Are Some Port Fees Included in Cruise/Journey Fare?

MUD

I wanted to transfer a booking to an online agency to get a 10% discount. The fare is $3,799 pp and the Est Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are an additional $632pp. The online agency said that $800 in port fees are part of the $3,799. The 10% discount would only then apply to $2,999. Does this sound correct? I thought that all port charges were in the Est Taxes, fees and Port Expenses.

Does anyone know the answer?

I wanted to transfer a booking to an online agency to get a 10% discount. The fare is $3,799 pp and the Est Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses are an additional $632pp. The online agency said that $800 in port fees are part of the $3,799. The 10% discount would only then apply to $2,999. Does this sound correct? I thought that all port charges were in the Est Taxes, fees and Port Expenses.

The answer is not that important and I don't know what the real answer is BUT what I do know is that "it's the bottom line that counts" ;)

Never have seen any port fees in the cruise fare. Port fees and taxes are a separate charge . They can change . I've never normally seen $1432 in port fees on a $3000 cruise.

Panama Canal transit fees are always included in the fare .

Probably something called Non-Commissionable Fees (NCF). It's a portion of the fare that the travel agent won't receive a % fee for the booking. It's very confusing and the best definition I've seen for NCF is "anything the cruise line wants". It serves to limit the commission paid and your discount.

Suggest you google for more information.

Probably something called Non-Commissionable Fees (NCF). It's a portion of the fare that the travel agent won't receive a % fee for the booking. It's very confusing and the best definition I've seen for NCF is "anything the cruise line wants". It serves to limit the commission paid and your discount.

Suggest you google for more information.

I believe this is correct. I have a booking with a travel agent where est taxes, fees, and port expenses are listed as one amount and a "port tax" is listed as another amount. I asked the TA if the port tax was the non-commissionable part of the total cruise fare, and she hemmed and hawed and did not answer the question.

I believe this is correct. I have a booking with a travel agent where est taxes, fees, and port expenses are listed as one amount and a "port tax" is listed as another amount. I asked the TA if the port tax was the non-commissionable part of the total cruise fare, and she hemmed and hawed and did not answer the question.

I use two travel agents. One lists a NCF. One does not. Both discount. Fares are, after discount, very close to each other.

HAL told me in writing it was "Port Charges" but wouldn't say what the difference was from "Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses."

At least you are only loosing the discount. There are some agencies that add it on as an extra charge, usually in a confusing manner associated with a cruise certificate or vacation club type package.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that the price for the cruise that HAL shows on the web site and my billing included some non-commissionable fees. TA's must deduct theses from the price to determine what their commission will be and then can offer, as mine did, to give me 10 percent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HAL pays commission on their net cost, i.e. fare less port fees and cost for promotions like Explore 4, etc.