Cozumal got trashed

I don't think Chankanaab Park is left...I saw another post on here about it. I loved it there so much. The dolphins were hopefully able to getout of their contained area; otherwise, I fear they would have been bashed around.

I read on another thread under ports of call-Cozumel that Chankanaab Park is gone - completely. Also read that the dolphins were moved to hotel swimming pools prior to the storm - don't know if that one is true though.

I read today on the CC Newsletter that gets e mailed to me that some ships may go there as early as this Friday if possible so it looks like all of us with dates of Dec and Jan have a good possibility. Heard there are 2 pier areas and one is ok

Under the ports board for Coz. there is a resident that posts alot. Paradise Beach Tom. He and his wife took the last plane out Thurs. I think. Then proceeded to deliver thier first born during the hurricane!! He posted, spoken with the GM from PB. The pier by Senor Frogs is totally gone. The International pier was damage and he thought looked like it would need rebuilding. There are several posts with picture links.

We were there three weeks ago and I can't believe the devastation. Kudos to RCCL for stepping up and helping out. I think it's wishful thinking that the port will be open anytime soon. There is alot of rebuilding needed. Not only to the piers but beaches and downtime area. I will be booking once they are!

Burnsie

I've been keeping close tabs on Cozumel's situation.

Avanti is right, they're expecting their first ship Nov. 14, and they can't wait to get the ships back in.

Extensive damage was done to much of the island, but only one of the three cruise piers was totally demolished and one was moderately damaged. They're working hard to get it all cleaned up.

Many accounts from there seem to have been exaggerated. They took a good hit and the pictures are astonishing, but it'll be "business as usual" much sooner than many predicted.

The island NEEDS the cruise ships nowadays, and I'm sure they'll use tenders and do everything possible to get tourists on and off the island until the piers are completely recovered.

Still don't know exactly what happened to Chankanaab but I'm sure the dolphin and sea lion pens are gone. Other than that, I'm sure the beach bars and palapas will be rebuilt with a quickness.

I've been keeping close tabs on Cozumel's situation.

Avanti is right, they're expecting their first ship Nov. 14, and they can't wait to get the ships back in.

Extensive damage was done to much of the island, but only one of the three cruise piers was totally demolished and one was moderately damaged. They're working hard to get it all cleaned up.

Many accounts from there seem to have been exaggerated. They took a good hit and the pictures are astonishing, but it'll be "business as usual" much sooner than many predicted.

The island NEEDS the cruise ships nowadays, and I'm sure they'll use tenders and do everything possible to get tourists on and off the island until the piers are completely recovered.

Still don't know exactly what happened to Chankanaab but I'm sure the dolphin and sea lion pens are gone. Other than that, I'm sure the beach bars and palapas will be rebuilt with a quickness.

the press release announcing the opening of Cozumel was held by the mayor of the city. I agree with others, on a few other threads, lets be optomistic, but 2 weeks is a bit too soon. I sure hope I am wrong. NMNita

Archived