Handicap assist restrooms on Allure

Does anyone know if there are restrooms by the theater on Allure that are handicap assists and allow a wheelchair bound person to receive help from someone. Also, is there an entrance for handicap people in a wheelchair on deck 3. On Serenade they have an emergency exit that they also use also to take wheelchairs in since they cannot go up and down for seats. Thanks.

Sue

I am sorry. I did not make myself clear. On several Royal Caribbean ships there are handicap assist restrooms like they have at the airport and many stores. The handicapped person receives help from a companion. There is room for the disabled person and companion. These restrooms also usually have a baby changing table also so they serve more than one purpose. I know they have them on the Radiance class ships.

I am sorry. I did not make myself clear. On several Royal Caribbean ships there are handicap assist restrooms like they have at the airport and many stores. The handicapped person receives help from a companion. There is room for the disabled person and companion. These restrooms also usually have a baby changing table also so they serve more than one purpose. I know they have them on the Radiance class ships.

oooooooooooohhhhhh. THAT kind of facility.

I don't remember seeing them, but then, I wasn't looking for them.

Try this forum:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Edited by Merion_Mom

I may be mistaken, but I believe all of the public restrooms on Allure are ADA compliant and the ADA stalls have plenty of room for a person, chair, and companion.

At the very least, I do know the restrooms outside of the theatre on decks 4 and 5 do have ADA/companion stalls.

As for your second question, on Deck 4, which is the lower entrance, there is an area at the top of the theatre for wheelchair users. It is marked with a handicap symbol. It is the first row of chairs that you see right as you enter the theatre.

Does anyone know if there are restrooms by the theater on Allure that are handicap assists and allow a wheelchair bound person to receive help from someone. Also, is there an entrance for handicap people in a wheelchair on deck 3. On Serenade they have an emergency exit that they also use also to take wheelchairs in since they cannot go up and down for seats. Thanks.

Sue

The Oasis class ships are probably the most handicap friendly ships around. For you question, I believe you are looking for a "family Bathroom" that is often times found in malls, airports, etc that offer a ton of room. On a ship, I do not believe you will find this. Yes, they all have handicap stalls, but like everything on ship, you might find some challenges.

I'm not understanding the Deck 3 question. Maybe it is related to a specific port? All the ships I have been on, handicap wheerchairs use the same gangway.

... I'm not understanding the Deck 3 question. Maybe it is related to a specific port? All the ships I have been on, handicap wheerchairs use the same gangway.

I took the OP to be asking if there was an entrance to the theater on deck 3 that wheelchairs could use.

Not just Oasis class, but I believe all have the push button auto open wider doors. Pretty much all bathrooms were ADA with these buttons, but you don't notice them until you need them. I know Adventure had them, as DW was on a scooter from foot surgery. No attendants are typically standing by though.

Not just Oasis class, but I believe all have the push button auto open wider doors. Pretty much all bathrooms were ADA with these buttons, but you don't notice them until you need them. I know Adventure had them, as DW was on a scooter from foot surgery. No attendants are typically standing by though.

Wrong assumption that not just the Oasis Class have public restrooms with a push button auto door opener. Am disabled and travel RCCL regularly and can tell you with a 100% certainty that auto doors are Not on all RCCL ships. Auto doors are on the Oasis Class ships.

Edited by xxoocruiser

The Oasis class ships are probably the most handicap friendly ships around. For you question, I believe you are looking for a "family Bathroom" that is often times found in malls, airports, etc that offer a ton of room. On a ship, I do not believe you will find this. Yes, they all have handicap stalls, but like everything on ship, you might find some challenges.

I'm not understanding the Deck 3 question. Maybe it is related to a specific port? All the ships I have been on, handicap wheerchairs use the same gangway.

The Oasis class ship does have accessible washrooms that are not contained within the standard Ladies or Men's washrooms. They are not marked as being " Family Restrooms" . Just marked with the standard universal handicap symbol. Unfortunately do not recall the location of all of them but they do exist on Oasis Class Ships as well as many other RCCL ship.

In the future I suggest you post your questions on the Disabled cruise forum. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Here's the link to all the accessible public areas on the that you'll find helpful. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/printAccessibilityInformation.do?pagename=accessible_features_AL

There was no accessible entrance to the theater on deck 3 . In fact there is no public theater entrance at all on deck 3. On the Allure I was lead to believe that there was an accessible access to be able to get closer to the stage but when asked about it was told by RCCL staff it wasn't so. All accessible seating is in the back rows on deck 4 and 5 which essentially is when first entering the theater. FYI there are emergency exits on all decks of the theater but since the Allure of the Seas has designated wheelchair seating unlike the Serenade don't count on being permitted to enter the theater through an emergency exit.

All public restrooms on the Allure of the Seas do have accessible stalls that can accommodate a companion as well as the a wheelchair. However they're not all designed equally. It will be trial an error as to which ones work best for you when positioning your wheelchair for transfer. There are also a few stand alone restrooms which some on this tread have referred to as a Family Restroom but they are not marked as such. These will be marked showing the both the female and male icon along with the wheelchair icon and are scattered about the ship . These will make it easier for some of the opposite sex to assist you. Unfortunately I do not recall the location of these.

Edited by xxoocruiser

In the future I suggest you post your questions on the Disabled cruise forum. Here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Personally, I find that forum to be worthless when it comes to ship/cruiseline specfic related accessibility questions. Its slow and may be days to get an answer if you even get an answer at all. The OP came to the right place as far as Im concerned

Edited by ryano

Wrong assumption that not just the Oasis Class have public restrooms with a push button auto door opener. Am disabled and travel RCCL regularly and can tell you with a 100% certainty that auto doors are Not on all RCCL ships. Auto doors are on the Oasis Class ships.

I know they are not limited to just Oasis class because we saw and used them all over the ship on Adventure, an older voyager class ship. But we never before needed them, so this was a learning experience for us. Not sure how exactly the older/smaller ships are outfitted, but I would be surprised if they were not at least ADA compliant in most areas, but may not all have the button access..

Having the DW temporarily limited to Scooter access to get around the ship was an eye opener. Makes you far more aware of accessibility issues we always just took for granted.