Ezpass from Orlando to port Canaveral?

chaserdog53

I read something a little while back but haven't seen anything since then. Ezpass is/was supposed to be comparable with the Florida equivelent by October. Is this still true? My soon to be wife and I will be on our honeymoon. We are Taking a rental car. But I can bring my ezpass from ny with me for the tolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They've been talking about accepting electronic "passes" from other states for years, but nothing has happened. The authority that controls the Beachline Expressway between Orlando and Canaveral has this posted on their FAQ page:

I have a transponder from another state (i.e., FasTrak, E-ZPass, Toll Tag); Can I use it to pay my tolls here?

Quick Pass from North Carolina and PeachPass from Georgia can be used on any road with the E-PASS or SunPass logo. You can also use your E-PASS in North Carolina on the Quick Pass system and in Georgia on the PeachPass system. Passes from other states are not accepted in Florida.

E-PASS, SunPass and LeeWay (Lee County) are compatible with each other and may be used on toll roads and bridges throughout Florida.

Paying cash, the tolls between MCO airport and the port are only $2.00.

How busy are the cash lanes? Not worth paying a convenience fee for having it in my rental car if I'm only waiting a few minutes at the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our recent trip from Port Canaveral to WDW - the longest line we encountered for cash payments was 1 car ahead of us. Also from MCO to WDW, no waits.

That being said, depending on time of day, you could have a little wait, but not long.

Edited by Shmoo here

having exact change - quarters - means you can use those lanes and not need the attended lanes - the CASH lanes have both. If there is a queue it is at the attended lane and I HAVE seen these be 10 vehicles or more. All ya need is someone asking directions . . . or trying to use a credit card .... or has nothing smaller than a $100 ....

• 4 weeks later...

You DON'T want to use the one from the rental car agency. Most of the ones I have seen charge upwards of $17 per day of your rental whether you use it each day or not. Use it one day out of 7, you get charged 7x whatever the daily fee is. Plus they charge you the cash rate for the tolls. It is much cheaper to just get your own ahead of time (if you will be going back to FL in the future) or pay cash (if you're not).

You DON'T want to use the one from the rental car agency. Most of the ones I have seen charge upwards of $17 per day of your rental whether you use it each day or not. Use it one day out of 7, you get charged 7x whatever the daily fee is. Plus they charge you the cash rate for the tolls. It is much cheaper to just get your own ahead of time (if you will be going back to FL in the future) or pay cash (if you're not).

Untrue. I rent from Avis and they only charge a small service charge plus the tolls. I'm looking at my credit card statement from last month right now and I was charged $8.20 for tolls from the port to the park.