Burger King or McDonald's?

AHS123

We're sailing on the Carnival Splendor and due to the late afternoon embarkation time we received we're looking for a nearby location to the pier in Miami for either a Burger King or McDonald's. Which do you prefer and why?

Try going to the Bayside Market. Plenty of options there. Bubba Gump Shrimp was good. I don't recall seeing either McDonalds or Burger King near the pier, but then again I wasn't looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once when we cruised with other family members, we dropped the other folks and all the luggage at the pier then went looking for gas to top off the rental car tank. We found a McDonalds near the community college and ate there. It wasn't too far from the pier, but probably not something you would walk to.

We're sailing on the Carnival Splendor and due to the late afternoon embarkation time we received we're looking for a nearby location to the pier in Miami for either a Burger King or McDonald's. Which do you prefer and why?

What difference does it make which we prefer? Isn't what YOU prefer more important? BTW MCD sucks dead goats.

Hey BIG spender there are no McD or BK nearby.

Silly thread. :rolleyes:

No more silly than the people who post on the Carnival board asking what camera to buy or what the weather is like in November or hundreds of other threads on the Carnival board that have nothing to do with Carnival Cruise Line. The people posting these irrelevant questions just happen to be going on a Carnival cruise so they ask their unrelated questions here instead of learning how to read the communities page and finding the correct forum to ask their questions.

No more silly than the people who post on the Carnival board asking what camera to buy or what the weather is like in November or hundreds of other threads on the Carnival board that have nothing to do with Carnival Cruise Line. The people posting these irrelevant questions just happen to be going on a Carnival cruise so they ask their unrelated questions here instead of learning how to read the communities page and finding the correct forum to ask their questions.

I disagree. For starters, there's nothing wrong with asking about camera recommendations or what the weather is like during certain times of the year. For two, any off-topic thread is usually moved to a more relative section of the site. Maybe the mods can find a home for this one. Third, I didn't call it silly because it wasn't specifically about Carnival. But because what possible value can be gained by asking about what WE prefer between the 2 restaurants ? Surely he's been to both before. As someone else suggested, maybe the OP is reaching out for attention which I've already given too much of on this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Surely he's been to both before.

It appears to be a woman who is asking and perhaps they are not American and have not been to both, how are we to know and why presume she merely seeks attention? I disagree, the thread should have been posted to the Florida Departures board and not the Carnival board. There's another here tonight: where to dine in Long Beach which has nothing to do with the Carnival board.

It appears to be a woman who is asking and perhaps they are not American and have not been to both, how are we to know and why presume she merely seeks attention? I disagree, the thread should have been posted to the Florida Departures board and not the Carnival board. There's another here tonight: where to dine in Long Beach which has nothing to do with the Carnival board.

It should have been posted on another page. And like I said maybe it will be moved. And based on previous posts, the OP lives in the USA. And has in the past been quick to point out where threads should and shouldn't be posted. So I'm sticking with attention. Agree to disagree. GN.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Why do people have to be so mean....if you don't like the question...move on. Some of us are new to cruising. I know I will think twice before I ask questions on this forum for fear of being taken down by the "seasoned" cruisers who know it all but want to put down people who are asking questions that are important to them. Don't like it...don't respond. :mad:

I might as well add my two cents. She may have ask which we prefer because there are certain McDonald's or Burger Kings that don't hold the standards of their namesake. Slow service, larger crowds, shady area, always running out of certain items, etc. We have one McDonald's that most people avoid going through the drive-thru because they never get the order right. There are a lot of reasons to ask that question.

By the way, not everybody knows the different areas of this site.

Why do people have to be so mean....if you don't like the question...move on. Some of us are new to cruising. I know I will think twice before I ask questions on this forum for fear of being taken down by the "seasoned" cruisers who know it all but want to put down people who are asking questions that are important to them. Don't like it...don't respond. :mad:

In this case, it was a dumb question. Any one who's been to Miami had better know how to get around. It's not a one horse town where you can spot a place. And what we prefer is totally irrelevant.

AS I read the post, she's asking if one or the other is nearby and then, if both are which would you prefer.

There is a McDonalds on NE2nd Ave about a block from the Holiday Inn. Better yet, there's a 5 Guys on the 2nd floor of Bayside Market Place. As well as many other options. If the OP and group isn't driving, neither of these may be an option. Inside the Port is Seaman's Café up by Terminals G and F.

it's a good option for cruisers arriving early and then having to wait for their staggered check in time to enter the Terminal (not boarding the ship).

There is a Burger King at 1700 Biscayne Blvd. There is a McDonald's at 345 2nd Avenue which is just off of Biscayne Blvd.

You might want to download their apps on your smartphone to be able to use their "locator" feature when your traveling.

Hope you have a great cruise on Splendor. I agree with the other post though that Bayside Marketplace has some great places to eat near the port. Here is a listing of their restaurants. There is a Five Guys Burgers there if you specifically want burgers.

https://www.baysidemarketplace.com/en/directory/food.html

As long as you're not sailing on a Sunday, you may also want to consider Chick-fil-a. There is one just off of the Dolphin Expressway about 10 miles from the port. They also have a playground if you have children with you.