anthem -boy who was saved from drowning

There is another thread already running

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373675

in which this was said:

Just off the anthem. Captain Erik announced that the family was requesting privacy and we would receive no updates but to keep in thoughts and prayers. All week long all the pools had a rcl person standing over not sure if that is going to be protocol going forward

I always wonder why people think there will be an update, when the family has asked for privacy. So, unless someone is hanging out at the hospital the child is at......

Sigh.

JC

And you assume the op knew the family asked for privacy and would not be releasing updates.

And you assume the op knew the family asked for privacy and would not be releasing updates.

One would assume that such an event is NO ONE ELSE'S business outside of the family and morbid curiosity is just in poor taste.

I understand it would otherwise be none of our business, as a private family matter. However, I am trying to reconcile that with the family's request for "thoughts and prayers". :confused:

How would you know what to pray for if you don't know the condition of the child? It certainly wouldn't make sense to continue praying for the child's recovery if they had since passed away (instead, one could pray for the child's soul to be at peace, etc.).

I think that if you are requesting the public to keep the family in their thoughts and prayers, the public is entitled to know the minimum, which is whether the child is alive or not. Does that not make sense?

Regardless, it's a sad story -- doesn't matter how it happened, but it happened. No need to assign blame. :(

This child did not survive. The family donated his organs. Many will live because one died and because of this family's strength. Yes it is all true. God bless them all

Oh no, I had no idea. I couldn't find any updates. :( My heart breaks for the family.

This child did not survive. The family donated his organs. Many will live because one died and because of this family's strength. Yes it is all true....

Oh no, I had no idea. I couldn't find any updates. :( My heart breaks for the family.

I cannot find any updates more recent that July 1. I checked many online New Jersey and New York news outlets and nothing has been mentioned about the boy passing. This is how rumors get started, and again marbat105, I respectfully ask you to quote your source and give a link to that source.

This child did not survive. The family donated his organs. Many will live because one died and because of this family's strength. Yes it is all true. God bless them all

With him being on life support for so relatively long...I really question if that was possible.

I'm sadly dealing with a situation with a friend that has caused me to learn that very few donors actually are able to donate organs, because the life-saving procedures done to them generally make the organs not donatable. (coming directly from the organ donation team that her mom called in several days ago "just in case")

That might sound nitpicky, but because of this current situation I'm mourning I really doubt this "update".

One would assume that such an event is NO ONE ELSE'S business outside of the family and morbid curiosity is just in poor taste.

It's no ones business yet you felt the need to click and read this this thread. :rolleyes:

It's human natural to wonder if he survived. It's no different then watching the news and getting updates on anything else going on in the world.

How many people watched the news to see if the death count went up from the pulse shooting? Are they horrible people because they wanted to know? Of course not. And how many waited to hear news of the baby attacked by the alligator at Disney?

It is in no way poor taste to want to hear good news that he survived.

Edited by BeachChik

I understand it would otherwise be none of our business, as a private family matter. However, I am trying to reconcile that with the family's request for "thoughts and prayers". :confused:

How would you know what to pray for if you don't know the condition of the child? It certainly wouldn't make sense to continue praying for the child's recovery if they had since passed away (instead, one could pray for the child's soul to be at peace, etc.).

I think that if you are requesting the public to keep the family in their thoughts and prayers, the public is entitled to know the minimum, which is whether the child is alive or not. Does that not make sense?

Regardless, it's a sad story -- doesn't matter how it happened, but it happened. No need to assign blame. :(

That has been attributed to the captain. Who is asked a question that he has to give an answer to, when he can't actually answer the question. I.E. Polite conversation.

JC

God bless the family for donating any organs at all. I myself had a bilateral Lung transplant (both lungs) in 2009 and am a happy, healthy and contributing member of society today because of some loving family's willingness to donate their loved ones organs.

Organ donation takes courage and is the most loving act a family can do. Many lives can be made possible by the death of someone's loved one but it takes incredible courage to agree to donate the organs and it is asked at the worst possible moment.

God bless that family for having the love and courage to make that most difficult of decisions.

I cannot find any updates more recent that July 1. I checked many online New Jersey and New York news outlets and nothing has been mentioned about the boy passing. This is how rumors get started, and again marbat105, I respectfully ask you to quote your source and give a link to that source.

It is not a rumor and I posted it so people could pray and/or offer good thoughts, whatever is your custom, for this family as I feel it could have happened to anyone and is beyond horror. I cannot give you a source. My work gave me access to this information. Please try to not beat me up for this. There seemed to alot of concern and the sharing of this information was done with good intentions.

Edited by marbat105

I disagree 100%. When someone asks for prayers, have you not heard of "unspoken prayer requests"? Just pray for the family, that's all. YOU don't need to know specifics...GOD knows what the need is and rally's along those prayers. HE is the healer of all things and doesn't need to be "told specifics" from those prayers. Just pray....that's all it takes! God's will is infinite. It's always best to just be still and pray for HIS will, not ours. :)

Prayer does wonderful and amazing things.

Edited by MrsKC08

It is not a rumor and I posted it so people could pray and/or offer good thoughts, whatever is your custom, for this family as I feel it could have happened to anyone and is beyond horror. I cannot give you a source. My work gave me access to this information. Please try to not beat me up for this. There seemed to alot of concern and the sharing of this information was done with good intentions.

If that is in fact the case I feel so badly for that family. Having a child pass away has to be one of the worst things to experience. I honestly don't know how a parent moves forward from it. But if they did donate organs that is amazing given the grief they must be feeling.

I disagree 100%. When someone asks for prayers, have you not heard of "unspoken prayer requests"? Just pray for the family, that's all. YOU don't need to know specifics...GOD knows what the need is and rally's along those prayers. HE is the healer of all things and doesn't need to be "told specifics" from those prayers. Just pray....that's all it takes! God's will is infinite. It's always best to just be still and pray for HIS will, not ours. :)

Prayer does wonderful and amazing things.

The only thing I'm going to say in response is that not everyone believes what you believe.