Summit - Aqua Class or Concierge Stateroom

clarkgriswold

Hi:

Planning a cruise on the Summit next spring and interested in feedback on the value of Aqua Class vs Concierge Class staterooms.

The Aqua comes with complimentary access to the Blu restaurant. Concierge includes priority embarkation & debarkation and priority seating in main dining room and specialty restaurants.

Anyone have thoughts on which is the better value?

Hi:

Planning a cruise on the Summit next spring and interested in feedback on the value of Aqua Class vs Concierge Class staterooms.

The Aqua comes with complimentary access to the Blu restaurant. Concierge includes priority embarkation & debarkation and priority seating in main dining room and specialty restaurants.

Aqua Class would be the better value, especially with Blu. Priority embarkation/debarkation is "much ado about nothing."

AQUA CLASS! No question. We are hooked because of Blu.

CC does not offer any perks worth an extra penny over a regular balcony stateroom for us.

This is why we are hooked:

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

Your question relates to value, but you don't mention the cost differential. If it's slight, and you want to experience Blu for yourself, go with Aqua. Personally, I like the cabin locations of the C2 and C1 categories better than most Aqua locations and wouldn't pay much of a premium. Blu seems to work for some people, but we found it to be nothing special. That's why they make vanilla and chocolate. Enjoy either way!

Concierge Class cabins on the Summit are larger than regular balcony cabins. So are the Aqua Class cabins (they were formerly Concierge Class, except for the new ones added to Deck 11). The rest of the "benefits" listed are mostly marketing fluff.

Blu is nice because it is smaller and quieter than the main dining room. But I would not pay a lot extra for it. So it all comes down to pricing.

Linda

Depending on stateroom location, the Aqua Class is $150 - $250 more expensive, per person than Concierge Class.

We agree with the embarkation / disembarkation perk.

We don't see anything, though, that says Aqua Class gets many of the same perks as Concierge. Did we miss something?

We always have gotten all the Concierge perks while in Aqua. There is a new perk for Concierge that I don't think Aqua gets:

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

We always have gotten all the Concierge perks while in Aqua. There is a new perk for Concierge that I don't think Aqua gets:

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

Is there a Lnk you could share that list the actual "perks?"

Thanks !

We don't see anything, though, that says Aqua Class gets many of the same perks as Concierge. Did we miss something?

Yes, you did miss something... ;-)

The list of AQ are perks additional to the CC perks.

In other words, you get the CC perks (with the exception of embarkation day lunch in MDR) PLUS the AQ perks.

150 - 250 $ is a no brainer...

Also, if you are a Captain´s Club member, you get the one category upgrade for free. Meaning you pay for A2 (probably the 150$) and get upgraded to A1 for free.

The A1 staterooms are on deck 11 aft. We loved the location (see South America review in my signature). The A2s are mostly beneith the overhang of the deck above... did not like that too much. However, it would not be a deal breaker.

Edited by Miaminice

Hi:

Another point that should be brought up is your access to Blu. If you are in an AQ cabin, Blu is your assigned restaurant, you do not have a seat assigned to you in the Main Dining Room. Also, Blu is totally anytime dining, you go when you want.

The only perk in Concierge that you don't get in Aqua of any value is the new one of an embarkation dinner.

Blu is a great option and as others have said, if there is not a big price difference, go for it.

As others have said both Aqua and Concierge have priority embarkation and disembarkation. Embarkation only means a separate line, sometime the regular lines are shorter. Disembarkation means only at the end of the cruise, not at ports. This means they will assign you to a room until it is time to leave.

No one on this board as far as I know have ever been able to figure out what priority seating in the Main Dining room or Specialties actually entails.

Edited by dkjretired

Another point that should be brought up is your access to Blu. If you are in an AQ cabin, Blu is your assigned restaurant, you do not have a seat assigned to you in the Main Dining Room. Also, Blu is totally anytime dining, you go when you want.

The only perk in Concierge that you don't get in Aqua of any value is the new one of an embarkation dinner.

Blu is a great option and as others have said, if there is not a big price difference, go for it.

As others have said both Aqua and Concierge have priority embarkation and disembarkation. Embarkation only means a separate line, sometime the regular lines are shorter. Disembarkation means only at the end of the cruise, not at ports. This means they will assign you to a room until it is time to leave.

No one on this board as far as I know have ever been able to figure out what priority seating in the Main Dining room or Specialties actually entails.

Should read embarkation lunch, not dinner, my mistake.

We'll find out about the concierge + perks for Aqua class in a while.......but I've been told that since the Aqua class list on the website does NOT say "in addition to Concierge class perks" that anything not on the list is not included. For example: the welcome champagne. This is one of the things that got us interested in Aqua....only to ask a Customer Service rep who repeated it. Then when our reservation was finalized I sent an email because I wanted it in writing.............didn't get an email, but had a call back and was clarified that "no---Aqua class bennies are only what are listed and nothing more". So if someone CAN find this in black and white I'd sure like to see it.........and print it out for our cruise!! ;)

OP--we are still doing Aqua.......but this was really confusing and appears to still be so!

Edited by thyme2go

We always get a welcome bottle of champagne in Aqua. We don't like champagne, so we always ask the cabin attendants to please switch it for a bottle of wine. They say they will try, but may not be able to do it.

So far, they have been able to make the switch even though it may take a day or two.

We've been trying to decide if we should stay in AQ for both legs of our back to back on the Summit in October.

We were in AQ A1 deck 11 starboard for the first half and C1 aft for the second half.

But today an A1 aft opened up on the second half and I jumped on it so now we're A1 all the way! .:D

All of your opinions here made it in easy decision, especially Miaminice with that video of menus and food. :p

We'll find out about the concierge + perks for Aqua class in a while.......but I've been told that since the Aqua class list on the website does NOT say "in addition to Concierge class perks" that anything not on the list is not included. For example: the welcome champagne. This is one of the things that got us interested in Aqua....only to ask a Customer Service rep who repeated it. Then when our reservation was finalized I sent an email because I wanted it in writing.............didn't get an email, but had a call back and was clarified that "no---Aqua class bennies are only what are listed and nothing more". So if someone CAN find this in black and white I'd sure like to see it.........and print it out for our cruise!! ;)

OP--we are still doing Aqua.......but this was really confusing and appears to still be so!

As Aqua you get all the same perks + Blu as Concierge (except the embarkation lunch in the MDR). We have no sailed three times Aqua class - always received the sparkling wine (last trip this past May on the Summit), love Blu and love the aft cabins on 11.

We'll find out about the concierge + perks for Aqua class in a while.......but I've been told that since the Aqua class list on the website does NOT say "in addition to Concierge class perks" that anything not on the list is not included.

The website (once again) is in deed quite confusing. I remember that it once read that the perks are additional to the CC perks - now it does not any more.

However, it also does not list the basic things on the AQ description any more... No champagne, no fruit, no daily canapes, no 5 points a night... and yet, all this still exists. At least on our cruise 4 weeks ago... :rolleyes:

I am just glad not everything with Celebrity is as bad as the website ;)

The website (once again) is in deed quite confusing. I remember that it once read that the perks are additional to the CC perks - now it does not any more.

However, it also does not list the basic things on the AQ description any more... No champagne, no fruit, no daily canapes, no 5 points a night... and yet, all this still exists. At least on our cruise 4 weeks ago... :rolleyes:

I am just glad not everything with Celebrity is as bad as the website ;)

Those are not web site problems, they are purposeful decisions by the cruise line.

Those are not web site problems, they are purposeful decisions by the cruise line.

I would tend to agree to your conspiracy theory if it was just one perk suddenly missing on the list (as happened to daily water bottles).

However, this is so obvious that it is prbably just one more error in the long line of false information on the website. Plus, some of the information is still there in other parts (5 points a night still listed in Captain's Club for example) AND all the missing perks are still given on all of the ships... Fruit, champagne, canapes, points etc. etc.

According to the list you would not even get the bathroom amenities any more...

No, I am sure it is just another example of X's examplary website management ;)

I would tend to agree to your conspiracy theory if it was just one perk suddenly missing on the list (as happened to daily water bottles).

However, this is so obvious that it is prbably just one more error in the long line of false information on the website. Plus, some of the information is still there in other parts (5 points a night still listed in Captain's Club for example) AND all the missing perks are still given on all of the ships... Fruit, champagne, canapes, points etc. etc.

According to the list you would not even get the bathroom amenities any more...

No, I am sure it is just another example of X's examplary website management ;)

Don't believe it's a conspiracy theory, about two years ago the wording on AQ cabins was removed which said AQ cabins get all CC benefits plus AQ benefits. No changes were made and then slowly a couple of things were removed. Also, if you go to the electronic brochures the wording was changed to receive most of the benefits. No question this was done on purpose.

Don't get me wrong, web site is horrible but this is not one of the reasons why.

Edited by dkjretired

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Dave from Canada is still the maitre de in the Blu restaurant? Sailing in November cant wait.

We sailed with Dave on the Summit last year but when we sailed the Constellation this year, he had moved over there.