Are we taking over this page !!!!

Kiwi Kruzer

I am a british pando visitor and must say it does mainly be australian based comments, why is this? I like the pando CC website, but also like a change, come on here - and no brits!

Sue - p.s. whats the weather like over there? Its dark cloudy and drizzly here, BUT AT LEAST WE DON'T GET HURRICANES! :) its summer soon for you isn't it?

Sue

The weather's great here in Sydney. It's going to be 32 deg today and we're still about 6 weeks away from summer. It gets a bit too hot at times. I just wish we could have some of your rain (lots of it actually).

Karen

Australia doesn't have hurricanes either :confused: We call them something else:rolleyes:

Anyway, I was reading the "Company profile and ship reviews" section at the start of this message board and there is not one mention of one of the Australian based ships. In fact, the whole review is about the British version.

New visitors to this site would be totally confused if they read all that and expected the Australian operation to be in any way similar. Officers sitting with single passengers at dinner indeed!

Maybe we are all on the wrong track here though and there is good a reason for the combined message board. B U T it is confusing for the inexperienced visitor.

Does the moderator have a thought on this? ... or maybe silence is golden :cool:

The weather's great here in Sydney. It's going to be 32 deg today ...
I'm not sure whether to be pleased or not that you've posted this! :) I've just finished throwing some clothes into a suitcase to come to Sydney tomorrow night, and I'm now going to have to throw a couple more T-shirts in, and my Tevas. I was hoping to get away without them, but I can't spend the week melting in spring clothes when it's summer already!

Seriously, thanks for the warning - I hadn't noticed the temperatures creeping up that high on the sites I was looking at.

Globalizer

Please bring some rain with you. It won't belong before we're not even allowed to have a shower due to water restrictions!

PS Hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm from the UK but I gotta tell you, I love living here.

Karen

I will do my best. I know how bad the situation has got over the last couple of years.

But there's no keeping me away! Three trips booked to Sydney between now and the beginning of February. And none of them for work. :D

Globaliser,must ask you,whats a Tevas?

Globalizer

Please bring some rain with you. It won't belong before we're not even allowed to have a shower due to water restrictions!

PS Hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm from the UK but I gotta tell you, I love living here.

Karen

There is plenty of rain in Queensland at the moment!!!!

Here is a pic of lightning striking a new residential block ay Surfers called Q1

558809922_Goldcoastlightning1.jpg.b2064d997132ccc2b066c24e2c1a1d59.jpg

There is plenty of rain in Queensland at the moment!!!!

Here is a pic of lightning striking a new residential block ay Surfers called Q1

The world's tallest residential building. I believe lightning struck it 7 times on that night. It has some special thingy on top of it to avoid damage though. It only just opened a week or so back as well.

Anyway the rain is good but it is not falling in the catchment areas yet, so we all still have a water problem.

Globalizer

Karen

weird my name is karon and i am also from the uk.

Arrived here in 79 and too love it

karon

I will do my best. I know how bad the situation has got over the last couple of years.

But there's no keeping me away! Three trips booked to Sydney between now and the beginning of February. And none of them for work. :D

Wow you are so lucky to travel so much.

Why dont you just stay here. All that long distance travelling must be hard. Can i ask why you come here if not for business or you can tell me to mind my own business.....

It was warm today in the 30s, that is C not F LOL

cheers karon(another ex pom)

Globaliser,must ask you,whats a Tevas?

i think tevas are some kind of sandal/shoe, but i could be mistaken. Definitely not an aussie word. Bit like thongs isnt it, means different things to different people.

karon

Why dont you just stay here. All that long distance travelling must be hard. Can i ask why you come here if not for business or you can tell me to mind my own business.....
Good friends - in fact, they're more like family really. I haven't seen them since before last Christmas because I've been too tied up at work, but I have a chance to do a quick run now, to come out for New Year's (spending Christmas with my partner at her family's in South Africa), and then coming out again to celebrate a big birthday.

In between, of course, I must try to make a living in order to keep my travel agent in business. :D

i think tevas are some kind of sandal/shoe, but i could be mistaken.
They are. Teva's main website, and the type of Tevas that I have.

They're great for "wet landings" in the Galapagos (and elsewhere), which is why I originally got mine. But they're also very comfortable for ordinary wear.

Archived