Jewel 8:30PM Departure - Dinner

Is dinner in the MDR available on the cruises that leave out of San Juan at 8:30PM or do you have to eat in Windjammer? I have read that Muster is at 8:00 so I would think it's next to impossible to do an MDR dinner. We have MTD so I wasn't sure how to schedule it if the MDR is open. Thanks!

Is dinner in the MDR available on the cruises that leave out of San Juan at 8:30PM or do you have to eat in Windjammer? I have read that Muster is at 8:00 so I would think it's next to impossible to do an MDR dinner. We have MTD so I wasn't sure how to schedule it if the MDR is open. Thanks!

Dinner in the MDR is available on the first day. They may adjust the dinner times to accommodate muster.

Dinner in the MDR is available on the first day. They may adjust the dinner times to accommodate muster.

Thanks Bob!

I'm trying to figure out what time to make my MTD reservation. We normally schedule them around 7:30 but in this instance, it would not work.

When I was on Adventure last year out of San Juan, we ate dinner in the MDR pretty shortly after muster drill. It was 6:00 p.m., and it worked well; allowed us to be on the pool deck at sailaway time.

At least I THINK that's what occurred...you get confused after so many cruises, LOL

Edited by cjdixon4

The generally push back or pull forward by 30 mins. the traditional dining times. I'm not sure how you should handle it with MTD....If you want to be finished eating by sail a way, then You should probably go quite early.

They usually do two muster drills on the ships that leave out of San Juan @ 8:30 pm. The first is usually around 5:30 or 5:45 & the second one (for the later arriving passengers. is shortly before the ship leaves.

Jewel when I was on her had one muster. Adventure has two, one early and one late. If you go to dinner after muster you will miss a great sail away past the forts. You might want to consider an early dinner this one evening.