Do I believe my DH or not about using Tricare insurance while abroad?

Sorry if I am not clear. I am just trying to see if anyone has actually used Tricare while traveling .... I was just looking for info from someone with experience using Tricare, whether pro or con, to show DH.
As noted many times in the Cruise Air forum, the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". Someone else's experience has little to no bearing on what your specific circumstances would entail. As Shorex mentioned, do your due dilligence and look at the actual coverage that you would get. Only then will you be able to make an informed decision.

Thought experiment: What would your reaction be as a juror if someone testified in a courtroom "Well, I bought the policy because an internet forum told me that this would be covered by the insurer."

Caveat emptor.

• 4 weeks later...
We always cruise with cruise/travel insurance. That being said, on an Alaskan cruise in 2014, I became ill and went to see the ship's doctor. Although we had cruise insurance, the cost of the medical visit and medication is put on the ship board account that must be paid prior to departing the ship. When filing the paperwork with the cruise insurance we learned that they are second payer. We had to first file with TRICARE (we are TRICARE Prime enrollees with United Health Care for our region). After getting the run around with United Health about what paperwork to submit, I finally called Tricare and was given the proper information. Paperwork to submit: DD Form 2642 (available online), ship's medical receipt, ships onboard expense showing the medical visit, and credit card statement showing payment made to cruise line. All this was mailed to Tricare Overseas, Madison, Wisconsin. Within a month of submitting the paperwork I received a check covering the medical visit and medication. Although TRICARE covered the medical expenses for onboard services, I do not know about coverage for medevac or for foreign hospital stays. Also remember cruise/travel insurance covers other things besides medical. So there is more to think about when deciding on cruise or travel insurance.

Thanks for posting the correct process. As a result, I resubmitted my claim for my DW's finger stitches on the Ms Nieuw Amsterdam to the proper address and my check for 80% was just mailed. Supplement insurance should cover most of the difference.

Now that I know that Tricare covers medical procedures overseas, I no longer need to buy the medical coverage, only the medevac coverage.