2017 Britain?

Wavesprite

They don't do a British Isles itinerary. Everything for June 2017 in Europe has been announced (four ships with all dates accounted for). The Jade will stop in Southampton, but that's about it for British ports (also Scotland/Orkney later in the summer).

Thanks, I went on a British isles cryise through Princess a few years ago and was looking for a change!

Even if NCL did a British cruise I bet you would find that it visited almost all the ports you did with Princess. There are only so many British ports that a cruise liner, of any decent size, could visit.

Everything for June 2017 in Europe has been announced (four ships with all dates accounted for).
Sorry, I spoke too quickly, because of course there are supposed to be five ships in Europe next summer… They still haven't put up the revised Mediterranean itineraries for the Spirit for next summer (see this thread for details).

We did a British Isles cruise in Sept. 2015. I think they sometimes do an itin. at the end of season for the Baltic cruise ship. Ours was the Star and left from Copenhagen stopped in Rotterdam, Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Inverness, Edinburgh and Dover, it's last stop for that cruise. It then carried on with the TA stopping in the Azores (loved it there) and supposedly Miami (missed it) to Tampa.

All this to say, they will sometimes do a BI cruise at end of season... watch for it around mid-October and if not this year, possibly next.

Would love to do a British Isles cruise, but not end of Oct. would rather do it in the warmer months. I know it's slightly off this thread's topic, but does anyone have a good recommendation for a reasonably priced, not too formal cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a British Isles cruise in Sept. 2015. I think they sometimes do an itin. at the end of season for the Baltic cruise ship. Ours was the Star and left from Copenhagen stopped in Rotterdam, Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Inverness, Edinburgh and Dover, it's last stop for that cruise. It then carried on with the TA stopping in the Azores (loved it there) and supposedly Miami (missed it) to Tampa.

All this to say, they will sometimes do a BI cruise at end of season... watch for it around mid-October and if not this year, possibly next.

For a while NCL did a fall British Isles cruises in alternating years and we planned to book for fall of 2017 to celebrate 50 years of marriage. The anticipated cruise has not shown up on NCL website so we started looking for alternatives. Princess has a port intensive British Isles cruise but we decided for our first trip to Europe to book the Regal Princess Sept 2017. The cruise starts in Copenhagen with schedule of Denmark, Norway, Sea Day, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, 5 day crossing, Boston, Newport RI and ends in New York. We may fly from Oregon to Iceland, do a couple days stayover there and then continue to Copenhagen with a couple days there before the cruise. We would avoid long flights and see parts of the world new to us. We love Boston and Newport so these port stops are a plus.

We've enjoyed 17 consecutive cruises with NCL and fully expected to celebrate our 50th anniversary with an NCL cruise. Princess is not brand new to us since our very first cruise was on the Grand Princess. The Regal Princess looks beautiful and we really like the itinerary so unless NCL comes up with something very special for fall 2017 Princess it is.

Would love to do a British Isles cruise, but not end of Oct. would rather do it in the warmer months. I know it's slightly off this thread's topic, but does anyone have a good recommendation for a reasonably priced, not too formal cruise line.

We are doing one in June 2017 through Princess. I don't know what you consider "reasonable price" or "not too formal"!! :D

That one is possible too expensive; NZD3500 for 12 days in an Inside.

Mike

We strongly considered Princess for this summer, but as kjquilts said, those itineraries have so many ports and so few sea days, it seemed like it would start feeling like work by the end of the cruise! And I find that Princess is typically a lot more expensive than NCL for lower stateroom categories (inside/OV), but of course it depends on exactly what two sailings you compare (and what value you find in NCL's promos).

Oh the cruise I went on was Princess and I went with my mother. I'd like to go again with my husband and children. Those ports are so awesome you could go many times and not get bored!

It was definitely port intensive but I never felt like it was work at all. We booked all private excursions with other cruise critic folks and had the BEST time. That's what I want to recreate it with my family.

Wanted to see if NCL had one because we just went through the the Panama Canal in February and it was amazing! Great cruise in the Jewel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Wavesprite