Are we taking over this page !!!!

Kiwi Kruzer

I have been on Cruise Critic since June 2001.

The P&O page has been very slow,but now is starting to take off.

It is great to see all the postings from downunder and now with 3 ships about to be cruising full time out of Australasian waters,plus all the the other ships that visit our waters ,lets hope this page takes off.

This is a great forum to chat about cruising.

Keep posting folks!!!!!!!

Perhaps we may even get our own page

P&O Australia

or should that read

Carnival.........

i think this is the only page us aussie's have.. all the other sections are US/ UK based.

I think we should get our own section as well. I mean we are the largest island in the world and we are a continent even and we have somehting like 22 Million people now! We deserve our own section.

But until then lets just hi jack the entire thread so the moderators will give us our own section.. maybe we can lobby for one!!

But it is great to see some relevant Australian reviews and suggestions!!

Cheers,

Dan

(feeling a little Patriotic)

Good points from Kiwi Kruzer and Dan.

Yes, a P&O Australia (Carnival or whatever) site would be great, and stop some of the confusion for those looking for other P&O sites.

Australians and New Zealanders mingle as one on these cruises, and for posting to this site, have similar questions and advise.

Bring it on!

I also agree that we need to have our own P&O Australia thread as we are starting to get heaps of people posting.

I can remember looking online for days trying to find a great site like this one. It did take me a while and I am so glad I found it as it has helped me with ideas and decisions a great deal!

Bring it on!!! cruisecritic.

We need to be able to provide more insight to travellers leaving and arriving on board P&O ships here in Australia and NZ.

Here,here.I have found this website invaluable and check whenever I can as most times some-one has asked a question I can relate to.We are cruising in April..its nice when strangers are excited for you!

yes, i have to chime in and agree. I don't think I have ever seen a rude response on the p and o threads.every one has always been so kind and helpful to me, so naturally i want to others in return.

Bring on the aussie board cruise critic....

karon

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing today about this site and how great it is to see so many Aussies interested. I've been blown away by the helpfulness of everyones input and the fact that there is no sarcasam or bitchiness (not like some other sites that's for sure). I too fell into this site by accident and it has come at a great time and I'm amazed at how long some people have to wait for their cruise (thourght I was the only one booking sooooooooooo early. WRONG!!!!!) I look forward to logging on every day to see what everyone has to say. Kerri

I for one hope that you do not exclude those of us from the USA.

Many of us love it down under, and would cruise there more often if P&O Australia was marketed better here. Although the very long flight is a turn- off for many, I think it is doable.

Many of us love it down under, and would cruise there more often if P&O Australia was marketed better here. Although the very long flight is a turn- off for many, I think it is doable.

My hubby is from LA originally so I can understand the love for Australia and also the long haul flights. Yes it is doable and very worthwhile.

Everyone's input is welcome here.

I think it is more about having a site relating to any ships under the control of P&O Australia.

The cruising style is also more laid back and fun related than the norm, and the cruises are loaded with theme nights and so on.

As for excluding anyone from another Country - Never! I would believe that all and sundry should and would be invited to post, or at least come in for a look and a laugh.

I have been posting about getting an Aus/Nz cruising board for AGES. I also think there should be a link to the official forum from the P&O Website because so many people stumble on this site by accident.

Everyone who cruises has many questions they would like answered and or to read other threads about a variety of topics... ! nuff said...

Yes I have to agree that everyone is so helpful. I also came across the site by accident about a week ago and I spend hours on it. I've already learnt a few tricks that will come in handy for my cruise.

Cruiselover96, you mention about booking way ahead. We booked our cruise on 30th Oct '04 and don't sail until 2 Apr '06. Yes that's right, 17 months ahead but I can't believe how quick the time has gone already and even though it's still a little over 5 months away I feel as thoug it is now getting close. The worst thing is of course is that after 17 months of waiting it will all be over in 11 days. I find this site makes me even more excited about it because I get excited for everyone else who's going and can't wait to read their reviews.

Karen

I have been posting about getting an Aus/Nz cruising board for AGES. I also think there should be a link to the official forum from the P&O Website because so many people stumble on this site by accident.

Everyone who cruises has many questions they would like answered and or to read other threads about a variety of topics... ! nuff said...

Totally agree with you.

One of the things I have found is that the Oz postings are more relavant, our cruise style appears to be a little different and more relaxed than other cruise lines.

Totally agree with you.

our cruise style appears to be a little different and more relaxed than other cruise lines.

That's for sure. I've read cruise reviews on other sites and most other people seem to look for 6 star service rather than fun. I know what I'd prefer to spend my money on (and less money at that).

Karen

Hi Michael,

I would also like to see P&O Australia marketed more in North America.The North American lines market themselves down here, and on all the cruises I have been on over there, there have been Australians and New Zealanders

on board.

Lets hope that now it is under the Carnival umbrella, a lot more North Americans will have the opportunity to come and cruise with us.

The other factor's have been capacity and age of ships down here,but now with 3 ships full time, it would be great to see all that change.

David.

I personally love the relaxed way of holidaying. When we look at holidaying we look at price but also the type of accomodation etc and standards.

As we have timeshare we get really good 4.5 star and sometimes 5 star when we go away and stay in our hotels which is great. We are pretty laid back people and love to be able to go out in something that we feel comfortable in and not to have to dress up everyday. I dont mind an occasional dressy do but for me I am more comfortable in my 3 quarter pants or my pretty gypsy skirts etc. I guess I grew up in a "low earning" home and we never did have much money etc so I feel blessed to be where I am today and even going on a cruise which in my mind is and will be 5 star all the way! Any holiday is a luxury especially when your on one wage.

I will add though I would love to be able to see the American ships one day and experience the greatness of their ships. I am sure they are magnificent and everything they work hard make them. I have a friend whos daughter is working on one as a dancer from Florida and she loves them. I am sure each and every ship has its purpose like us we all come from different life experieces and are after different events etc.

No doubt I can only comment for myself and will be able to comment more on the Pacific Sun after I have been on it in 13 days.

Truebliss,once you cruise you will be hooked! I have been several times and was quite content until I saw what was available out there.So I have been saving hard to go on my next dream cruise. Check out Voyager.com and have a look

Truebliss,once you cruise you will be hooked! I have been several times and was quite content until I saw what was available out there.So I have been saving hard to go on my next dream cruise. Check out Voyager.com and have a look

I was just looking at Voyager the Seas on the internet the other day and I have to say she is the most beautiful looking ship I've ever seen. When I first saw the Sapphire Princess I thought she was lovely but she has an ugly stern that really spoils her. I would love to go and look around some of those ships but I don't think I want to sail on any of them until the kids are off our hands. Somehow I think ships like the Sun, Sky & Star would be better for the kids (but I could be wrong). They would like the ice rink though (so would I).

Karen

I am a british pando visitor and must say it does mainly be australian based comments, why is this? I like the pando CC website, but also like a change, come on here - and no brits!

Sue - p.s. whats the weather like over there? Its dark cloudy and drizzly here, BUT AT LEAST WE DON'T GET HURRICANES! :) its summer soon for you isn't it?

Archived