the cruise been credited yet? When that happens it will change

I currently have 196 sea days on 27 cruises with Carnival.

I printed my boarding pass for this w/e's Conquest cruise several months ago, and it says Diamond.

The change will be noted on your cruise docs. Enjoy the priority boarding and 3 bags of free laundry, I certainly did!

Thanks

When I finished my cruise in March I had 71 days. After that cruise had been credited I checked our docs for our next cruise and it said priority and that I am Platinum. Our next cruise is an 8 day cruise so it puts us over 75 days.

If your VIFP account shows 74 days but your documents don't show you being platinum I would call Carnival and see what is going on.

I think it's a timing issue. We turned platinum during our last cruise. It seems that when we first booked, it said gold, but at some point, it changed to platinum. I know our docs & luggage tags showed the priority status. It could also depend on where you are in your account - maybe only docs show platinum, but other areas show actual current status. I sure did enjoy the priority boarding and free laundry!