Loyalty on Princess & P&O

petlady7

HI

Do sea days on a P & O ship count towards your loyalty programme on Princess too , we have been told in the past they do but trying to clarify , any info appreciated , thank you

All days on a cruise count towards your penninsular points, which in turn count on Princess. If you are on a 14 day cruise, that is 140 peninsular points that count on princess.

OK thanks , pity it only works one way but at least we can get closer to elite on Princess now , our cruise with P&O will be for 40 days:) Longest cruise we would of done , so looking forward to it

All days on a cruise count towards your penninsular points, which in turn count on Princess. If you are on a 14 day cruise, that is 140 peninsular points that count on princess.

This is very close to the scoring system. If you go on a P&O cruise for 14 days, Princess will award you 1 cruise credit (for the cruise) and accredit you with 14 days cruising as the number of days you have cruised. Under the Princess Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme there are two ways of scoring: a number of cruise credits and b number of days cruising. Whichever gives the better score against their requirement for a loyalty level dictates your status in the scheme. Peninsular points are not relevant per se.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I totally agree that points should work both ways. As a Carnival shareholder (like many more on here?) I want people to cruise on ANY of the Carnival ships not to defect to RCI etc. If I could use my P&O status on the other lines I'd be mush more likely to stay with Carnival. This situation of a one way with Princess is ludicrous. :confused:

I totally agree that points should work both ways. As a Carnival shareholder (like many more on here?) I want people to cruise on ANY of the Carnival ships not to defect to RCI etc. If I could use my P&O status on the other lines I'd be mush more likely to stay with Carnival. This situation of a one way with Princess is ludicrous. :confused:

It hasn't always been like that P&O used to recognise Princess cruises loyalty but they stopped it. The reason why its only applied to those two is prior to being bought by Carnival Corporation P&O used to own Princess and the rumour was that Carnival only wanted Princess and not P&O but couldn't purchase one without the other.

It hasn't always been like that P&O used to recognise Princess cruises loyalty but they stopped it. The reason why its only applied to those two is prior to being bought by Carnival Corporation P&O used to own Princess and the rumour was that Carnival only wanted Princess and not P&O but couldn't purchase one without the other.

Remember it was not a take over. It was a merger. As it was to have been with RCI but with P&O having the largest share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HI

Do sea days on a P & O ship count towards your loyalty programme on Princess too , we have been told in the past they do but trying to clarify , any info appreciated , thank you

Just got off Emerald Princess, and had a long talk with the PC rep on board.

He told me that Princess use the points accrued on P&O for benefits, but P&O do not accept Princess sea days towards their scheme.

I can verify this as we were Gold on Princess (why I had the conversation), although it was our first booking with them.

Just got off Emerald Princess, and had a long talk with the PC rep on board.

He told me that Princess use the points accrued on P&O for benefits, but P&O do not accept Princess sea days towards their scheme.

I can verify this as we were Gold on Princess (why I had the conversation), although it was our first booking with them.

Exactly, great is it not! We are elite on Princess and I saw a Princess ship ... Once.

We are trying them out next year. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As a Carnival Shareholder you do get a special deal. On board credit on Carnival Branded cruises. That is the deal which relates to having the minimum number of shares. I wont go in to detail about Sitmar, lol.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

From what I gather P&O are again thinking about re designing their Loyalty Programme. I received an on line questionnaire with loads of different scenarios

Yesterday I received a follow up questionnaire to the one sent out in June asking for views on various options. Part of the questionnaire asked about including benefits, not just from Princess but also other Carnival brands but the emphasis was on Princess. Replies were wanted by 15 July.