Harmony - Rome embarkation AND Kids' Cruise Compasses??

Hi everyone:

I've searched, but cannot find the information I am looking for.

1) Rome Embarkation

Could someone who embarked in Rome provide feedback on how it went/procedure/what time you were allowed on board? We are hoping to get to the port around 10:30 and want to know if we will have to wait long to board.

2) Kids' Cruise Compasses for the 9 to 11 and 12 to 15 age group

Thanks to all who have posted the daily Compasses. Would anyone have the Kids' compasses for these age groups that they could post? Much appreciated!!!

We're about 41 days away, and getting VERY psyched!!:D:p

Hi everyone:

I've searched, but cannot find the information I am looking for.

1) Rome Embarkation

Could someone who embarked in Rome provide feedback on how it went/procedure/what time you were allowed on board? We are hoping to get to the port around 10:30 and want to know if we will have to wait long to board.

We arrived a little before 10.30 and were able to board immediately, less than 5 minutes....

We were the only ones boarding... We had the whole ship to ourselves :)

Turns out the "main" boarding is in Barcelona.

So far, I haven't seen any reserving of boarding times. In any event, very few people board in Rome (it's something like 1400 people, compared to 4500 in Barcelona), so I doubt they worry about spreading out the arrival time. I think you can just show up when you are ready and it won't be an issue! Just don't leave it until the VERY last minute! You may find boarding denied, then you'll have to get yourself to Naples!

Can anyone let me know if we will be able to get taxis from rome airport which will accommodate 4 people and 4 pieces of luggage....thanks

We used this company --

http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/

For a private transfer from Rome airport to hotel, then to cruise ship, and vice versa. We were 4 people. No need to pay in advance, they waited for us right on time, and their prices were very competitive.

Can anyone let me know if we will be able to get taxis from rome airport which will accommodate 4 people and 4 pieces of luggage....thanks

We've booked with Stefano's Rome cabs- book online, price pre-set. Good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we will be also boarding from rome.....do you have to reserve boarding times when you checkin online or simply show up....we are first time cruiser any help will be appreciated....thanks :)

I just checked in online and had to choose an "arrival appointment

" time. The earliest I could choose was 12:00 but we are still going to arrive early. From what I understand this is not enforced.

Do let me know how was your experience. I am sailing on 6th October from rome. Any tips you could give will be lovely

I will! I am planning on doing a review - not sure yet if it will be live or not. I did get the Internet package, so if I have time, I will.

For embarkation in Rome, what is the latest we can arrive at the port to board the ship?

Does anyone know what Pier the Harmony is docked at? I think our cab will have to drop us off at the entrance to the port - wondering how much of a hassle it will be to get from there to the ship. Where do we check in the luggage?

I was doing my Check In docs the other day, and it looks like the last check in time is 3:30 to 4:00. But if you go into your Cruise Planner and do your check in, you will see the times.

It shouldn't be too much of a hassle, as your luggage gets dropped with the porters at the check in area, before checking in and boarding. I'm not sure, but I think there are shuttle busses from the check in area to the ship, but you'll only have your carry on luggage, so not too bad.

Just back from harmony where we embarked/disembarked at civitivecchia.

We arrived at the port at around 10.30am and were onboard by 11.00am.

We used romecabs to take us from our hotel in Rome to the port and back to the airport when the cruise was over - highly recommend this company. They dropped us off right beside the ship and checkin terminal where porters were ready the take our luggage. Very efficient and quick embarkation.

Disembarkation was just as good - were off the ship and in our romecabs vehicle by 7.45am ( took our own luggage off) as we had an early flight - at airport by 8.45am.

Enjoy harmony - we had an amazing week - wonderful ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We used romecabs to take us from our hotel in Rome to the port and back to the airport when the cruise was over - highly recommend this company. They dropped us off right beside the ship and checkin terminal where porters were ready the take our luggage. Very efficient and quick embarkation.

Disembarkation was just as good - were off the ship and in our romecabs vehicle by 7.45am ( took our own luggage off) as we had an early flight - at airport by 8.45am.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the check in area was right next to the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there can you please give some advice regarding the shore excursion....mostly planning to self explore the ports except naples.