PayPerView FIGHTS IN SPORTSBAR??

caddykid12

Does anyone know or have information if carnival allows the sports bar to show the PayPerView UFC fights?

Asked JH on fb but go no response. Going to be on the sunshine for UFC202 really would be dissapointed if I miss it.

As well as the fight this Saturday. Maybe people will know more?

To answer your question though no they won't. I heard people ask onboard and they said no. Also even the Internet package and buying it there won't let you watch it since they ban video streaming with their Internet.

Maybe if you downloaded tails, went through an onion site and used a VPN you could get it.

Your best bet would be to torrent it in port the next day and watch it back on board. That would also be 100% free. You will be on the water so why not get into a pirating spirit?

Does anyone know or have information if carnival allows the sports bar to show the PayPerView UFC fights?

Asked JH on fb but go no response. Going to be on the sunshine for UFC202 really would be dissapointed if I miss it.

Even if it was possible (which it isn't), I'm not sure how it would work. Who would be billed for it? Carnival? You, and then everyone else could watch it free? You might ask a friend or relative in your area if they would record it for you and then you could watch it and reimburse them when you get back.

Even if it was possible (which it isn't), I'm not sure how it would work. Who would be billed for it? Carnival? You, and then everyone else could watch it free? You might ask a friend or relative in your area if they would record it for you and then you could watch it and reimburse them when you get back.

Not that I'm interested in watching.... but it can be done and free if you know how. jus sayin.

How??? Inquiring minds want to know

If I told you I'd have to kill ya! lol

OK.... i have my own 4G internet on my phone (with 20GB of data included - more than enough) It wont work at sea but fine in port. I use the app as a stand alone or through Kodi.... it is HD picture quality.)

I have access to something called Ruya (google is your friend) - it will have nigh any PPV from the UK, US and much of Europe, Oz, NZ and a few more.

If we are at sea, I would just need to use the "catch up" Tv they also provide. (They have the past 28 days programming recorded and accessible.)

And of course if the TVs have inbuilt cast - I can display on the Plasma.

I did think someone would ask "how" :D

Edited by les37b

I don't think Carnival TVs have "inbuild cast" available. Maybe if you bring the right hookups aboard you can project onto one of the flat screens but I don't think all the slots are open.

So you'd be left with watch Yuuuggge guys on a tiny screen.:D

I don't think Carnival TVs have "inbuild cast" available. Maybe if you bring the right hookups aboard you can project onto one of the flat screens but I don't think all the slots are open.

So you'd be left with watch Yuuuggge guys on a tiny screen.:D

Just no pleasing some people! :p

PS... I doubt the HDMI ports are blocked physically - just a menu from the remote for setup to access and voila.... :D

Of course I would never condone bypassing Carnival blocks.... Though I really dont get why they have. Ho hum.... Anyone know the make and model of the sets in the rooms? :D

Edited by les37b

Again. It's much simpler and you don't have to use your phones data or ships wifi(which can be pricey).

On Sunday morning go into port with a laptop/tablet/phone.

Before leaving for the cruise download something called Utorrent(very self explanatory program once installed).

Now to make sure it all works go to torrentz.eu and search your favorite movie, show, fight, album, anything. Click on a link

Click download

About 7 seconds to 30 minutes later you will now own whatever kind of media you want for free (thanks to your Internet friends sharing it with you)

Right click the file in utorrent and click stop.

Right click again and click open file..

Now open the largest file probably an avi or some vid file.

It is now playing on your device.

It looks like a lot of steps but it really isn't. Just bring your device to a bar with WiFi and you should be out of there within 30 mins.

Your cost will be a beer at the bar.

Also bring some vga/dvi/hdmi-hdmi/rca cables. This is if you bring a laptop and you will know what cable before by just looking at laptop output.

I do not condone or endorse this message. This was simply written for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to be a guide on how to acquire any form of media you want for free. We cruise for fun and not to be pirates.

I would cancel my cruise if it meant missing UFC 202 :)

who said CCL blocks streaming? The fact is the speed is not fast enough to stream I have Slingbox which hooks up directly to my Directv box. I can watch any programming I oay for at home, including, DVR functions.

Carnival won't do PPV's because they are not cost effective. Bars have to pay for these PPV's based on their max occupancy, it's not like they can pay $60 and show it to everybody. I imagine them ordering it and saying they have 3500 people that could watch it might cost a pretty penny. So you're out of luck on this one.

Carnival won't do PPV's because they are not cost effective. Bars have to pay for these PPV's based on their max occupancy, it's not like they can pay $60 and show it to everybody. I imagine them ordering it and saying they have 3500 people that could watch it might cost a pretty penny. So you're out of luck on this one.

Another good point why Carnival won't air it. Wing house does because they get huge boosts in sales all night, Carnival gains would be hardly anything.

This has turned more to getting it yourself onboard, which is also impossible unless you wait a day and download in port and avoid spoilers.

Carl,

If you think that, you're in a direr need of a plate of Top's chopped and pint of High Cotton's Sorachi Red than I am. :)

If I could still drink beer I would go with their Scotch Ale or the Oktoberfest which should be back in a couple of months.

Wiseacre makes the better IPA with their Ananda.

However this time of year (heat index was like 116 today) calls for a good lawnmower beer like Ghost River Golden Ale. :)

As far as the Q, I would go Central for pulled pork, Tom's for rib tips, and Rendezvous for dry ribs. :)

That's what the S&S card is for. Just swipe away with no worries I'll pay the 3500$ lol

Wasn't sure why it wouldn't be cost effective if the bars max capacity is 68. That's why I thought there was a chance

And yes I do want DIAZ to win not MG