Scenic Jewels of Europe - Wurzburg/Rothenburg

HenrysAunt

Hoping someone who has done a Scenic cruise can help me here. Do we get to see both Wurzburg AND Rothenburg, or is it one or the other? Seems a difficult choice if it is only one of them! Thank you in advance. No doubt I'll be asking more questions as we are off 21 Sept. Cant wait.

We could have done both last November on Avalon, but since we had been to Rothenburg Au Tabler before on our own, I had no desire to take a bus ride an hour each way. We did the Bishops palace that was saved by the Monuments men, and then went shopping eating and drinking around Wurzburg. Both are very nice.

JC

Looking at the brochure and on line it's all in one day the two places are only about 22 miles apart. Although we have done Budapest to Nuremberg before our first Scenic cruise we may do the Jewels of Europe next year which will be our 6th Scenic cruise.

We could have done both last November on Avalon, but since we had been to Rothenburg Au Tabler before on our own, I had no desire to take a bus ride an hour each way. We did the Bishops palace that was saved by the Monuments men, and then went shopping eating and drinking around Wurzburg. Both are very nice.

JC

I don't mind the travel at all. I figure I'm there to see as much as possible. :)

Looking at the brochure and on line it's all in one day the two places are only about 22 miles apart. Although we have done Budapest to Nuremberg before our first Scenic cruise we may do the Jewels of Europe next year which will be our 6th Scenic cruise.

That's how I read it too. :) This will be my first cruise, but already plotting for the second!