If You Could Only Pick One: Swizzle Inn, Wahoo, White Horse, Frog & Onion

ajtraveler66

We won't have time for all of them....so WHICH pub/eating establishment is a MUST: Swizzle Inn, Wahoo, White Horse, Frog & Onion.....or maybe there's one I haven't mentioned. Tell me why it's a MUST!!! Thanks.

Going to be on the NCL Breakaway Aug 7-14. Can't wait!!!!!

We won't have time for all of them....so WHICH pub/eating establishment is a MUST: Swizzle Inn, Wahoo, White Horse, Frog & Onion.....or maybe there's one I haven't mentioned. Tell me why it's a MUST!!! Thanks.

As SBtS said the original Swizzle is synonymous with Bermuda. It is a bucket list visit. It is iconic. So I would put that first. Frog and Onion at the Dockyard,somewhat iconic, I go there for a beer or Dark and Stormy sometime in the time when in Bermuda if docked at the Dockyard. They brew their own craft beer. Dark and Stormy's are much better than Rum Swizzles. Wahoo's is a good place to have lunch in St. George's. White Horse a place for a beer and burger. If you want to go to a place for the best food on your list, that would be Wahoo's. But understand if you want fine dining none of those is that. Wahoo's is good food that is above pub food. The rest are pub food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Swizzle Inn... The original at Bailey's Bay, because it is synonymous with Bermuda, love the atmosphere, outdoor seating and of course the Rum Swizzles!! And I love the tag line!...Swizzle Inn....Swagger Out!!

Second choice is Frog and Onion because it is walking distance from the ship. I usually visit both on my Bermuda trips, even if just for a quick drink.

I'm partial to the Hog Penny in Hamilton.

Last time we ate at the White Horse the food was awful and the place was filthy. We'll never eat there again.

I like the Hog Penny too. Their pub grub is top notch. As an aside, it is owned by the same group that owns the Frog and Onion.

However, you cant go to Bermuda and not stop at the Swizzle Inn for a pitcher (don't forget the t-shirt).

We just returned from a week in St. George's and we hit Wahoo's, Swizzle and Frog and Onion twice each. (Mastercard was very happy with us...)

You can't go wrong with any of them; just depends on where you are and your menu preferences...

F&O is easy, SI a must, but don't miss Henry VIII for an evening

Edited by blue_water

For real "old Bermuda" - and a great meal - have dinner at Tom Moore's Tavern - in business over a hundred years, in a building dating back to 1652.

Other than that, Hog Penny in downtown Hamilton is good for lunch, and the original Swizzle Inn is a must, if only for a drink, for people returning to the island.

Sadly the White Horse, in St. George which used to be pretty good now has terrible food poorly served. I suspect the decline started when most cruise ships got too big to enter the harbor so business dropped radically.