Two bedroom cabins to Alaska

ansoninc

I am a solo traveler and I have 2 friends who would like to cruise to Alaska with me next year. Having the "only child syndrome" the idea of 3 people in a balcony cabin gives me the thoughts of claustrophobia. I was thinking of a 2 bedroom suite or a really large 1 bedroom might be interesting. Considering the balcony cost of a solo balcony it might be the same for or less for my share of a suite. I would pick up the difference of their balcony cabin and the suite fares. Any suggestion on which cruise lines might have these type of suites. I will be elite on Princess by then.

Thank you.

Diana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might look at adjoining cabins that most ships have. There is a door that connects the two cabins usually just before the beds. There are not a lot of them so you should book early to get them.

Or, two balcony cabins next to each other. The partitions between the two balconies can be opened or removed. You would then share balconies but not cabins.

Even think about two adjoining balcony cabins?

Check with a TA or call princess and discuss all your options. They should be able to help you decide what will make you happy.

You do realize you will pay the cost for two by yourself in one cabin so a suite may not cost as much. for the three of you.

Look for 'Connecting Cabins'. On the deck plans they're usually clearly marked.

We've traveled as a triple many times on Princess in a Mini Suite, Full Suite and an aft facing balcony. Mom, Sis and I.

The suites had fold out sofas for the third, the Mini's sofa on our last cruise (Grand or Golden) was horrible. The mattress upper in the Golden's aft facing balcony was ticked with plastic price tag things. For both we needed toppers, never needed them for the regular mattresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For RCI's Royal Family suite, you would have to call on the phone to book...and they generally require a min. of 5 guests, unless no one has booked it early in the process.

I would simply look for 2 cabins nearby...assuming all are adults, there's not really a reason to have connecting cabins.