Best time for Allure or Oasis

Haven't sailed on RCCL for some time. I want to take my 86 yr old mom on Allure or Oasis while she can still travel. I think she'd like the ship no matter the destination because of the shows etc.

however, I thought the prices would drop more because they are no longer the biggest etc etc. they haven't seem to come down much. I'm on a tight tight budget. Can anybody tell me when is the best time to get a good deal on one of those ships?

I appreciate your help very much

I think back on when Freedom was the largest cruise ship until Oasis in 2008 and Allure in 2009. I had always wanted to cruise on Freedom but did not want to pay the price for the category of room I wanted. It wasn't until 2013 that prices went down on Freedom enough for me to want to book a cruise on her and that was almost a full 5 years after the launch of Oasis. I tend to book early and now with Quantum & Anthem having launched I finally have a cruised booked on Oasis for the first time next year which will be 9 years after it's launch. The price was even good enough now that we booked our first Junior Suite and we are excited about it! But anyway yes I book early to get the choice of cabin I want at the price I want and then take advantage of any price drops that happens between booking and the cruise! :cool:

The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas may be something for you to look at. Right now, there is a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on Allure, 12/18-12/23, inside cabin, $1550.60, total for 2 people. There is also a 7-night Western Caribbean sailing on Oasis on Aug. 27th for an inside cabin, $1673.00 total for 2 people. That's about the best pricing out there at this point in time for those two ships.

You can always keep checking the website for last minute deals. Good luck! And it's wonderful that you want to take your mother on a cruise. I truly hope it works out for you.

Doesn't sound like you have a luxury of time, i.e., you don't know if you mom will be as healthy a year from now. So booking a cruise 1-2 years out may not be a wise move.

As stated before, prices are unpredictable; however, Sept.-Mar. (excluding holidays) are usually the least cost in the Caribbean. Be flexible with what exact week you book (find the lowest cost). Booking after final payment date may land a good deal as long as you aren't picky on cabin location.

Don't know if flights are a consideration, but they can be a major cost contributor. I found that these can vary quite a bit during the above time frame as well. Flights are expensive when booked within 2 weeks of travel, so a last minute cruise might not work.

Since you said you were on a tight tight budget, consider an inside cabin. You should also consider the cost of insurance for 80+ year old parents isn't cheap -- you can price this at https://www.insuremytrip.com/, for example.

You have many choices, a freedom or voyager class ship can be considerably less expensive with an experience that your mom would love. You could then maybe budget for a better cabin on those ships.

Edited by TickledBlue

Have you taken into consideration all the walking there is on the Oasis size ships? I love it-it is my favorite ship-but it is a very large ship! Did not see very many wheelchairs on that ship as compared to others. My mother was 80 when we went on the Freedom-and she thought it was too big. And she is a very healthy women-takes no meds-lives alone now-does all her own yardwork and housework-has more energy than me. So, you might want to consider a smaller ship. Have fun and make memories.:)

Haven't sailed on RCCL for some time. I want to take my 86 yr old mom on Allure or Oasis while she can still travel. I think she'd like the ship no matter the destination because of the shows etc.

however, I thought the prices would drop more because they are no longer the biggest etc etc. they haven't seem to come down much. I'm on a tight tight budget. Can anybody tell me when is the best time to get a good deal on one of those ships?

They are still "the biggest". (ok, Harmony may be an inch or two bigger, but still their sister)

Here is the link to the weekly Going Going Gone sale.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Simply put NEVER!!!

Look at September 2016 on Oasis. Under $900 pp for a neighborhood view balcony guarantee.

I second this. The week after Labor Day is often cheap as many schools start sessions that week and most parents and children will not miss the first week of school. Right after New Years and the week before the holiday sailings often offer the lowest rates also.

The Oasis 8/27 sailing has balconies at $799 today or $1811 for 2. That's pretty good for that class of ship.

W guarantee is $1600 on that sailing!:eek: I don't get it.

I keep a spreadsheet on cruise prices and track to get an idea on what a good price is for a particular grade of cabin on a cruise that appeals to me. Then if a sale comes along that beats the price trends I have been seeing I jump on it. I had been doing this for Allure when I saw a good price in Sept. I didn't give it much thought but as I booked it, I realized that the ship returned to port on 9/11. I have since noticed that the various 9/11 cruises seem to have lower price points. I assume it is because people would rather not fly on that day. Since we are driving and the ship returns on 9/11... that did not seem too concerning. So you might check cruises on that day.

Suggestion.... if you select a cabin near rear elevators... you will find that the dining is nearby and easy access to both central park and boardwalk. My husband had knee surgery and we found that the elevators on upper decks were not that noisy... and it kept walking to a minimum.

So far the best pricing I have seen is the BOGO60.... 60% off second cabin. Also the 1-2-3 is good depending upon the length of the cruise... remember to note age as well... sometimes that works out pretty well..and/or state of residency.

If you need a scooter.... Oasis class elevators seem a bit larger than on the Freedom Class.. and there are more of them. But storage is an issue in a regular size cabin. If you plan on doing that I would check to see what you do with scooter at night... can attendant store... I dont know... but if you keep in cabin.. you need to make sure the bed is near the balcony not near the bathroom.

Have a good time.

One more thought. Unlike the Radiance class ship, the Oasis class is internally focused. If you want to see the Ocean, you really need to consider an ocean view cabin. In the Radiance class ship you have a lot of ocean views from many public areas... including by the elevators... this is not true on the Oasis class ships. In the Radiance Class you can go to the top deck to the Viking lounge and have fabulous views... not so on Oasis... here you need to go up to the pool deck or to the solarium at the front of the ship or to a narrow running track on a lower deck... cant recall deck off hand. I love Oasis, but would urge consideration of a deluxe or superior baloney cabin... a bit more that other balcony cabins...

That way if your mother feels tired she can stay on the balcony of the cabin... and enjoy the view

Today there is a senior rate on the 9/10 Oasis sailing.

CP Balcony comes to $1740

Boardwalk Balcony $1754

OV balconies are around $300 more. There is also a senior Oceanview guaratee that comes to $1560 total. I have never tracked inside or OV's on those ships to I don't know how low they have gone

Edited by molly361

When schools are in session prices are lower.

From FTL....always got best deals after Thanksgiving

until just before Xmas.

They had a promotion called Diamonds in December...to

fill them up...ancient history now though.

:D

We have found that prices are lowest for sailings after thanksgiving and before Christmas. We've gotten some really good deals on Royal, Carnival, Celebrity and Holland for sailings during that period