Quebec City

brickgirl

Thinking of booking a cruise out of Quebec City. Can someone tell me if you fly directly into there or fly into some other city? Thank you

You can fly into Quebec. It'll be on a smaller plane though. Not sure how close you are to Chicago but when we flew to Quebec we had to connect through ORD.

I don't know about Wisconsin, but there don't seem to be many non-stop flights from other parts of the country. When we researched it, we found inconvenient flight schedules with multiple stops (flying from southern US).

Some people fly into Montreal (less expensive with no stops) and take the train or rent a car for the 3 hour drive.

Thinking of booking a cruise out of Quebec City. Can someone tell me if you fly directly into there or fly into some other city? Thank you

We're flying out of San Francisco and change planes in Montreal. The flight from Montreal to Quebec City is less than an hour. We're on the 10/22 Caribbean Princess. We're flying Air Canada.

The last lap of our journey was Montreal to Quebec in a tiny 30 seater plane.

Yep, that's what we're going to be on - two seats, 30 seater. We paid the extra to get preassigned seats. Worth it to us, at least we'll know where we're going to sit. We're flying in 2 days early. JIC

Edited by elliair

We fly from Vancouver to Montreal, then Montreal to Quebec City.

As others have said, the second leg is on a smaller turbo prop plane, but they are fine, flown on lots of them. Bit noisier but it's not a long flight.

Some of our luggage was offloaded before the flight because of the weight. Most of the passengers were heading to the cruise and had the maximum allowance. The suitcases arrived the next morning at the hotel. I think they travelled up by road.

Some of our luggage was offloaded before the flight because of the weight. Most of the passengers were heading to the cruise and had the maximum allowance. The suitcases arrived the next morning at the hotel. I think they travelled up by road.

That happened to us too. Luckily it got delivered to our hotel the same night we arrived..

I have been interested in this cruise but was unaware of the flight difficulties. I cannot fly small planes of any kind. Two terrifying events and I just won't put myself through that again. Since I didn't know about a train option, could someone let me know how often the train makes that run.

We used frequent flyer miles to fly to Montreal via ORD because we wanted to visit Montreal & there were more available flights than to Québec.

After visiting Montreal for a couple of days we took the train to Québec to stay overnight prior to embarkation & an overnight stay on the ship before sailing the next evening. Québec & the surrounding area are beautiful & had the best Fall changing colors of the entire cruise ending in Ft Lauderdale.

I have been interested in this cruise but was unaware of the flight difficulties. I cannot fly small planes of any kind. Two terrifying events and I just won't put myself through that again. Since I didn't know about a train option, could someone let me know how often the train makes that run.

I picked an arbitrary date & their website shows 5 trains from Montreal to Québec ($77):

http://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/trains/ontario-and-quebec/montreal-quebec-city/schedules/

Edited by Astro Flyer

I did the Quebec to Ft. L. repositioning cruise. I flew from Green Bay to Chicago then direct to Quebec. It went very smooth, and I booked it myself, which I usually don't do for one way flights.

I generally fly out of MKE but Southwest had a great rate Ft. L. to Milwaukee, I decided to do the GB to O'Hare flight. Funny part was, I'm on this very small plane (knew I would be) so I thought at least going to Quebec from ORD I'll be on a bigger plane! It wasn't much bigger. Quebec isn't a big airport. No problems but a learning experience.

The train station in Montreal ( Dorval ) is a 2 minute shuttle drive away from the airport....when you buy the train ticket it's included in the price. Book at viarail.com. Good luck.

We have done the repositioning cruise out of Quebec two years ago and are again doing it on CB this year. We have and will be going through Newark, NJ on a Canadair or Embraer plane that is about 100 passengers. They are quite often used in the regional markets here in the Southeast US. A pretty nice ride for a short trip

Out of MKE, you can go on Air Canada through Toronto and to Quebec City. Or you can trek down to ORD and go through there. Much prefer flying out of MKE (Mitchell) than O'Hare.

Being from the Milwaukee area (and having done this area of Canada three times), yes, these are the best choices if not wanting to do small planes. United /Air Canada share flights.

I DO recommend Montreal if you have time. Too flights in and out are more plentiful and were cheaper I think. Quebec is a smaller airport with limited flights. Study your options.

Edited by eandj