I had to make a complaint post cruise....

Ceepot

I won't bother you with the details, but I wasn't happy about how our complaint was dealt with onboard.

I wrote to Celebrity online the day we got back, on the 18 June. I got an automated response saying they'd received it and would be looking into it. Fair enough...

I hadn't heard anything else, until two days ago, when I got a survey to fill in about how I felt the post cruise guest relations had dealt with my issue!!!

Err, they haven't even been in touch? I've checked my junk folders, nothing there. I emailed them back straight away, but they haven't replied.

This survey is sooooooo tempting, but I'll wait another day before I complete it!!

We are still waiting for Celebrity to update my wife's surname on her Captains Club membership. Its a real bizarre situation in that when she logs on to the Celebrity website it still gives her previous surname which is as you would expect associated with her CC number. She went under this name back in 2010 on our first Celebrity cruise but on the following 5 cruises she has sailed with her new and current surname.

All of our current bookings show our surname which curiously enough are also linked to the same CC number. I have been in touch with CC three times now and been told Miami will sort it out. The first was about a year ago and then twice recently, once on the phone and once by e-mail. On the phone call I was told it would take 48 hours but that was over 4 weeks ago. :eek:

When I e-mailed the Captains Club I too received an automated reply saying it would be addressed within so many days, I forget now what the figure was but needless to say nothing has changed.

If it hasn't been altered by the time we sail in a few weeks we will give it another go while onboard. It might get more of response talking face to face.

Its not that its a real problem but just a nuisance because she hasn't had that name for 5 of of last 6 Celebrity cruises and doesn't really want to associate herself with that previous part of her life.

Nobody has ever picked it up apart from us and we have never had an issue on any of our cruises. I just find it odd that nobody has ever questioned the different surname even when we have checked in.

Have either of you written a real paper letter to Michael's attention??

It took that action to get satisfaction, but it came quickly.

I threatened to take our next Alaska cruise to Royal Caribbean. In a few days, I got a call from a lady in his office and she fixed everything right quick! She did everything she said she would do, which was very detailed so I won't go over it. But we got the cabin we wanted, the date we wanted and she called ahead and made sure we got them the day the new itinerary for Alaska 2016 opened. And this was in 2014~ In fact I got another call from reservations to me that day, I didn't have to call them! And this involved potentially losing our 123Go perks due to switching years for the cruise, but since their ships rep had promised it, I was determined to get it. We had been assured that if we booked the 2015 cruise to get this deal, we could then transfer to the 2016 cruise in December when the new 2016 schedule came out. That's where the trouble started. Fortunately, I had the paper brochure that the ships rep had given us circling the 4 perks and telling us we could transfer in her own handwriting, so it helps if you have any paper trail to show them, which I included with my letter.

They cared enough not to lose a potential loyal customer. We had only cruised Celebrity once but were Elite due to our level with RCCL. I was entirely pleased with the way this complaint was handled and the special care that was given. Thank you, Celebrity if you're reading this. I did send an email thank you note to this woman, but it's been so long I can't remember her name.

So go to the top, you may get quicker action.

Edited by BecciBoo

Have either of you written a real paper letter to Michael's attention??

It took that action to get satisfaction, but it came quickly.

I threatened to take our next Alaska cruise to Royal Caribbean. In a few days, I got a call from a lady in his office and she fixed everything right quick! She did everything she said she would do, which was very detailed so I won't go over it. But we got the cabin we wanted, the date we wanted and she called ahead and made sure we got them the day the new itinerary for Alaska 2016 opened. And this was in 2014~ In fact I got another call from reservations to me that day, I didn't have to call them! And this involved potentially losing our 123Go perks due to switching years for the cruise, but since their ships rep had promised it, I was determined to get it. We had been assured that if we booked the 2015 cruise to get this deal, we could then transfer to the 2016 cruise in December when the new 2016 schedule came out. That's where the trouble started. Fortunately, I had the paper brochure that the ships rep had given us circling the 4 perks and telling us we could transfer in her own handwriting, so it helps if you have any paper trail to show them, which I included with my letter.

They cared enough not to lose a potential loyal customer. We had only cruised Celebrity once but were Elite due to our level with RCCL. I was entirely pleased with the way this complaint was handled and the special care that was given. Thank you, Celebrity if you're reading this. I did send an email thank you note to this woman, but it's been so long I can't remember her name.

So go to the top, you may get quicker action.

"Michael" Bayley has been gone from Celebrity for 18 months.

I just tried this and it may work for you...

on the Celebrity web site, click on Captain's Club, put in her log in info, then you will see her name and a tab to "Edit", that will take you to a page with all your info on it, name, email, date of birth etc. You should be able to make the changes here and save them. Did you try that?

I just tried this and it may work for you...

on the Celebrity web site, click on Captain's Club, put in her log in info, then you will see her name and a tab to "Edit", that will take you to a page with all your info on it, name, email, date of birth etc. You should be able to make the changes here and save them. Did you try that?

Yes, it doesn't allow us to edit the name. :)

"Michael" Bayley has been gone from Celebrity for 18 months.

You knew what I meant....He was in that position when this happened...the President and CEO, doesn't matter who it is. Wasn't aware of that, but now I remember its some lady right?

Edited by BecciBoo

As others have said,a real letter or even a phone call asking for the appropriate department.

I would imagine that they get hundreds of emails that generate an automatic response. Somewhere down the line, an employee sifts through them and decides whether they need to be responded to or thrown out.

After over a YEAR of calling, writing, and emailing Celebrity about not being able to update my profile, not getting email offers, and NOT receiving luggage tags for my past Equinox cruise, I went to social media....

I posted my problems on Twitter and Facebook.

Within one day, someone in IT was on the case. Two days later, the problem was discovered and corrected.

Just sayin'....

You knew what I meant....He was in that position when this happened...the President and CEO, doesn't matter who it is. Wasn't aware of that, but now I remember its some lady right?

Unfortunately she doesn't operate the same way he did. He had an email address dedicated to answering problems. Her name is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

Edited by Ma Bell

That was then, this is now. It's the fee raising, perk cutting Queen trying to replace loyal cruisers with new younger ones who don't know better.

Unfortunately she doesn't operate the same way he did. He had an email address dedicated to answering problems. Her name is Lisa Lutoff-Perlo.

She may be more of a social media person , go on Celebrity Facebook page and post until you get a reply :D

I got a quick resolution of an issue by emailing celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. It is a subsection of captains club I hadn't ever heard of until last week. Worth a try as they were very responsive to my request.

Interesting - I sent an email to that address on July 6 and have yet to receive a response. Found it on the Celebrity website as the specific email to use for my inquiry. You must have good karma!

Interesting - I sent an email to that address on July 6 and have yet to receive a response. Found it on the Celebrity website as the specific email to use for my inquiry. You must have good karma!

Maybe you should call Captain's Club and ask them to follow up. If you get a good rep, they will do so.

I also used that email address yesterday and no response as yet. Are there any other emails worth trying? I tried direct message on Facebook and while I did initially get a brief response I am still waiting for the answer to my question.

I won't bother you with the details, but I wasn't happy about how our complaint was dealt with onboard.

I wrote to Celebrity online the day we got back, on the 18 June. I got an automated response saying they'd received it and would be looking into it. Fair enough...

I hadn't heard anything else, until two days ago, when I got a survey to fill in about how I felt the post cruise guest relations had dealt with my issue!!!

Err, they haven't even been in touch? I've checked my junk folders, nothing there. I emailed them back straight away, but they haven't replied.

This survey is sooooooo tempting, but I'll wait another day before I complete it!!

Don't get me started. X customer service is unbelievable for a hospitality company in a competitive business.

I think expecting an immediate response to an email is unrealistic for this size company. Most businesses take a week, at least, and sometimes that's just a response to say they received your initial email. I agree it's bad when they promise a response within a set number of days and then don't respond.

Don't get me started. X customer service is unbelievable for a hospitality company in a competitive business.

I have had good experiences with Celebrity Customer Service. Just recently I sent an email suggestion (not a complaint) to Customer Service. I got a call back from a customer service rep. who thanked me for my interest in Celebrity. He said he would forward my suggestion to the proper department He said he thought the suggestion was a good one but he could not guarantee my suggestion would be implemented. Fair enough! He gave me his name and extension number and said that I should feel free to call him anytime about any matter relating to Celebrity. I was impressed!

Wow, so glad he solved my problem when he did, question is, why did he leave? Fired? Maybe I should go check out that thread on her....:(

Wow, so glad he solved my problem when he did, question is, why did he leave? Fired? Maybe I should go check out that thread on her....:(

"Seasoned travel and hospitality executive Michael Bayley was named President & CEO of Royal Caribbean International, the world's largest cruise brand in December 2014. Bayley's career with the brand's parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. (RCCL), spans 30 years. In his former role as President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Bayley delivered strong results while building the company's "modern luxury" positioning, which resonated successfully with Celebrity's sophisticated customer base."

So he's ok.

She came up through the same executive ranks as he did. Anything she does is being sanctioned by the larger parent company. That you threatened him with taking your business to Royal Caribbean made me smile for the same reason. It's all part and parcel of the same company!

I think expecting an immediate response to an email is unrealistic for this size company. Most businesses take a week, at least, and sometimes that's just a response to say they received your initial email. I agree it's bad when they promise a response within a set number of days and then don't respond.

I mailed a "real" letter to Ms. Lutoff-Perlo. Over six weeks after it would have been received, I got a call from some clueless individual who obviously had no idea what issues had been detailed in the letter. The message relayed - "Sorry you had a problem." None of the issues were addressed, and though I was promised another call to do so, it's been another month. I feel justified in my criticism. I've had many interactions with customer service depts over the years. This is the first to subscribe to the "If we ignore them they'll quit bothering us program".

I feel justified in my criticism. I've had many interactions with customer service depts over the years. This is the first to subscribe to the "If we ignore them they'll quit bothering us program".

Too bad Celebrity doesn't understand the rest of that following statement usually is, "and quit sailing our company."