Regal princess question, public areas

newcruzer2

I recently read a review about regal princess and with no real way to contact the writer ( the review was not on the threads) I am wondering if this has been anyone else's experience also.

She wrote 2 things that gave me great pause.

1. Outrigger bar allows smoking - is this truly a smoking area :(

2. There is not drink serve in the theater, you must bring one with you from else where. ( I had heard there were no armrest-Tables)... but no drink serve ???

I recently read a review about regal princess and with no real way to contact the writer ( the review was not on the threads) I am wondering if this has been anyone else's experience also.

2. There is not drink serve in the theater, you must bring one with you from else where. ( I had heard there were no armrest-Tables)... but no drink serve ???

I've sailed several times on the Regal & Royal and didn't experience anyone smoking at the Outrigger Bar. I think the smoking area is one deck up & when near the aft railing would once in awhile detect a slight odor of smoke.

The Princess Theater does not have armrest tables but as I recall there were waiters with digital pads taking orders which were delivered by another waiter to expedite service.

There's a smoking sticky thread at the top of this forum where you might find more information about smoking areas on the Regal.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1559878

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were on the Regal in January and there were most certainly waiters serving drinks in the theater.:)

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't having a senior moment when recalling there were waiters serving drinks. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

There is service but no where to put the drinks.

The reviewer must have arrived at the theater shortly before the show started. They do cut off orders at a certain point. We experienced that. We were told they didn't have time to get the order in and served before it started.

Who ever wrote these two "facts" is wrong on both. :o

The Outrigger is NOT a smoking area.

And yes indeed, there ARE drinks served if you want preshow. They aren't pushed as on some ships with tables or drink holders. But they do sell thme and folks just hold them while resting them on the arm rest. Most arrive early for their seat choice and have a drink then. Not in the dark.

I've sailed several times on the Regal & Royal and didn't experience anyone smoking at the Outrigger Bar. I think the smoking area is one deck up & when near the aft railing would once in awhile detect a slight odor of smoke.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1559878

You are correct that on the Regal the smoking area is one deck up on Sun deck on the port side around the Terrace Pool.

On Grand class ships there used to be smoking on the port side of the Outrigger Bar area but that was also the location on the Terrace Pool. Don't know if that is still the case on those ships.

Edited by IECalCruiser

You are correct that on the Regal the smoking area is one deck up on Sun deck on the port side around the Terrace Pool.

On Grand class ships there used to be smoking on the port side of the Outrigger Bar area but that was also the location on the Terrace Pool. Don't know if that is still the case on those ships.

On our most recent cruises on the Crown, one side of the deck outside of Sabatini's was a smoking area & think also by the Outrigger Bar.

Bar service before the show, but NO place to set the drinks(amazingly dumb!!) Not a lot of drinks were purchased for that reason. Cunard/Celebrity both have bar service & places for the drinks. A real lost opportunity for enhanced revenue. No place to set your drink? Why would you then purchase one.

Edited by keithm
punctuation