Oasis suggestions

There is an older thread about Oasis (basically ideas/suggestions that are ship specific) I thought it might be time to start a newer thread. Those that have recently sailed, give us Oasis Virgins your best suggestions & helpful hints to help in planning and on board experience. Thanks!

Why? Nothing really has changed on Oasis to discount the suggestions from an older thread.

Funny but a previous poster was mocked for digging up such an old thread! Oh well.

About the only major change that comes to mind is the loss of the public balconies on the aft ends of decks 11, 12, and 14. The public balconies of the aft ends of deck 7 are still there.

Starbucks was added sometime late 2011(I think)

Absolutely not.

The coffee kiosk was there when she was built. At first, it was called Mondo Café, but soon thereafter began to wear the Starbucks banner.

:)

... The coffee kiosk was there when she was built. At first, it was called Mondo Café, but soon thereafter began to wear the Starbucks banner.

This is my recollection of what happened on Oasis.

However, I thought Starbucks was on Allure from the start.

This is my recollection of what happened on Oasis.

However, I thought Starbucks was on Allure from the start.

Yes, that is correct.

I have had many a "discussion" with a member of the CD's staff during trivia over these facts.

:D

Absolutely not.

The coffee kiosk was there when she was built. At first, it was called Mondo Café, but soon thereafter began to wear the Starbucks banner.

I believe that it was Café Mondo, upon further reflection.

We were just on the Oasis with our 2 teenagers last month. I would recommend getting the RC bus to the FLL Port Everglades and get to the bus kiosk early to get boarding card. As soon as you board go to Park Cafe for lunch because there will be huge lines at the Windjammer Cafe. You might waste 30-45 minutes waiting in that line. I think the Solarium has short lines too. Book all of your shows online. Bring a day sack because your luggage might not arrive at your room until 6:00. Get your activity bracelet (sign waiver online) on your first day. Book the comedy night online. It is very popular. We have been on 3 cruises in 21 years before the trip on Oasis. Didn't really like those cruises but our kids wanted to go on a cruise so we booked this one. We had one of the best vacations ever. Already booked trip on Harmony of the Seas for next late May. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ATL_Guy67

Absolutely not.

I don't normally do this but I have to disagree with you on this. There was no Starbucks kiosk when I cruised Oasis in November, 2011. It was due to open the following week.Work was being done on the kiosk all during our cruise. We cruised with some family members. One niece is a Starbucks snob , she was so disappointed not be able to have her Starbucks.

I don't normally do this but I have to disagree with you on this. There was no Starbucks kiosk when I cruised Oasis in November, 2011. It was due to open the following week.Work was being done on the kiosk all during our cruise. We cruised with some family members. One niece is a Starbucks snob , she was so disappointed not be able to have her Starbucks.

and they will not take your Starbucks card.

There is an older thread about Oasis (basically ideas/suggestions that are ship specific) I thought it might be time to start a newer thread. Those that have recently sailed, give us Oasis Virgins your best suggestions & helpful hints to help in planning and on board experience. Thanks!

Based on recent experiences, my newest tip would be after you make all your show and dining reservations, check them again a day or two before the cruise!

We were just on the Oasis with our 2 teenagers last month. I would recommend getting the RC bus to the FLL Port Everglades and get to the bus kiosk early to get boarding card. As soon as you board go to Park Cafe for lunch because there will be huge lines at the Windjammer Cafe. You might waste 30-45 minutes waiting in that line. I think the Solarium has short lines too. Book all of your shows online. Bring a day sack because your luggage might not arrive at your room until 6:00. Get your activity bracelet (sign waiver online) on your first day. Book the comedy night online. It is very popular. We have been on 3 cruises in 21 years before the trip on Oasis. Didn't really like those cruises but our kids wanted to go on a cruise so we booked this one. We had one of the best vacations ever. Already booked trip on Harmony of the Seas for next late May. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have mainly skipped the comedy shows since they tend to be more adult themed that I would prefer. Did you think the shows were family friendly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have mainly skipped the comedy shows since they tend to be more adult themed that I would prefer. Did you think the shows were family friendly?

I would say that the comedy shows in the comedy venue are for mature audiences. There is another comedy show in the main theater (first come, first served, no reservations taken) that is supposed to be the family friendly show.

I would say that the comedy shows in the comedy venue are for mature audiences. There is another comedy show in the main theater (first come, first served, no reservations taken) that is supposed to be the family friendly show.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks!