Galveston Vision of Seas 2017

ssb

Royal Caribbean added some new Vision of the Seas sailings in 2017, from Galveston, Texas.

The new sailings are available for booking now, and include 4- and 5-night cruises to destinations in Mexico.

Sailing dates begin on November 6, 2017 and extend through the end of December.

Hopefully Cuba itinerary will follow

!

By LAURA ELDER The Daily News | Posted 11 hours ago

Another ship has come in for the Port of Galveston.

Royal Caribbean’s Vision of the Seas will begin seasonal sailing from the island Nov. 6, 2017, offering four- and five-day Western Caribbean cruises.

Vision of the Seas will offer 12 cruises from Galveston in November and December next year, generating about $300,000 for the landlord port, which collects passenger fees and money from cruise-passenger parking along with ship service fees.

Unlike the new megaships sailing from Galveston, the 915-foot Vision of the Seas is a relatively small passenger liner, with lower berth capacity of about 2,000. To put that in perspective, consider that Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas, which began sailing from the island last year, is 1,112 feet in length and has a lower berth capacity of 3,634 passengers.

Ships typically sail with more people, however, because staterooms often are double capacity.

Vision of the Seas, built in 1998, is similar to the Rhapsody of the Seas, which sailed from the island from 2001 to 2007, and differs from newer, larger liners in that it doesn’t have as many balconies. Balconies are in high demand by cruise passengers and evident in ships built after 2000, Port of Galveston Director Michael Mierzwa said.

Although smaller and seasonal, the presence of Vision of the Seas will be good for the island and the port, Mierzwa said.

“Again, it just emphasizes the popularity of cruising from the Port of Galveston,” Mierzwa said. “It will be a wonderful thing for the city of Galveston to continue to get more visitors to come down and enjoy cruising and visiting Galveston.”

The 12 sailings by Vision of the Seas will bring about 24,000 additional visitors to the island in 2017.

Along with the tourism that cruising brings to Galveston, it also is vital to the port’s bottom line.

About 56 percent of the port’s $33.1 million 2015 operating revenues was from cruise business.

The port is home to three year-round Carnival Cruise Line ships, one year-round Royal Caribbean ship and a seasonal Disney Cruise Lines ship.

That is good news, as it gives us another option, for shorter cruises.

It would be great they did it year round :D

Posturing for Cuba I hope!

Edited by ssb

I wish RCCL would do some longer cruises out of here, really prefer 10 days or so, which will give us more interesting ports

George consider Re positioning cruise from New Jersey to Galveston

14 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

FROM $957 USD*

ON OCTOBER 23, 2017

Depart from Cape Liberty, New Jersey on Vision Of The Seas

Ports

Cape Liberty, New Jersey | Labadee, Haiti | Kralendijk, Bonaire | Willemstad, Curacao | Oranjestad, Aruba | George Town, Grand Cayman | Cozumel, Mexico | Costa Maya, Mexico | Yucatan (Progreso), Mexico | Galveston, Texas

*Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $165.50 USD

OR a 26 day cruise Back to Back

Quebec to Galveston

12 Night Fall Foliage Cruise

FROM $885 USD*

ON OCTOBER 11, 2017

Depart from Quebec City, Quebec on Vision Of The Seas

Ports

Quebec City, Quebec | Corner Brook, Newfoundland | Sydney, Nova Scotia | Halifax, Nova Scotia | Saint John, New Brunswick | Bar Harbor, Maine | Rockland, Maine | Portland, Maine | Boston, Massachusetts | Newport, Rhode Island | Cape Liberty, New Jersey

*Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $226.77 USD

I wish RCCL would do some longer cruises out of here, really prefer 10 days or so, which will give us more interesting ports

Doesn't have to be 10 days, I stated in another thread Nassau, Turks and Labadee are possible for a 7 day cruise from Galveston and it would be a different itinerary than the Carnival competition.

It will be interesting to see Port Galveston juggle 3 Carninval, 2 RCCL, Disney, and Princess next year.

Edited by longhorn2004

Doesn't have to be 10 days, I stated in another thread Nassau, Turks and Labadee are possible for a 7 day cruise from Galveston and it would be a different itinerary than the Carnival competition.

It will be interesting to see Port Galveston juggle 3 Carninval, 2 RCCL, Disney, and Princess next year.

I don't believe that Princess has announced that they are officially back in Texas. What I understand is that they want to come back to Galveston.

That would be an awesome itinerary! It would be great to have some variety.

I keep seeing comments that Princess is returning to Texas or coming to Galveston. Where is this information coming from?

As wonderful as this would be, I can't help wondering whether this information is official or just wishful thinking.

Comments, anyone?

I keep seeing comments that Princess is returning to Texas or coming to Galveston. Where is this information coming from?

As wonderful as this would be, I can't help wondering whether this information is official or just wishful thinking.

Comments, anyone?

It was in one of the news articles about them leaving Bayport but was opened to returning to Galveston since Carnival is the parent company. No I do not have a link.

It was in one of the news articles about them leaving Bayport but was opened to returning to Galveston since Carnival is the parent company. No I do not have a link.

I have personally had discussion with reliable inside sources that recent discussions have been had with Princess about returning . When and if for sure returning? ?

Edited by ssb

OK, we couldn't stand it -- we booked the b2b too. See everyone on board. We got our favorite cabin, #7158 aft balcony. Could not pass that up!!

Margee and Bill

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Margee & Bill:

Are you doing the b2b from Quebec?

Lee and I are and have a PV cabin, deck 7.

Trying to convince a group of friends who sailed the Liberty with us from NY, to join us in Quebec.

Mary

Hi, Mary. We are going to have so much fun! Another deck 7 wine party coming up. And yes, we are doing the b2b. Actually the Fall Foliage cruises have been on my bucket list for a while now. I hope some of the fun folks from our Liberty repo can join us. The prices on these two were reasonable for the long cruises and great ports.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app