Why does Royal need my CC username?

I'm new to Royal and would like to go to the mix and mingle that is set up for my upcoming cruise, but in order to register, I have to give my cruise critic user name. I don't know why but I feel like it's an invasion of my privacy. Why do they need that information?

I'm new to Royal and would like to go to the mix and mingle that is set up for my upcoming cruise, but in order to register, I have to give my cruise critic user name. I don't know why but I feel like it's an invasion of my privacy. Why do they need that information?

You can put anything in that field, it is not verified.

The Meet & Mingle is a little party that Royal puts on for Cruise Critic members, so the only way to register for it is through CC. (Only CC members are invited to the M&M.) You'll need your user name, the date of your cruise, and your reservation number to register I believe.

Judy

Privacy? Are you worried someone will have a connection between your real name and your cruise critic name? I think I already know you, isn't your name Perry Noya? Just kidding. :p The attempt is to keep it a private function, As Bob said, you can put anything you want there.

Privacy? Are you worried someone will have a connection between your real name and your cruise critic name? I think I already know you, isn't your name Perry Noya? Just kidding. :p The attempt is to keep it a private function, As Bob said, you can put anything you want there.

OP here. I love the Perry Noya! I'm going to steal that to describe folks I know in both my personal and professional life! And yes, I admit, I'm a nervous Nelly, but the paranoia was planted on CC - someone here said Royal cross checks the names with posts. I can't help but remember all the questions I've asked about bringing on alcohol/wine/etc over the years (different cruise lines). Thanks for the laugh!

Watch as you go through the bing bong machine and you may see a line of photos from CC 10 most wanted list that RCI uses to monitor your compliance.... or it might not be.

OMG; too funny! But look at this comment I just read on another post - I swear, CC is making me paranoid!! :) (You're all hilarious; thanks for the laugh!)

"Hope you have signed up for your Meet and Mingle. Giving the cruise line your screen name and real name and then telling the world you are going to share a drink package is priceless."

OP here. I love the Perry Noya! I'm going to steal that to describe folks I know in both my personal and professional life! And yes, I admit, I'm a nervous Nelly, but the paranoia was planted on CC - someone here said Royal cross checks the names with posts. I can't help but remember all the questions I've asked about bringing on alcohol/wine/etc over the years (different cruise lines). Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for understanding my light hearted reply I was hoping I didn't sound like more of a jerk than I am.

That's why I have two CC names... :cool:

hmmm...doesn't that get complicated though because you'd need a second email address and your booking would need to be associated with that second email address. Do you really think they're watching that closely with hundreds of thousand's of passengers?

M&M's are great but how great depends on a couple things (in my experience).

1. How many people sign up - largely driven by the Roll Call thread for your sailing) - RCCL chips in a bunch of door prizes and the quantity and value seems to relate to the number attending. If they do a raffle of prizes you might want your CC name in the hat.

2. How much someone in the Roll Call group steps up to organize the event. Th size of the roll call group will drive that. We've seen very small to on-existent Roll Call on 7 nt Caribbean to HUGE active groups on Transatlantics. On the Mariner TA to Rome we had over 300 at the M&M.

OMG....Now THAT was funny.............:D

Considering how poor coordination generally is between shipside and shoreside, I'm not too worried. ;)

I think the chances are somewhere between slim and none that Royal is watching posts here and making notes on people's reservations! As for people asking about sharing drink packages, until they actually do the deed aboard a ship, no infraction has occurred. If they get caught it will most likely be because a bartender caught on, not because some corporate type put the name on a list based on a CC post. Relax...register...enjoy the Meet & Mingle...meet some folks on your roll call, and I hope you win the best bottle of wine!:D

Judy

I am new to both going on a cruise and the CC boards...so forgive me for a really dumb question about M&M's on your cruise.

My question is this: I am here on CC and want to do the M&M on my cruise, however I am cruising with my mom that is NOT on CC. Would she be able to go to the M&M on the cruise because I am on CC or would she have to join CC to be able to go the M&M also??????

I am new to both going on a cruise and the CC boards...so forgive me for a really dumb question about M&M's on your cruise.

My question is this: I am here on CC and want to do the M&M on my cruise, however I am cruising with my mom that is NOT on CC. Would she be able to go to the M&M on the cruise because I am on CC or would she have to join CC to be able to go the M&M also??????

I went to a M&M with my SO, and there was no questions asked. Bring your mom, enjoy the meeting :-)