Party of 13 - suggestions?

mchelle77

How many cars would that be? If you were to take hotel rooms, how many family groups of what sizes and ages? What southern NH town are you coming from? Would your group be able to manage luggage on public transportation?

I'm a frequent cruiser from Cape Liberty. The reality is that there is no easy way to get to the New York area cruises, particularly with a group of 13 with undoubtedly a massive quantity of luggage.

If you drive the morning of the cruise, you would absolutely have to leave no later than 6 am to allow time for the inevitable pit stops. I live near route 3 and I495 in Mass and the one time I sailed from NYC it took me 4 hours with one very quick stop. If anyone in your group has car issues, you run the risk of missing the cruise.

Please answer the above questions so I can have a better understanding of your group's demographics before I offer suggestions.

Look into chartering a mini bus. It may be cheaper than parking for all the cars and a hotel stay the night before. Or rent two vans. Unfortunately the nearest NYC car rental doesn't open up in until the afternoon on Sunday's. So you will either have to rent it for the week or wait until later to travel back home. Have fun! We are going from NY with friends from NH on October 9th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk