Crazy Comments-Liberty Reviews

I get that we ALL have different expectations and experiences. But some of the latest posts in the Member Reviews are melodramatic to say the least. Come on people. Here's a few examples:

maybe most of the positive reviews that get posted are from gold and platinum members who have a larger stake in RCI or who get compensated in some form for their reviews.

.....or maybe we just had a good cruise? Could that even be possible?

I purchased their Ultimate Drink Package. BECAREFULL…The package is actually only for 6 days cause the bars are closed on the last day (Sunday) of your cruise. There is no sharing but I did with my wife and daughter just like everybody else did who purchased any packages.

Your math is wrong. Sun-Sat is indeed 7 days. Sorry you couldn't get a drink on disembarkation day. And no "everybody else" doesn't share their drink package.

Clearly, RC has determined its Texas customers don't notice food quality differences, unless it's this way on all RC ships.

It's this way on all RC ships. But thanks for looking out for Texans. :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING in the Windjammer is complete low quality dreck.

EVERYTHING?????

One poster even posted TWO negative reviews for the same sailing. Not cool.

Look, every opinion is valid. And these folks obviously didn't have a great time. One said Royal had "no decor" and then raved about the beauty of Carnival's decor. Ok...your opinion. But I hardly would say Royal has NO decor.

No, I'm not a cheerleader. I find good and not so good and even sometimes a bad on a cruise. But I would caution the newer cruisers who see this kind of nonsense to take it all with a grain of salt - and remind all of us that do reviews to not get carried away like some of these.

OK, rant over.

Yep... Welcome to the internet.

No slight against you. What I mean is what I learned in marketing 101. Most people give feedback because they want to complain. People generally don't give feedback when they have a good experience, only when it was bad. They also assume that everybody thinks the same way they do and does the same things. More to my pet peeve is when a writer assumes that a problem they have is the same for everybody, or if they don't get something they were entitled to, they say something like "that service has been discontinued". Which misinforms the reader.

On the other hand, when I am looking at online reviews for something, I generally look for consistent comments. Specifically, does everybody complain about the same thing? Is it something that I care about?

Way back before our first cruise, I remember reading a review where the writer referred to the ship as "Entrapment of the Seas" because there was nothing to do on board and you had to pay extra for everything. Glad I went on and read more because they were very wrong.

I think part of it is what people put into it, what they themselves bring to the table. People who are generally positive will probably post positive reviews.

My first cruise ever was on Liberty. I loved it and now I'm hooked. I had one minor bad experience with the spa but other than that everything was fantastic. I decided to book again with RC because of the experience on Liberty. Windjammer was fine, the main dining room was great, we had a blast. If she were still sailing out of Florida or NJ I'd book Liberty again in a heartbeat.

Here's a couple of recent ones that made me chuckle:

I cant even remember The Allures cruise directors name.

I can never remember either but who really cares?

No more cruising for awhile and by the way awful beach at Labadee rocks all over people couldnt get in and out of water I busted my knee open trying to help my mom out.

Water shoes!!!

Edited by Big_G

TBone - I agree on the "welcome". :) It just seems lately some of the comments have been beyond stupid.

Big G- greatness. Yes we could make an entire thread out of quoting idiotic comments. I love how people complain that the breakfast menu is the same every day. Uh.......it's breakfast. There's not THAT many choices out there!

Water shoes!!!

I think the generally accepted assumption in regards to all sandy beaches on the planet is that you can go barefoot.

So that may not be the best example of pointing out stupid complaints. :)

I think the generally accepted assumption in regards to all sandy beaches on the planet is that you can go barefoot.

So that may not be the best example of pointing out stupid complaints. :)

I'll give you that one. Where I'm from, water shoes are almost a necessity in open ocean. On the other hand, there are plenty of other areas on Labadee where it's not an issue.

I'm just looking for a Suite on the newest ship with every benefit, incentive and promotion that has ever been offered. I want a chair reserved for me on the pool deck, whether I use it or not. I want 5 star cuisine, accommodations and service that goes above and beyond and I do not want to tip for it. I would like unlimited beverages included, Broadway caliber entertainment and order the weather to be sunny with little wind. I would like the price to be somewhere in the range of an inside cabin in 1974. And if the other passengers could keep their children from even looking in my general direction, that would be appreciated. Is that too much to ask?

This is the way I feel that most of the discussions have headed in the last few months. I usually too excited to be not working and on vacation to complain.

(Sorry if any of my grammar or spelling was incorrect.)

I'm just looking for a Suite on the newest ship with every benefit, incentive and promotion that has ever been offered. I want a chair reserved for me on the pool deck, whether I use it or not. I want 5 star cuisine, accommodations and service that goes above and beyond and I do not want to tip for it. I would like unlimited beverages included, Broadway caliber entertainment and order the weather to be sunny with little wind. I would like the price to be somewhere in the range of an inside cabin in 1974. And if the other passengers could keep their children from even looking in my general direction, that would be appreciated. Is that too much to ask?

This is the way I feel that most of the discussions have headed in the last few months. I usually too excited to be not working and on vacation to complain.

(Sorry if any of my grammar or spelling was incorrect.)

You might mean an inside cabin in 2004, if cruise prices are like airline prices, the 1974 price might be 2 or 3 times the 2004 price.:)

Cozumel beach was rockier than usual last time - all depends on the weather systems. Perhaps I should write a nasty review about how Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum, Mr Sanchos etc didn't tell me to bring water shoes.

Our last time at Roatan it had stormed the day before and the beach was COVERED in seaweed and seagrass when we got there. I heard people around us complaining about how gross the beach was. They had workers out there raking it up and carting it away in wheelbarrows non stop. By 10:30 the beach was beautiful. But I bet people went back and complained here and on Trip Advisor. It's WEATHER!

njm - seems reasonable to me. ;) make sure you buy a drink package and share it will at least 10 people. They'll never catch on since "everybody" does it.

Cozumel beach was rockier than usual last time - all depends on the weather systems. Perhaps I should write a nasty review about how Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum, Mr Sanchos etc didn't tell me to bring water shoes.

Our last time at Roatan it had stormed the day before and the beach was COVERED in seaweed and seagrass when we got there. I heard people around us complaining about how gross the beach was. They had workers out there raking it up and carting it away in wheelbarrows non stop. By 10:30 the beach was beautiful. But I bet people went back and complained here and on Trip Advisor. It's WEATHER!

njm - seems reasonable to me. ;) make sure you buy a drink package and share it will at least 10 people. They'll never catch on since "everybody" does it.

I have low expectations; I'm rarely disappointed.:D

I agree. We are looking forward to our Liberty cruise in December.

We have never experienced a bad cruise, although some have been better than others. We cruise for the itineraries, to visit the ports, have a relaxing time together, and enjoy the sea.

I agree. We are looking forward to our Liberty cruise in December.

We have never experienced a bad cruise, although some have been better than others. We cruise for the itineraries, to visit the ports, have a relaxing time together, and enjoy the sea.

That's a great concept. I hope it catches on. I, for one, am fully on board.

Wolfganghowell......well said! I really wish there was a "Like" button!!

I agree , Liberty was not perfect but it is a really nice ship ( we sailed last April and are booked again for next April)

Worst thing is we can not drink top shelf booze for the 1st few hours due to a stupid Texas law.

In Labadee they needed to walk a little farther to a nice sandy beach. Or they could have taken the wagon. I love most peoples complaints over food. I would love to go to their house & taste the food they serve.

I love most peoples complaints over food. I would love to go to their house & taste the food they serve.

AMEN!!!! Here's a true story that I LOVE. We frequent a local restaurant owned by a VERY well known restauranteur. He has sold several of his concepts that have gone on to be national names. VERY high end. Amazing food. His current place you can eat beween $15 all the way to $50. Someone complained to him that they could get better food at McDonalds. He went up to his office where somehow he had some McD's coupons up there and took them back to the idiot and gave them to him, saying "he could have a meal at McDonalds on him." LOVE him. I know this is a true story because we know him and his family.

I've definitely had some blah meals on Royal. I have seen a decline in the quality, no question. But we certainly don't starve to death onboard.

The one about food that kills me the most is when they say something is "inedible".

REALLY? Inedible eh? Pffftt. LOL

Any time I run across one of the "inedible" posts I basically skip and ignore everything from that point forward. :)

The one about food that kills me the most is when they say something is "inedible".

Any time I run across one of the "inedible" posts I basically skip and ignore everything from that point forward. :)

I was thinking the same thing. May favorite descriptor used in reviews, hands down.

They must be talking about a Olive garden