Anthem balcony choice opinions?

We booked Anthem for Canada/NE for next Sept. so we have plenty of time to change cabins, but I wanted to get veteran Anthem cruisers opinions of the room we booked. Its a superior view balcony whatever that means, and the cabin# is 13148. Let me know if its just OK, sucks or if maybe its really good. I just chose it when we booked, I had no strategy at all. I just saw it was open and chose it. Thanks for any help.

Way to far forward for me....and I would avoid deck #13 that might have the possibility of noise above....Suggest you try a cabin mid-aft ship and with cabins situated above and below the one you choose. Best of luck and enjoy.

We booked Anthem for Canada/NE for next Sept. so we have plenty of time to change cabins, but I wanted to get veteran Anthem cruisers opinions of the room we booked. Its a superior view balcony whatever that means, and the cabin# is 13148. Let me know if its just OK, sucks or if maybe its really good. I just chose it when we booked, I had no strategy at all. I just saw it was open and chose it. Thanks for any help.

Also how many are in your cabin as you've chosen a D2 balcony which is a higher category and typically more expensive cabin as it can accommodate more than two passenger?

If only two, one could be in a Cat. D4 on that deck or in a Cat. 5 on deck 12, D6 on deck 11 or a D7 on deck 10, all of which typically should be less costly cabins.

Below is the view we had from our deck 10 balcony on Anthem. Also the mid-ship balconies, on deck 13 and 12, except for the hump ones, have the angled supports for the overhang of the pool deck 14 obstructing their view some what as you can see in the top portion of my shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=390002&d=1468464227

P3192034.jpg.2bdcd1512a90a31a3186caeb670013a9.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We were also originally booked on deck 13 for the Canada/New England cruise next Sept ... but switched to deck 10 because of possible noise from the deck above and more importantly, the huge overhang from deck 14 dependent upon where your stateroom was. There was a slight price drop for moving to deck 10 - looking fwd to the cruise !

The "48" cabins have very large balconies! I cannot speak to being on deck 13 - but I do think you will like the large balcony. However, it is deep as opposed to wide.

The "48" cabins have very large balconies! I cannot speak to being on deck 13 - but I do think you will like the large balcony. However, it is deep as opposed to wide.

This is somewhat true, however it is only for the "248" and "648" cabins! His cabin, 13148, is just a regular sized balcony, at least on Anthem anyways!

Cabins ending in "244, 246, 248, 644, 646, 648" are all deeper than the regular balconies, with "248 and 648s" being the largest! My parents had 8248 in May and the balcony was awesome!!

I am the "odd" person out!!!! No matter which ship we are on, I always choose the deck right under the pool deck. :eek: This is where we love to be, as we do not have to deal with elevators most of the day. As far as noise, we only encountered this once, on Carnival's Splendor, but it wasn't bad enough to bother us even in the slightest. :D and YES, we are on deck 13 for the Anthem in October.

Edited by champagne123
sssss

The D category balconies for cabins ending with 162, 562 beside the front elevator/stairs area on the different decks are also very large along with 260, 660, 290 and 690 in the rear section. Below are shots of the balcony for cabin 10562 which we had on Anthem last March.

attachment.php?attachmentid=390027&d=1468502704

attachment.php?attachmentid=390028&d=1468502704

P3192028.jpg.dc50e6863bdeeb0d43a76efbf9010acc.jpg

P3192030.jpg.27860e04bb14d04952c8ad6a3b4336ea.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We have stayed in that cabin:).

The cabin itself is very nice. But go one deck down if you can, since there will be noise issues from deck 14 above.

Also how many are in your cabin as you've chosen a D2 balcony which is a higher category and typically more expensive cabin........

Wanted to mention, that somehow the unpopularity (perhaps because of noise issues) of the deck 13 cabins is becoming popular.....I noticed that on my Anthem cruise the deck 13 cabins are going cheaper than anywhere else on the ship!

We have stayed in that cabin:).

The cabin itself is very nice. But go one deck down if you can, since there will be noise issues from deck 14 above.

Wow someone that actually had this cabin, that is pretty awesome luck to find you. And thanks so much for the insight into this cabin. I will try to move down one deck to 12. My question is will I lose the deal I booked under? Its I think 500 bucks more than when i booked a month or more ago.

Search and you'll find threads citing fairly unanimous dislike for cabins on deck 13 due to overhead noise.

Would also avoid lower deck cabins towards rear of starboard side. These pick up noise and smoke from smoking lounge on deck 5.

Thanks I will try an move down one deck to 12. I just hope I won't lose the deal we booked under. Thanks again.

Wow someone that actually had this cabin, that is pretty awesome luck to find you. And thanks so much for the insight into this cabin. I will try to move down one deck to 12. My question is will I lose the deal I booked under? Its I think 500 bucks more than when i booked a month or more ago.

I don't think so, but I would not know that answer for sure. See if you can do some sweet talking!:D;)

Edited by Arzeena

Thanks I will try an move down one deck to 12. I just hope I won't lose the deal we booked under. Thanks again.

If you booked under North American terms then you will be able to move to the exact same category cabin without losing any of your booking benefits. We have done this many times.

If you booked outside of North America you may incur fees or other penalties.

Ok my TA just got back to me saying there are lots of options, same cabin category and no change in fare. Now to all you veteran Anthem cruisers, where would you look to go cabin wise? Deck 12 midship? Any suggestions would be great, thanks.