Regal Princess or Celebrity Silhouette for Caribbean?

nini

We are 4 time Princess cruisers and 1 time Celebrity. Really like both

and trying to decide between the two for an Aft Balcony. (I know,

have gone up in price). Both itineraries available on both.

Thanks in advance

The Regal has 'open' balconies. You can look down on the person below. Other than than could not tell you any more myself but look for Bimmer09 report on the Silhouette I think it is on the Celebrity board it is very detailed and has photos of the Silhouette, he also has a post on the Princess board comparing Princess vs Celebrity.

Thanks in advance

Hello Nini,

While we have not booked the aft cabins on either line, we have booked like balcony cabins on both ships. The amenities and service are more alike than dissimilar. We like the X balconies for their size, but generally like the Princess food, service and experience. Especially on thr Regal class of ship. Flip a coin, you will enjoy either ship.

Oddly enough, I think the reason most members go to the boards and

ask questions or opinions is to obtain OTHER cruiser's perspectives

and not their own. I appreciate responses in earnest.

I am a balconyaholic so until you mentioned aft I was going to suggest Silhouette All the way but aft might be different. I don't think you get much size increase on the SVs on the Solstice class but if you pick your deck carefully on Regal you'll gain some Real Estate.

Thanks in advance

Regal because we find X very boring.

Oddly enough, I think the reason most members go to the boards and

ask questions or opinions is to obtain OTHER cruiser's perspectives

and not their own. I appreciate responses in earnest.

So true. It's always nice to see what you glean from others. I haven't sailed Celebrity yet so can't say but if you have never sailed the Regal or Royal you might enjoy trying a new class of Princess ship. I hear the buffet on the Regal is amazing. I'm cruising on the Regal in December with family. We can't wait to try the buffet and Alfredo's.

Enjoy your cruise on the ship you choose. :):)

We have not done these ships, but have been on both lines. We prefer Princess due to the younger age mix of the passengers (at least on our cruises) and more activities on board. There are areas that we felt Celebrity excelled, but overall we prefer Princess.

I have been looking at the videos of both and online comments, have cruised the Summit and Constellation ,Princess Crown. The Regal appears as a nicer overall ship. like Celebrity Aqua Class , but the rooms are nothing special. Balconies larger on Celebrity, but seem lately Celebrity is decreasing in food and service. many have complained about disembarcation on the larger ships. The activities and entertainment on the Celebrity ships are nothing special, food in Blu was excellent but buffet nothing great. Planning a Dec Cruise and will probably go for the Regal with a deluxe balcony or mini suite. Once the mini suite plus kicks in, the gap between dining on Celebrity Aqua class will close. My only peeve is paying extra for steam room which I think is petty. An edge to the Silhouette goes to the enclosed solarium which on a Regal class ship was dumb not to do, especially since Princess cruises Canada in the fall. If Princess were smart they would put a Crown size ship in Bermuda from NY