Robe on the Crown

BR47

Princess asked if I wanted robes available in our cabin. Is there a charge for robes?

No charge. They are available in all cabins. Even though you put the request in the booking there is a good chance they won't be in the cabin upon arrival.

Just ask Stewart and he/she will bring you a robe(s). ;)

We have enjoyed many Princess cruises (Platinum Level).

I have never found a robe to fit comfortably . I am a size 10 and 5'3"".

Forget about the fit for DH as he is 220 and 6'1".

So,we always pack our own lightweight robes.

If they are using larger sized robes,that is good news.

We are booked on the Regal this coming Fall.

I will check out the robes in our cabin ,but I will also pack our robes just in case

the fit is too small for us.

They are very light weight and used to be one size fits almost none [emoji33] There have been recent reports the they are now larger. That wasn't the case on the Pacific in December.

Same on CB last February...still small and very lightweight.

The robes are at no charge for your use on the ship. If there aren't robes in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward.

On a B2B2B on Emerald Princess in January we were given the new waffle robes midway during the cruise. Our cabin steward told us they were replacing the old ones.

The new ones were quite big. My husband wears a XXLarge. It was actually roomy on him. Really big on me and (5'3") so long it touched the floor.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

They are very light weight and used to be one size fits almost none [emoji33] There have been recent reports the they are now larger. That wasn't the case on the Pacific in December.

On the Crown in October 2015 and also in April we had the new waffle weave type of robe.

They easily extended to our calves, were quite loose & were very comfortable...not a skintight miniskirt like on some other Princess cruises. Apparently they were popular in the gift shop because they were soldout when I wanted to purchase one.

Haha, reminds me of what I tell my patients about hospital garments: They come in 2 sizes, small and way too small.:D

On a B2B2B on Emerald Princess in January we were given the new waffle robes midway during the cruise. Our cabin steward told us they were replacing the old ones.

LuLu

You should have asked your cabin steward for an old one to take home. They were only going to throw them out anyway. ;)

There is no charge. Someone said unless you take it home. Once you see it you won't want to. :eek:

Tony

Actually, the ones we had on our last cruise were nice new, white waffle robes. Just the kind someone MIGHT want as a souvenir. [emoji6]

With the Crown not scheduled to have the new Luxury beds until April 2018, maybe the Crown got the better robes first. :p

Years ago when the cabin robes were similar to the $90 luxury robes & were being replaced our cabin steward gave us freshly laundered robes on the last day to take home. :)

Princess asked if I wanted robes available in our cabin. Is there a charge for robes?

I have never paid for a robe on Princess for our past few cruises. i did about 2008 but they have changed their policy and waffle weave robe is so nice I own one for at home.

The robe is free of charge. Ours were Waffle Cotton. Not fuzzy but usable. I wouldn't bring one home because I wouldn't steal anything but they aren't the most luxurious anyway so I wouldn't buy one. Don't worry if you order one and it's not there the first day. They are in the laundry and take about 12-24 hr to appear. You may remind the steward.

I have cruised with princess several times but never taken the tour.Is it worth it? thanks

It was for us. I wear the robe often. A little heavy for the DW so I have a back-up ☺

Edited by Musky Ike

Is the robe we say yes to on the cruise personalizer included in the price, or is it extra?

No charge and available in all cabins. As stated........ Sometimes even though you add it in the personalizer its not in the cabin when you arrive. Just ask Stewart and he/she will bring them. :)

The robe is free of charge. Ours were Waffle Cotton. Not fuzzy but usable. I wouldn't bring one home because I wouldn't steal anything but they aren't the most luxurious anyway so I wouldn't buy one. Don't worry if you order one and it's not there the first day. They are in the laundry and take about 12-24 hr to appear. You may remind the steward.

When people say they are taking them home, they aren't stealing them.

The gift shop has both the Waffle and the Heavier Plush robes for sale to take home. :)