One complimentary bag of laundry (Elite benefit)

Hi there

Could someone tell me if the "One complimentary bag of laundry" benefit is per stateroom or per Captain's Club member in the stateroom?

Thanks in advance for an answer!

One for each elite member. It is by far the best benefit for elites. It cuts down on packing, and you go home with less dirty clothes. Just don't send anything delicate or shrinkable. We limit our usage to t-shirts, underwear, pajamas, jeans, and shorts.

One for each elite member. It is by far the best benefit for elites. It cuts down on packing, and you go home with less dirty clothes. Just don't send anything delicate or shrinkable. We limit our usage to t-shirts, underwear, pajamas, jeans, and shorts.

Also, check the dates on the coupon, they cut it off a couple of days before so not everyone turns everything in on the last day.

I would say it is second best benefit after the free happy hour.

The Elite benefit is 20 items to wash, dry, fold for shorter cruises, and 30 items for longer cruises.

The Elite+ benefit is basically double the wash coupons.

The cutoff is 3 days before the cruise ends, but I would double check that with the Captain's Club rep or your stateroom attendant.

"Officially" the cut off is 3 days before the end, but we talked to our butler once and he said just get it the last full day in the morning and he'd get it back to us by the end of the day so we could pack it up.

Not saying you can always do that, but he did it for us.

Great benefit. We do take less clothes because of it. Long, long ago we quit trying to have a completely new and different outfit for each day and for each evening.

Personally on a 7 day cruise is it worthless as by the time I need/want to send any laundry out it's already late as it has to be 3 days before the end of the cruise. If I send it out on the morning of day 4 I won't get it back until day 5 in the afternoon. So I still need to pack enough for 5 full days, 2 more days won't break the bank, or suitcase in this instance.

Now on cruises longer than 7 days, especially 14 days it's a great perk. JMO.

We were on Summit last week and they had 30 items again for the 7 days cruise. :) You just had to use it before the last three days of the cruise.

That said as CruisingChick wisely pointed out it isn't very helpful in terms of overall packing on a shorter cruise. We just use it so we have less laundry when we get home or to send out things that get dirty on excursions/working out.

We were on Summit last week and they had 30 items again for the 7 days cruise. :) You just had to use it before the last three days of the cruise.

That said as CruisingChick wisely pointed out it isn't very helpful in terms of overall packing on a shorter cruise. We just use it so we have less laundry when we get home or to send out things that get dirty on excursions/working out.

I'm looking at my leftover Summit coupons from last month -- being Elite+, we got two 20 pieces each. Maybe just being Elite you got one 30 piece each.

Edited by Wine-O

I'm looking at my leftover Summit coupons from last month -- being Elite+, we got two 20 pieces each. Maybe just being Elite you got one 30 piece each.

I wil l have to check mine when I get home later. Since we didn't use any on our 7 night Bermuda cruise in May. I thought they were 30 each, but maybe not.

Personally I'd rather have an extra gelato coupon than laundry coupon, especially since between DH and I we get 4 laundry coupons.

As others have said, it's the best bennie Elites get. As Elite Plus Joni and I get two coupons each per sailing!!!! :D

Does anyone have any idea how they determine if it'll be 20 or 30 pieces?:confused:

It never seems to make sense....

As others have said, it's the best bennie Elites get. As Elite Plus Joni and I get two coupons each per sailing!!!! :D

Does anyone have any idea how they determine if it'll be 20 or 30 pieces?:confused:

They count it.

We have always received 30 items, except on the Baltic Cruise which was designated as " water restricted", so that was why we only has 20 items, at least on that cruise.

They count it.

LOL!!!! :p:p:D

We have always received 30 items, except on the Baltic Cruise which was designated as " water restricted", so that was why we only has 20 items, at least on that cruise.

I'm trying to remember which cruises we had 20 pieces (the Alaska one and the British Isles one we just got back from as I recall) and which were 30 (Caribbean ? Bermuda?)

And we've been on a lot of cruises........

Are they starting to reduce the number water restrictions or not? Got to save a bit if they cut down free laundry for every Elite and up by 1/3.

Edited by A Sixth?

LOL!!!! :p:p:D

I'm trying to remember which cruises we had 20 pieces (the Alaska one and the British Isles one we just got back from as I recall) and which were 30 (Caribbean ? Bermuda?)

And we've been on a lot of cruises........

Are they starting to reduce the number water restrictions or not? Got to save a bit if they cut down free laundry for every Elite and up by 1/3.

We were recently on an Adriatic cruise on the Constellation and had 30 items.

:confused:

Personally on a 7 day cruise is it worthless as by the time I need/want to send any laundry out it's already late as it has to be 3 days before the end of the cruise. If I send it out on the morning of day 4 I won't get it back until day 5 in the afternoon. So I still need to pack enough for 5 full days, 2 more days won't break the bank, or suitcase in this instance.

Now on cruises longer than 7 days, especially 14 days it's a great perk. JMO.

We're going into Seattle 3 days before our cruise and plan to use our coupons as soon as we get on board. Just because its a 7 day cruise doesn't mean its a 7 day vacation. JMO

We're going into Seattle 3 days before our cruise and plan to use our coupons as soon as we get on board. Just because its a 7 day cruise doesn't mean its a 7 day vacation. JMO

We usually leave home several days before the cruise, so we take full advantage of this offer. Since we are both Elite, we each can send out a bag. By the third day, we have enough to fill at least one bag and possibly two.

This is our favorite elite benefit, especially if we're flying. Coupons have always been for 30 items each, and dw makes sure to use them fully.

DW takes precautions by having me take video as she holds up each item and places it in the bag. When the clean laundry is returned and everything checks out I delete the video. That way if an item is lost we can show them the picture. Fortunately we've never had a problem with anything being lost or damaged.