Love and Marriage

Do they still do the Love and Marriage game show on the Allure Eastern? Which night is it (trying to to schedule anything at the same time). Tried searching and finally gave up!

Thanks

Yes, they still do Love & Marriage.

Here is a link to a recent set of Cruise Compasses. You can find the schedule there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49569950#post49569950

Edited by clarea

Do they still do the Love and Marriage game show on the Allure Eastern? Which night is it (trying to to schedule anything at the same time). Tried searching and finally gave up!

Thanks

i've done it on Allure twice on eastern, 2011 and 2013, I did it recently on Oasis Eastern

lm1.jpg

I think it was Wednesday night on Oasis, which would be Thursday on Allure. But dont' worry, this event is run by the CD, and it doesn't conflict with any other major event or show, and its after most dinners.

We were on the L & M for our 56 anniv. & are sailing on 60th in April, would it be in bad taste to try & get on again?? Are the questions the same or do they change them?? At my age I cant remember what they were anyway. LOL

george35

We were on the L & M for our 56 anniv. & are sailing on 60th in April, would it be in bad taste to try & get on again?? Are the questions the same or do they change them?? At my age I cant remember what they were anyway. LOL

george35

The majority of the questions are the same, with the occasional new one. We have stopped going since there are so many people who have played it so many times and are too rehearsed. We just watch it in the cabin on the tv while we are getting ready for dinner.

They won't stop you for trying to play it more than once, give it a try if it is something you are interested in.:)

Were you a contestant on it? ;)

Yes....we were on Her Majesty with Mitch Merrucci as CD. We were up in the balcony but no one with more years being married in the lower bowl area wanted to play....so he said, if we were willing to play he would wait for us to come down....so I looked at my husband and said...."Let's play" so we did.....and we won!.

It was a fabulous experience and then he was on board again the following year when we sailed on Her Majesty again. Now we look forward to being on a sailing some day with Mitch again -- I know it will be on a different ship....and that is good too.

Yes....we were on Her Majesty with Mitch Merrucci as CD. We were up in the balcony but no one with more years being married in the lower bowl area wanted to play....so he said, if we were willing to play he would wait for us to come down....so I looked at my husband and said...."Let's play" so we did.....and we won!.

It was a fabulous experience and then he was on board again the following year when we sailed on Her Majesty again. Now we look forward to being on a sailing some day with Mitch again -- I know it will be on a different ship....and that is good too.

Cool story! :)

Cool story! :)

Every time someone brings up in the CD thread, why does any one care who the CD is on a particular cruise.....I am reminded of the fun we had with Mitch and the relationship we have built with him over the past few years.

I hope we have an opportunity to sail with him again. We right now don't have the luxury of purposely finding a sailing on a ship that he is on, since he isn't sailing from S.Florida or even Baltimore right now.

The majority of the questions are the same, with the occasional new one. We have stopped going since there are so many people who have played it so many times and are too rehearsed. We just watch it in the cabin on the tv while we are getting ready for dinner.

They won't stop you for trying to play it more than once, give it a try if it is something you are interested in.:)

Different CD's have different questions, and even if you have been on a sailing with the same CD, you will find they are always putting in a new question or two. Keeps it more interesting, especially with the amount of repeat cruisers.

Different CD's have different questions, and even if you have been on a sailing with the same CD, you will find they are always putting in a new question or two. Keeps it more interesting, especially with the amount of repeat cruisers.

As I said before, we have stopped going because the majority of the questions are the same, with an occasional new one thrown in. The same people play it over and over, making it not enjoyable to us. If you like it, go watch it, we choose not to go since it is boring.

george35

Go for it, at 60 years you deserve it!:)

On Anthem they did L&M the last night at 10:30 so if you weren't in the audience you weren't seeing it in TV. Took forever to get started. Picking of couple was boring. Too many drunks tried to get on stage. After the CD worked it all out and show started it was great. Somehow the people he picked were just so naturally funny it worked out. Our best couple was the 60 years married couple. Others couples were good but by the end we were out of our seats when they got the bonus question correct. Everyone got a prize since they "didn't keep score".