Just back from Jewel Aegean itinerary - Any questions?

OK, I found my Compass. This is what is says: "You can enjoy 3, 4 or 5 dinners in any of our specialty restaurants for a very convenient price with our Specialty Dinner Packages. Packages start at $70 and are limited"

We might try Giovanni's too then, people are saying is very good. Were the menus still the same in the mdr? Thanks

OK, I found my Compass. This is what is says: "You can enjoy 3, 4 or 5 dinners in any of our specialty restaurants for a very convenient price with our Specialty Dinner Packages. Packages start at $70 and are limited"

Isn't this the same price if you purchased on the RC website pre-cruise?

Isn't this the same price if you purchased on the RC website pre-cruise?

Yes, same price, though there is no guarantee that the dining packages will be offered on board.

How does tendering work on jewel? You first go get a ticket for a boat number, then wait untill that boat arrives? Do you have to wait down there or can you leave and come back later closer to arrival of that boat?

How does tendering work on jewel? You first go get a ticket for a boat number, then wait untill that boat arrives? Do you have to wait down there or can you leave and come back later closer to arrival of that boat?

Normally when tender tickets are used, you wait anywhere except on the deck 2 stairway and go down when your tender ticket number is called almost like being called for disembarkation at end of cruise.

Normally when tender tickets are used, you wait anywhere except on the deck 2 stairway and go down when your tender ticket number is called almost like being called for disembarkation at end of cruise.

ok, thanks. So 1 person pr stateroom just queue up on deck 2 first for tender tickets, or is that elsewhere?

Sorry for using this thread for this, but kinda jewel releated. :)

Correct, it is Vintages now. Sorry, I do not know whether or not they serve tapas.[/Quote]

Thank you for your reply - I was only asking as Seaview cafe is no more, so I was wondering if there was another place where you could get lunch or a light dinner as windjammer is going to be well "jammed" with people and would be nice to eat somewhere else (I know about the Solarium cafe, but also know there's not a great deal there other than pizza or sandwiches).

Also, hi Karen! Just noticed you had replied to this thread too. Hope you're well. I'll be on the Jewel in 48 days so trying to get a little info on it before we go - excited!

Thank you for your reply - I was only asking as Seaview cafe is no more, so I was wondering if there was another place where you could get lunch or a light dinner as windjammer is going to be well "jammed" with people and would be nice to eat somewhere else (I know about the Solarium cafe, but also know there's not a great deal there other than pizza or sandwiches).

Also, hi Karen! Just noticed you had replied to this thread too. Hope you're well. I'll be on the Jewel in 48 days so trying to get a little info on it before we go - excited!

Is there something specific you wish to find out? We're cruising on July 24th, happy to assist, just let me know. I am not planning on any live cruising, but I have ordered VOOm, so I will be able to check on things.

Is there something specific you wish to find out? We're cruising on July 24th, happy to assist, just let me know. I am not planning on any live cruising, but I have ordered VOOm, so I will be able to check on things.

If you have time can you confirm the prices of the drinks packages on board that would be great (so I can check what the select to premium ugrade is). And if you happen to pass the new cabins on deck 4 (old private dining next to MDR) and you get a look in the cabin can you see how they are configured (bed running from wall or window). thanks:)

Very interested how the internet is. Are you buying surf or surf and stream? thanks and happy cruising..

If you have time can you confirm the prices of the drinks packages on board that would be great (so I can check what the select to premium ugrade is). And if you happen to pass the new cabins on deck 4 (old private dining next to MDR) and you get a look in the cabin can you see how they are configured (bed running from wall or window). thanks:)

Ok, I'll check drinks packages's prices. Not sure about the cabins but I will try my utmost.

Very interested how the internet is. Are you buying surf or surf and stream? thanks and happy cruising..

Just basic Surf since I dont think videos or face time is important for me. I am curious myself, too. I believe they have just decided to call the wifi as "voom" and I will be complaining LOUD since they have sold it to me as high speed!

ok, thanks. So 1 person pr stateroom just queue up on deck 2 first for tender tickets, or is that elsewhere?

Sorry for using this thread for this, but kinda jewel releated. :)

You don't pick up tender tickets on deck 2. They will make an announcement detailing the pick up point. One member of the party collects tickets for everyone and then you wait until your number is called. Many, many people starting queuing long before the desk opened at 12.15 and proceeded to block the stairways so when your number was called, it was necessary to push past to get down to deck 2. The staff tried to keep some kind of order but some people, who do not have a culture where standing in line is the norm, would not cooperate.

Ok, I'll check drinks packages's prices. Not sure about the cabins but I will try my utmost.

Just basic Surf since I dont think videos or face time is important for me. I am curious myself, too. I believe they have just decided to call the wifi as "voom" and I will be complaining LOUD since they have sold it to me as high speed!

I have heard that too about renaming everything Voom. On the older ships that haven't had time in dry dock for the new equipment not really sure which of the older ships have the new fast internet and no one at Royal on the phone really knows as they are reading off a prepared "script".

Hi cloud nine, all well here, hope you are too, very envious of your trip in 48 days :D

Correct, it is Vintages now. Sorry, I do not know whether or not they serve tapas.

Now that the champagne bar is vintages, is there a cocktail bar elsewhere? We like to have a cocktail before we go into dinner :)

Now that the champagne bar is vintages, is there a cocktail bar elsewhere? We like to have a cocktail before we go into dinner :)

Tons of bars for pre dinner drinks!

VOOM was installed in the redo. We used to just internet non streaming one for the transatlantic and the one after. Not as high speed as home but hands down better than before. We were rarely if any times kicked off and were able to do Internet and Skype so I was happy!!

Tons of bars for pre dinner drinks!

VOOM was installed in the redo. We used to just internet non streaming one for the transatlantic and the one after. Not as high speed as home but hands down better than before. We were rarely if any times kicked off and were able to do Internet and Skype so I was happy!!

were you able to Skype on the "surf" package or did you buy the "surf and stream'"?

did you happen to notice what the cost of the drinks packages were-I am looking to upgrade to the premium from the select but I have seen some threads saying it was costing $20 plus to do this.

Sorry, I don't have the exact prices. The Compass said "Upgrade your drink package from $10 per day", but "from $10" doesn't really set the upper limit.

Morning Jacqueline. We are back next May on the Rhapsody and decided to wait and see Ephesus then. It may be cooler slightly earlier in the year. Would you share the name of your tour company as it sounds like a great tour. By the way we were on tender 16 in Santorini and didn't dare take the boat to Oia. Fortunately, again the Rhapsody calls there and has a full day in port. Cheers, Elaine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Elaine, sorry we missed one another! The RULES of the board state that we are not allowed to recommend a tour operator outright, but we are allowed to respond to a request for information. So, since you asked :), we used EKOL Travel. We could not have imagined a better excursion. They offer several packages, so you can include the Virgin Mary`s house in a different package, if you were interested. We booked the shared tour, but it ended up being private as no others booked. The guide Oscar did not seem to mind and was a complete professional. Even though he must have done this tour hundreds (thousands?) of times, his presentation was fresh and he seemed truly enjoy it. Definitely top notch.