Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Well, if you are Diamond on carnival, and have $1 in your pocket, you can get a coffee at McDonalds. :D:D

And if you are Diamond on Royal while you may have a couple of nice perks you paid for them over the years in spades. Not sure what either comment has to do with it tho.....

Sent from my iPhone

Not so sure they HAD to make changes but they should have given us something other than earlier cabin availability. Always thought the whole episode made them look foolish.

Which "change" are we talking about?

Sent from my iPhone

And if you are Diamond on Royal while you may have a couple of nice perks you paid for them over the years in spades. Not sure what either comment has to do with it tho.....

Sent from my iPhone

And got great vacations to go with it.

I'm not a points / status chaser, so not sure what your comment was in reference to. If I have the perks though I decide what their dollar amount is when comparing different cruises I want to take and factor it in to the value equation. I don't set out selecting a cruise based on perks, and whatever my status actually is means nothing to me. It's a rewards program like shopping at the grocery store; it's not an actual achievement in life one should boast of, IMO. The bottom line is what matters. I started cruising RCI long before their current benefits tiers and packages, same with Carnival. So yes, the perks are a bonus and not the reason I am there.

But as a customer my position is to try to increase the perks, not bargain against the mirror to reduce them. Why would anyone want less, whether it is a cruise line, airline, or the grocery store? Sure it's not always possible or practical to "get more", but unless I work for the company and my end of year bonus rides on cost savings, I'm going to be on the consumer advocate end and not pretend like I work for the company and look for them to make cuts.

Edited by LMaxwell

I am wondering if they are going to raise the platinum eligibility to 100 days cruised. That way, it would be only another 100 days to diamond, so less of a gap between levels. Also, the groups are growing larger every year. So many are platinum now, so thinking they may try to control the growing number of plats. Just something that went through my mind. Not sure if it was mentioned here before or not.

I do notice on some cruises that early tendering, early embarkation and debarkation seem to be getting out of hand with hordes of people. And now I'm hearing that anytime dining will be getting less/no wait for a table? They will have to try to control the crowds somehow.

And got great vacations to go with it.

I'm not a points / status chaser, so not sure what your comment was in reference to. If I have the perks though I decide what their dollar amount is when comparing different cruises I want to take and factor it in to the value equation. I don't set out selecting a cruise based on perks, and whatever my status actually is means nothing to me. It's a rewards program like shopping at the grocery store; it's not an actual achievement in life one should boast of, IMO. The bottom line is what matters.

..... And you are Implying that those vacations are better than what Carnival offers?

Sent from my iPhone

..... And you are Implying that those vacations are better than what Carnival offers?

Sent from my iPhone

No, I am saying I paid for a nice vacation, and got a nice vacation.

The benefits are an aside to that. But now that I have them I can factor them in to a value equation if I am comparing similar itineraries or similar weeks across multiple lines.

I am wondering if they are going to raise the platinum eligibility to 100 days cruised. That way, it would be only another 100 days to diamond, so less of a gap between levels. Also, the groups are growing larger every year. So many are platinum now, so thinking they may try to control the growing number of plats. Just something that went through my mind. Not sure if it was mentioned here before or not.

I do notice on some cruises that early tendering, early embarkation and debarkation seem to be getting out of hand with hordes of people. And now I'm hearing that anytime dining will be getting less/no wait for a table? They will have to try to control the crowds somehow.

I totally agree with you. This is why they did away with the cocktail party for everyone who wasn't platinum or diamond. The crowds got bugger and people brought people with them who didn't qualify for the perk. People here at CC had a fit. From what I experienced on the Legend, platinum/diamond/fftf did not get priority debarkation. If I had paid for it like FTTF I'd be down at CS getting my money back or an OBC. I herd a few got a cheap bottle of champagne.:rolleyes:

No, I am saying I paid for a nice vacation, and got a nice vacation.

The benefits are an aside to that. But now that I have them I can factor them in to a value equation if I am comparing similar itineraries or similar weeks across multiple lines.

We all have different values and options that input into our vacation choices, can't argue that.

Sent from my iPhone

Let me just say that the Captain and the crew coming down to meet the Diamond member along with the endless trays of food is a bit excessive to me.

Especially when there are only a few that actually show up or even bother to answer RSVP sent out.

After all they know how many Diamonds are on board so why all the excessive endless trays of food ? Must be a hell of a crew party some time later in the day . I can see that coming to an end.

Let me just say that the Captain and the crew coming down to meet the Diamond member along with the endless trays of food is a bit excessive to me.

Especially when there are only a few that actually show up or even bother to answer RSVP sent out.

After all they know how many Diamonds are on board so why all the excessive endless trays of food ? Must be a hell of a crew party some time later in the day . I can see that coming to an end.

When they did it on the Dream in May there were 5 Diamonds and only DW and I showed up. No idea if anyone other than us rsvp'd but they didnt have a huge amount of food but drinks were plentiful and they would make you whatever you asked.

Other than the CD and a couple of crewmembers all other officers took off pretty quick including the Capt. Cant say I blamed them but did have interesting conversation with capt.

When they did it on the Dream in May there were 5 Diamonds and only DW and I showed up. No idea if anyone other than us rsvp'd but they didnt have a huge amount of food but drinks were plentiful and they would make you whatever you asked.

Other than the CD and a couple of crewmembers all other officers took off pretty quick including the Capt. Cant say I blamed them but did have interesting conversation with capt.

About 60 present on the Vista on the 7/1 sailing.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3 weeks later...

Two months since John announced that changes were coming in the loyalty program, and so far nothing...Back in November 2014, Arnold Donald hinted that changes were coming, and still nothing. Maybe they should have waited until they had something to announce, rather then just keep us stringing along all this time. Just saying....

Two months since John announced that changes were coming in the loyalty program, and so far nothing...Back in November 2014, Arnold Donald hinted that changes were coming, and still nothing. Maybe they should have waited until they had something to announce, rather then just keep us stringing along all this time. Just saying....

Welcome to Carnival. The company motto is tell them times are changin and keep them waiting and speculating.

the real problem is the changes are always less than underwhelming.

I am platinum...but I have been cruising since 1994 to get there. When they changed the program last time, it made it where I will most likely never get to diamond. I didn't have time to read every comment. However, I think that I would consider another carrier if they go down again. Most of the things they offer us do not cost them any money. I have been on 4...in Sept will be 5 cruises in two years and I have not seen an over abundance of platinum and diamond cruisers. I could just be clueless. We all sit comfortably in the lounge before boarding and I believe that is also for FTTF people.

About 60 present on the Vista on the 7/1 sailing.

Sent from my iPhone

Probably about 120-130 on Vista 6/11 for Plat / Diamond party. Only one Diamond.

Edited by figdu

Probably about 120-130 on Vista 6/11 for Plat / Diamond party. Only one Diamond.

Not many Diamond or Platinum on the 'regular' itins out here on the West Coast. BUT the Miracle's Journey MR cruise had 600+ Platinum and 100+ Diamond. Hawaii attracts a good number also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am platinum...but I have been cruising since 1994 to get there. When they changed the program last time, it made it where I will most likely never get to diamond. I didn't have time to read every comment. However, I think that I would consider another carrier if they go down again. Most of the things they offer us do not cost them any money. I have been on 4...in Sept will be 5 cruises in two years and I have not seen an over abundance of platinum and diamond cruisers. I could just be clueless. We all sit comfortably in the lounge before boarding and I believe that is also for FTTF people.

Comparing loyalty programs...

Princess makes it easy to get to Platinum (on your 6th cruise or the cruise after you've sailed 50 days). But a bit difficult to get to Elite (15 cruises or 150 days)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Before I read this whole thread, is this just 20 pages of conjecture or is anything of substance revealed here?

It is 20 pages of nothing. There is no news or information to be garnered. I have kept up with the thread because it has been entertaining to read about people getting bent out of shape over something that hasn't been announced yet.

If I am having a bad day, I just tune in to CC for some great comic relief.

When they did it on the Freedom in November there were 4 Diamonds onboard They also extended an invitation to the spouses, so there were 8 of us in total. There was no food. They held it in the Red Frog Pub and you could order whatever drinks you wanted. The RFP on the Freedom does not serve any pub grub. The senior officers spent about 45 minutes at the party and showed no signs that they were anxious to leave. It was a very congenial group. My DH and the Captain really hit it off. I bonded with the entertainment director and GS Manager. We enjoyed the other Diamonds and spouses and sat together at the PG party later in the cruise.

Edited by DebJ14

When they did it on the Freedom in November there were 4 Diamonds onboard They also extended an invitation to the spouses, so there were 8 of us in total. There was no food. They held it in the Red Frog Pub and you could order whatever drinks you wanted. The RFP on the Freedom does not serve any pub grub. The senior officers spent about 45 minutes at the party and showed no signs that they were anxious to leave. It was a very congenial group. My DH and the Captain really hit it off. I bonded with the entertainment director and GS Manager. We enjoyed the other Diamonds and spouses and sat together at the PG party later in the cruise.

We have always enjoyed our diamond get togethers and look forward to each and every one.

Sent from my iPhone