Should you be able to Choose Loyalty Benefits?

Hi there

I can't imagine that people specifically choose a cruise line because of a loyalty program, especially since most times you don't qualify for them until after you have cruised with them for a specified time.

You would be selecting your cruise by determining which product is the best fit to what you are looking for. If you do qualify for certain loyalty benefits they would factor into your consideration of what is right for you. These benefits would only play a small part in the total package.

Internet packages, drinks, excursion, as well as included air are all things that are offered as "free". Of course we understand that it is worked into the price you pay.

So in that way, most cruise lines do allow us to select what "perks" we want. If patronizing a certain line qualifies us for extras, then certainly it might tip the scale, but shouldn't be considered initially.

happy sailing

as some one who has stuck with one cruise line primarily due to the loyalty perks offered, I actually like the idea of being able to a la carte things.

I'd love to have the choice of benefits/perks. being able to cherry pick what I would use out of a list would be awesome. the higher the tier, the more and better options to choose from.