NCL Harvest Caye

CUontheC

Not until such time HC is open and the shorex options and pricing are published - NCL's track records on price protection (LOL) and changes ... well, need I spell it out.

I'm set to travel there on the Dawn in December. There are four Harvest Caye Shorex options that I could reserve on myncl.com, so some pricing is available pricing is $59, $84 or $89(parasailing). I have the promotion and Harvest Caye is an eligible port.

Edited by Nola26

Why can't Cruise Lines be more transparent? You know they already have the policies for Harvest Caye in place - what they will and will not charge for, number and types of al a carte restaurants (and probably the menus), cost of cabanas, etc.

It is not just NCL. Seems finding out much on Cruise Lines takes going to prior passengers and looking on Cruise Critic.

Why can't Cruise Lines be more transparent? You know they already have the policies for Harvest Caye in place - what they will and will not charge for, number and types of al a carte restaurants (and probably the menus), cost of cabanas, etc.

It is not just NCL. Seems finding out much on Cruise Lines takes going to prior passengers and looking on Cruise Critic.

Actually, I think it is quite plausible that NCL hasn't decided on pricing for a number of items at Harvest Caye. They are 3-4 months away from having their first guests on a new island. Knowing exactly what items will be finished on time and what they can/should charge for various items is probably still being debated and approved within NCL or if needed with their partner.

Anyone sailing any NCL ship in the near term should ask these questions onboard. Especially if you're talking with a cruise consultant about booking or buying Cruise Next certificates. Make it a condition of sale, a very reasonable tact.

Thank you for posting these excursions. They look nice. I am hoping it is free to hang out by the new beach area after we do an excursion.

Yes, Great Stirrup Cay (GSC) has some updates opening this year and some next year such as a zipline and underwater snorkel trail. Take a look at NCL's GSC page. We are excited about Jimmy Buffett's LandShark Grille, which will also be a la carte pricing. And, for next year, the Haven beach is also interesting! We're hoping those villas are feasibly priced!

We are looking forward to this- No tendering! Beach access should just be a nice walk from the ship:D

As far as comparing it to GSC, isn't GSC closed and undergoing renovations? It's possible there will be additions there that are ala' carte options too.

We just got off Getaway about 2 weeks ago. Our guide in Belize City said she will be driving to the new port to lead excursions on days when NCL comes because she has to go where the money is. It was a tour booked through NCL, but I'm thinking all tour companies will be doing the same thing, so the options for booking with or without the cruise line will probably develop over time.

Relatedly, if you look at Harvest Caye Belize (HCB) on google maps and couple that graphic with reading through the NCL excurion descriptions currently posted, it becomes evident that the mainland is pretty close. Not sure how, but some excursions to mainland Belize (such as Nim li Punit) are listed as just a bus ride, not even mentioning a ferry or boat after getting to HCB.

Does anyone have an opinion if ALL excursions will be NCL sponsored, or can passengers book through private tour companies? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I love this joint venture idea, and I am genuinely excited about this new port and the fact that we will be docked instead of tendering. Personally, I have no issue with having local cuisine available for purchase, and I am looking forward to trying some new dishes. If I wasn't, I would pop back onto the ship for a quick lunch since I never partake of the fly-ridden BBQ food offered for free on any of the cruise lines private islands (RCCL, Celebrity, Disney and the rest are all just as bad) as it grosses me out. I will gladly pay for a frosty Belikin beer - Yummy!

It does sound like there will be some nice excursions to choose from, but I can understand the disappointment if someone has their heart set on a particular excursion that won't be offered. That's why there are so many cruise lines and itineraries to choose from. This one works perfectly for me, but I would not hesitate to cancel and book something else if I was displeased.

To the OP, I hope your questions are answered as soon as the first ships stop there, and I hope you fall in love with it!

• 4 weeks later...
Relatedly, if you look at Harvest Caye Belize (HCB) on google maps and couple that graphic with reading through the NCL excurion descriptions currently posted, it becomes evident that the mainland is pretty close. Not sure how, but some excursions to mainland Belize (such as Nim li Punit) are listed as just a bus ride, not even mentioning a ferry or boat after getting to HCB.

It's mentioned at the very end of the tour description:

Your tour will include an approximate 30 minute boat transfer to the Belize mainland and the transfer to Nim Li Punit is approximately 1 hour from tour starting point

I talked to my TA about Harvest Caye earlier. She said it's not an NCL exclusive place, like GSC is, which is why your ship perks don't carry over to HC. I asked her which she would recommend, and she said without a doubt, GSC over HC, simply because they treat GSC like an extension of the ship. They can't do that with HC.