EZAir-No place to enter known traveler ID?

Nhsaltshaker

Hi everyone,

I just tried to book EZAir online for my Alaska cruise tour and I have found no place to enter my Known Traveler number. ( I have Global Entry )

Through past experience, if I didn't give the number while booking a flight I couldn't get TSA Precheck.

Have things changed?

I would suggest two alternatives.

List your GOES number with all your airline frequent flyer accounts. I had to add mine to American and Southwest. Your boarding pass SHOULD reflect TSA Pre-Check when issued, based upon information in the airline's database.

However, a simple call to Princess is a good idea. I've had very good luck calling first thing the morning, before customer service gets frazzled.

GOES worked like a charm when I returned through Terminal #4 at Ft. Lauderdale. Self debarked and had a limo waiting. Used Luggage Valet so I had no bags when debarking. There was a special line for GOES and only one person in the line. Zipped right through. Best money I ever spent!

After booking with EZAir, I was able to go to the airline's web site, enter the confirmation code, and then enter all other pertinent information. Can't say that the pre-check will happen, but it did take the numbers, allow us to get the seats we wanted, etc.

After booking with EZAir' date=' I was able to go to the airline's web site, enter the confirmation code, and then enter all other pertinent information. Can't say that the pre-check will happen, but it did take the numbers, allow us to get the seats we wanted, etc.[/quote']

Thats exactly what we did recently and it worked perfectly for United airlines...also great advice from other poster who included the TSA information on all his frequently used airlines...

After booking with EZAir' date=' I was able to go to the airline's web site, enter the confirmation code, and then enter all other pertinent information. Can't say that the pre-check will happen, but it did take the numbers, allow us to get the seats we wanted, etc.[/quote']I can confirm that your Known Traveler number needs to be entered on the airline's website. We did it for RT flight to Europe on American a few weeks ago and again for flights this fall. TSA Pre✓ was printed on all boarding passes, although it carries no weight when boarding in Barcelona, and Global Entry took all of 2 minutes for each of us when we returned.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Hi everyone,

I just tried to book EZAir online for my Alaska cruise tour and I have found no place to enter my Known Traveler number. ( I have Global Entry )

Through past experience, if I didn't give the number while booking a flight I couldn't get TSA Precheck.

Have things changed?

There is no way to do that on the Princess site.........

If they are a participating airline.

Once you receive your record locator # log into that airlines website and update your info.

You can always call the airlines directly and have them add it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The minute you purchase Princess EZ Air does not mean you can go to the airlines web site to see your flight. You must wait till Princess actually tickets your air. Depending on when you cruise is it could be a few days after you book your EZ Air or it could be a few weeks later. It will also depend on if you purchase Restricted they are normally ticketed fairly quick but if you chose Flexible Fares it could be a matter of 4 or 5 weeks prior to your cruise. You cannot add your Known Passenger number/Global Entry number until Princess tickets the air and you can then go to the Airline web site to add the Known Traveler number.

The minute you purchase Princess EZ Air does not mean you can go to the airlines web site to see your flight. You must wait till Princess actually tickets your air. Depending on when you cruise is it could be a few days after you book your EZ Air or it could be a few weeks later. It will also depend on if you purchase Restricted they are normally ticketed fairly quick but if you chose Flexible Fares it could be a matter of 4 or 5 weeks prior to your cruise. You cannot add your Known Passenger number/Global Entry number until Princess tickets the air and you can then go to the Airline web site to add the Known Traveler number.

My experience has been different than this. This is my first EZ air after 33 cruises, and I was skeptical because of what I have read here on CC. I have an EZ air flexible booking made a couple months ago for a cruise in March. I am booked on United airlines. I was immediately able to easily find my booking on the United website. I made seat selection at that time, no problem at all. I have even been able to rebook it as the fare had been reduced. I check on it every once in a while. I just can not choose to upgrade to Economy Plus if I want to until it has actually been ticketed. I just went into the United website and if I had it (my interview is in August) I could add my KTN# right now. My main issue with EZ air now is that we can not ask to have the air ticketed separately from the cruise. I am not ready to prepay the cruise in full at this moment, or I would do the air ticketing now.

Thanks for all your replies.

Here's what I did.

I figured out what flights I might take (flexible was cheaper) on the Princess website. Then I went to the individual airline sites and enrolled in their frequent flier mileage plan and entered whatever personal information I could, including the Known Traveler Number.

At that point, I was issued a frequent flier card with number for both airlines I am planning to fly.

When Princess opened up their phones again, I called and requested the flights. I requested they use my KT# and was put on hold while they called their airline dept.

They told me my KT# was already in the system, which tells me they either pulled it from my passport, or, from the airlines. Either way, I'm a happy camper.

It does appear, like other poster's said, that you can add that information directly to the airline's website after the fact. Which answers my question...things have changed since I last booked a flight. :)

Thanks again for all your help! Oh! I was also able to 'request' seats...even though they are never guaranteed.

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

Thanks for all your replies.

Here's what I did.

I figured out what flights I might take (flexible was cheaper) on the Princess website. Then I went to the individual airline sites and enrolled in their frequent flier mileage plan and entered whatever personal information I could, including the Known Traveler Number.

At that point, I was issued a frequent flier card with number for both airlines I am planning to fly.

When Princess opened up their phones again, I called and requested the flights. I requested they use my KT# and was put on hold while they called their airline dept.

They told me my KT# was already in the system, which tells me they either pulled it from my passport, or, from the airlines. Either way, I'm a happy camper.

It does appear, like other poster's said, that you can add that information directly to the airline's website after the fact. Which answers my question...things have changed since I last booked a flight. :)

Thanks again for all your help! Oh! I was also able to 'request' seats...even though they are never guaranteed.

Good deal.

I would think they got the KTN from the airline records after you entered it.

This is NOT true....at least on Delta Airlines when booked with EZ air. Immediately after we booked our Flexible Fare tickets with EZ air and had a confirmation number.....not a ticket number, we were able to go into Delta's site and see our reservation. We were able to pick seats and input our Known Passenger Number right away. This was about 8 months out from when the flight left. Recently on another cruise we booked for February of 2017, we also booked through EZ air and the same thing happened. We were able to see our reservation on the Delta site immediately as well as have all our information applied to the reservation. Since then that EZ reservation was cancelled by us with no issues whatsoever.

Do not wait until Princess tickets your reservations to pick out your seats and input your information. If your airlines allows you to access the booking...do it right away.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

This is NOT true....at least on Delta Airlines when booked with EZ air. Immediately after we booked our Flexible Fare tickets with EZ air and had a confirmation number.....not a ticket number, we were able to go into Delta's site and see our reservation. We were able to pick seats and input our Known Passenger Number right away. This was about 8 months out from when the flight left. Recently on another cruise we booked for February of 2017, we also booked through EZ air and the same thing happened. We were able to see our reservation on the Delta site immediately as well as have all our information applied to the reservation. Since then that EZ reservation was cancelled by us with no issues whatsoever.

Do not wait until Princess tickets your reservations to pick out your seats and input your information. If your airlines allows you to access the booking...do it right away.

It really depends on the Airline which I thought I mentioned. Princess and Delta have a good working relationship and Princess has it set up where you can select seats on EZ Air many months out. Sometime you can see your tickets and sometime NOT. I know of several instances where reservations were not always showing on the airline website. It just depends on the airline and Princess. Some Airlines will NOT allow the seats to be selected till Princess tickets the air and some airlines such as Swiss Air and many other European airlines will not even allow Princess to get seats for you, they make you go to their web site to pay a fee to purchase seat assignments.

I have used EZair on American and United. After booking the flights on Princess, I have gone to the airline and could see my reservation. On the airline website I picked seats and entered my GOES number. I have been a frequent flier of both airlines for many years. I also set it up so that the airline would notify me of any changes in flight numbers and times. In addition I set up messaging the day of the flight as to when the flight will leave and the gate number so I will know if there are any delays.