Bed / Veranda

kqcallahan

We are going on the Silhouette April 2017 and have a veranda room. Wondering if it would be better to have the bed closer to the bathroom or the veranda?

Would love to hear peoples opinions/reasons on this. Thanks

Hi - when we sailed on the Equinox, we chose the bed by the veranda.

With the bed near the bath, the space to get into the closet is very tight. Having the sofa next to the closet provided better access as well as a "dressing area" near the bathroom. It also meant the drawers were closer to the closet (and you didn't have to walk around the bed to get to them).

It gave an open feel to the stateroom when you walked in and provided a layout that worked well for the two of us.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We are going on the Silhouette April 2017 and have a veranda room. Wondering if it would be better to have the bed closer to the bathroom or the veranda?

Would love to hear peoples opinions/reasons on this. Thanks

"Better" is only in the eyes of the occupants. :)

You'll find people here saying they prefer the bed by the bath, and others saying they prefer it by the balcony. We've had it both ways. You'll just have to sail twice on S-class ships, with the bed in the two different locations, and decide which you prefer. :)

The Silhouette is my favorite ship, so beautiful. Have a great cruise!

Here's a vote for bed by the balcony...I feel like I have a bit more room when I first enter the cabin and agree that it's a little easier to get into the closet with the couch next to it. But my favorite reason would be that I can hear the ocean outside my balcony door as I fall asleep.........:)

Susan

I like both. I find we use our balcony more when the bed is near bath. You have one large living area with easy access to the balcony, the balcony becomes an extension of the sitting area. When the bed is near the balcony, I feel like there is a division of the living areas. I find we go out there look, sit for a bit and come back in.

Although there is something nice about having your bed inches away from an open balcony door.

Definitely prefer the bed by the bathroom. Although the closet area is a little cramped, that just means the sitting area and desk are by the verandah and are much brighter and open. It also means if you sit there you have a nice view.

Lastly, it drove me nuts squeezing around the bed to get out to the verandah.

But as others have said, it's all about preference, but mine is definitely to have it near the bathroom.

Edited by RickT

We often have several friends over for a pre-dinner beverage. Last cruise our bed was by the balcony for the 1st time ever. The cabin was selected by me as it was starboard side with the larger sized angled veranda. Well, this arrangement is not conducive to socializing because the bed placement impedes the seating arrangements- couch & vanity chair then the BED and then the veranda.

It is much nicer to have the open space that the bed by the bath allows. And the bed can also be used for seating so that 5 or 6 of us are able to converse together.

I also like being in close proximity to the bathroom. With DH having a CPAP, the cord is out of the way in the bed by bath arrangement. Stretching out on the couch with a direct view out the veranda door works great on a cold or rainy day because one can face the sea and stay warm & cozy.

Edited by TMLAalum

We like the bed by the bathroom. Mrs WCF likes the extra light from the windows when sitting at the desk doing her makeup. We also like the extra space & couch by the balcony and feel that it makes up for what is very limited space between the closet and bed.

DW and I both like the bed by the balcony. For us the room 'seems' more spacious even tho we know its the same size. We hardly use our couch, most of the time it has our bags/ shopping bags on it. The view of the open seas from the bed is one of our favorite sights.

How can you tell which arrangement you have? We're in 7281 on an upcoming cruise, but they all look the same on the deck plan.

What ship are you on?

If an S-class ship, pretty sure that your bed will be near the bathroom. You can check at the top of the celebrity forum. In the "sticky" forum there is an S- class room spread sheet that gives that info. Your room is a connecting room based on the floor plan on celebrity website. Your room is on the right side of the 2 connecting rooms. Rooms on the right side of room twosomes are bed near bath.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We prefer bed by the bath. As previously mentioned, we like the sitting area right off of the balcony. If we have room service, it is set up on the table in the sitting area and we can take what we want outside. If we have friends over to visit, the sofa is right at the balcony, and we like being closer to the closet and the bathroom from the bed.

How can you tell which arrangement you have? We're in 7281 on an upcoming cruise, but they all look the same on the deck plan.

There are threads here where people post info on the cabin they have stayed in, if it is in a good location and if the bed is by the bath or balcony.There is one for M class and one for S class. I use this resource every time I book. I'm not sure this will work but here goes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

Stateroom 7281 has a little square on the deck plans. That means it has a fold out sofa bed. Those staterooms have bed by the bath as all sofa beds are by the balcony.

Stateroom 7281 has a little square on the deck plans. That means it has a fold out sofa bed. Those staterooms have bed by the bath as all sofa beds are by the balcony.

Ok, thank you! That makes sense. We're on Solstice. I can see advantages in both arrangements, but I think bed-by-bath will suit us well.

Bed by the balcony! I LOVE laying in bed and watching the Caribbean go by. I must confess, my hubs spoils me and will get up early and bring me mimosas, coffees, fruits, treats, etc, and I can lounge around in bed a little longer and just gaze at the ocean and sky. It is so decadent.

My experience: Celebrity Eclipse with the sofa next to the veranda.

I enjoyed my stateroom and found this arrangement to be most satisfactory.

My sole complaint about the stateroom was the storage cabinets located over the bed. Most of the space was not useable unless one stood on the bed.

And, I thought, a panel of ladies were involved in the design of the staterooms on the Solstice-Class vessels?

Can the configuration be changed? We will be in 7256 on the Silhouette soon. I was wondering if our bed would be by the balcony or bathroom? I like the thought of the extra space as you come into your room. Our last cruise on RCCL had the bed right has you walked in the room and made it seem cramped.

Can the configuration be changed? We will be in 7256 on the Silhouette soon. I was wondering if our bed would be by the balcony or bathroom? I like the thought of the extra space as you come into your room. Our last cruise on RCCL had the bed right has you walked in the room and made it seem cramped.

Your stateroom has the bed by the bath. This configuration cannot be changed. If you desire bed by the balcony, you will have to change staterooms.

Note the triangle on the deck plans for your stateroom. That denotes an upper berth, which is always by the balcony, so that stateroom will have bed by the bath. As all staterooms alternate bed by bath/balcony/bath/balcony, etc. just count up or down to find a stateroom with bed configuration you desire.

Note: All staterooms with a triangle and/or square on the deck plans will have bed by the bath.