Balcony Divider Escape

gandoratze42

Hello, we will be traveling with another family on an upcoming cruise. Do the dividers between balconies open up? We'd like to be able to have the kids visit between rooms without going in and out of the room doors / hallway. Anyone know if that is something our steward can arrange?

It is forbidden fleetwide for security reasons, some stewards will however allow them to be opened in hopes of better tips.

P.S. There is a search function on this board - with the exact words in your title I could find several threads about the subject even from the last month or two (latest one only a week ago). :)

Edited by Demonyte

In 6 out of 7 cruises we have taken, we have not had a problem with having adjoining balcony dividers opened WHILE IN PORT on three different lines. Staff were most emphatic about not having them open when cruising. Your experience may be entirely different.

• 8 months later...
Hello, we will be traveling with another family on an upcoming cruise. Do the dividers between balconies open up? We'd like to be able to have the kids visit between rooms without going in and out of the room doors / hallway. Anyone know if that is something our steward can arrange?

I was told that it could not be done by the head steward.

After speaking with another passenger he told me that he did it.

I spoke with Trevor, the Guest Service Asst Manager, and he said that it could be done.

Balcony814816_zpsentmecx3.jpg

Sorry for clogging up the board. I'll be more diligent about searching first and posting second. Thanks for the info.

You are definitely not clogging the forum. You have every right to ask questions. Ignore the people who like to complain.

The policy is for the dividers to remain locked to prevent the spread of fire. If you ask your room steward nicely, they may open the divider for you. In some ports, the crew open all of the dividers to walk the length of the ship and wash down the balconies. They close the dividers behind them. You will have to ask that the be opened again.

It is forbidden fleetwide for security reasons, some stewards will however allow them to be opened in hopes of better tips.

P.S. There is a search function on this board - with the exact words in your title I could find several threads about the subject even from the last month or two (latest one only a week ago). :)

As much as we all appreciate your in depth knowledge.

I believe most of us feel you could cut the OP some slack and not jump down his throat.

BTW, I thought the balconies partitions didn't open due to fire reasons.

That was last years excuse.

Now it's security. LOL.

---------------------------------------------------

Do you fell more powerful now? Damn, .... I hope so, after that post.

What a way to welcome the new poster (s).

You wonder why this place is absent of newbies.

Is it everyone's goal to shun the new posters?

I don't get it.

1. You all treat each other like s***
  2. You treat every new post like it is a lie,
  3. troll,
  4. noise,
  5. fake news.
  6. What is with you all?
  7. You all should just continue your dribble amongst yourselves.
  8. While the real world lives our lives in reality.
  9. Enjoy your drivel here, while others sail, fly, drive, and live our days in the real world.
  10. I can't believe you treat/welcome new poster with that espoused drivel.
  11. But I'm sure you fell real big now, don't you?
  12. OH, my.
  13. My apologizes to the newbies here, for some of the regulars that feel they are just too big to answer a simple question.
  14. :(

15. Oh , that's right, you do. Carry on.

JMO

'ETA; I can't take it anymore. Do you all know how painful most threads are?

Edited by bear3412

We have always had our dividers opened up when traveling with friends! Of course, we also give our steward a tip and small gift from home when we meet them on the first day whether we are in a balcony or an inside. And before everyone jumps on, no, it is not a bribe, it's a gift to say thanks for how hard you work!