AARP Gift Cards

mabones

When the gift cards are delivered, there will be a small strip of glossy paper that has a code - input that code on the rewards for good site and get 1,000 points that will help replenish your account total.

Easy to overlook, so heads up!

When the gift cards are delivered, there will be a small strip of glossy paper that has a code - input that code on the rewards for good site and get 1,000 points that will help replenish your account total.

Wow, I've been tossing this every time! Thanks for the heads up!!!

ETA: recycling of course, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LMBB

Just an FYI. The Carnival Gift Cards are available now on AARP Rewards for Good. This will also mean that they should be available on Verizon Wireless.

Thanks! I got 2 - hope they will be here in time for my cruise in 2 weeks - but if not, guess I'll use on the next one :D

What do you need points for?

To buy more gift cards! Don't forget to check the bottom of the e-mails from Rewards for Good (typically about three per week) for promo codes as well.

I don't really know how the cards work. You have to have points to buy them?

Cruises42, yes, you do have to have points to buy gift cards or merchandise through AARP's Rewards for Good. By signing up for the program, you get points to start. You get a bonus for logging in each day. You get points for completing activities (generally educational-type quizzes) on the Rewards for Good site.

For example, a $100 Carnival gift card is $90 plus 1000 points. I bought a $10 Walmart gift card for $5 plus 500 points today. Typically a point is representative of $0.01 in value.

Promo codes are essentially free points, and can be found in Rewards for Good newsletters, and in inserts when you receive shipments of larger value gift cards (like the $500 Carnival Gift Card).

Cruises42, yes, you do have to have points to buy gift cards or merchandise through AARP's Rewards for Good. By signing up for the program, you get points to start. You get a bonus for logging in each day. You get points for completing activities (generally educational-type quizzes) on the Rewards for Good site.

For example, a $100 Carnival gift card is $90 plus 1000 points. I bought a $10 Walmart gift card for $5 plus 500 points today. Typically a point is representative of $0.01 in value.

Promo codes are essentially free points, and can be found in Rewards for Good newsletters, and in inserts when you receive shipments of larger value gift cards (like the $500 Carnival Gift Card).

Thanks for the information!