Anthem dining room dress code

Grande is the ONLY venue on the ENTIRE ship that requires one to dress up. Please obey the rules. You do not have to go to the Grande, so if you don't want to dress up please don't go. There are several other free sit-down dining rooms on Anthem that are casual.

Formal nights are close to dead on every other ship because there's only one dining room, but it is disgraceful that people still try to break the rules on Anthem, where there are several dining rooms with only one being formal.

What happened to having some class?

:mad:

RCI is consistently inconsistent with their policies. If you don't have a coat for The Grande they will loan you one to parade to your seat so you can hang it on the back of your chair.

Pretty saucy lecture for a teenager...

The Grande is the only formal dining room on the ship. I've seen men turned away if they run out of jackets.

I have never seen them run out of jackets.

As noted, most men (My estimation: 99.99999% of those who are given jackets) drape it over the back of their chairs.

The staff then go around collecting them and putting them back on the rack! :eek:

We will be sailing on the Anthem for the first time in Jan. & were told that the men must wear a jacket while in the Grande. We got off the Oasis last month & while jackets were supposed to e required, many did not follow the code. Is it just as relaxed on the Anthem?:confused:

There is no equivalent venue on Oasis, and no situation in which jackets are required on that Ship. You cannot compare Anthem to Oasis.

We will be sailing on the Anthem for the first time in Jan. & were told that the men must wear a jacket while in the Grande. We got off the Oasis last month & while jackets were supposed to e required, many did not follow the code. Is it just as relaxed on the Anthem?:confused:

Hi!

I hope the restaurants that advertise "formal" enforce the dress code, especially when you pay more. Just as no speedos at the pool :-)

Hi!

The Grande and Chef's Table are Formal; the other restaurants are "Smart Casual". Just checked the dining page. No swim suit covers, etc. There are still people like me that look forward to dressing for dinner. The "White Glove" tea on Cunard is awesome to me and stuffy to others :-)

Everything is posted on their web page. Also, check the British dress codes on Bermuda to avoid embarrassment.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip. There are many casual venues.

Just off the anthem. We were very annoyed that nobody enforced jacket dress code at grande. We took the time and space to pack jackets and literally 1/4 of the restaurant was not wearing or even hanging on the back of chairs. There were also some people in tuxes and gowns but they looked crazy out of place. The other main dining rooms saw a mix of pants and shorts for the men.

Hi Donna K,

I cannot agree more with you. It is also formal at the Chef's Table and one other reservation I made. Think CHIC is has a dress code, too.

7 days and counting!

On Royal's site for Chef's Table package it says smart casual. I know the answer you get depends on WHICH Royal page you click on. Which page did you see it on?