Coffee Makers in Gem Balcony Staterooms....

chisox021

Anyone have info on them? My wife and I are morning coffee drinkers, and have no issues, or should I say, my wife has no issues of me getting up and getting us coffee in the morning from the buffet.. But what can I expect, if anything, that's provided in the room? Are they replenished daily? Thanks for the info...

We had a coffee maker in our balcony cabin and the steward had no problem bringing us extra coffee and condiments on need. It's similar to what you'll find in a hotel room, IIRC it only brews 1 cup at a time (maybe 2, but in any event it isn't large).

They do replenish the coffee daily when they do your room. It's a single serve maker. It's not the best coffee, but none on the ship is unless it's specialty. I've taken my own coffee with me in the past, with little filters for it. If you like flavored creamers, be sure to take those with you too. None on the ship. Coffee maker is similar to this: http://restaurantequipmentclub.com/prodDetail.cfm/6589735?gclid=CjwKEAjwk6K8BRDM3aCSkdCtzSQSJAA3Vf38N6u1-A56HfuQ5z-xyUxglG_3SugArHrmYseSSb6x6BoCnXLw_wcB

I'll be on the Pearl soon and I'm looking forward to having a coffee maker in my stateroom. I assume they include creamer, but is it powdered creamer? If it is, I'll grab some milk in the buffet and keep it in the fridge. :D

I want to say that it is powdered.

Typical setup - it's a very small cup https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2141%20%281024x768%29.jpg

We prefer this over the 4-cup drip coffee-maker. RS will supply extra coffee pods (ask for all regulars if you don't need decaf) - ours get restocked 2x daily. Still complimentary (or, buy your own on Amazon & bring along)

Thanks all.. My last cruise was on the Breakaway a couple years ago and we were able to put in an order for coffee (or anything bfast wise) the night before and it was delivered within the time you specified.... Very convenient and I'd tip them each time.. But I don't think they do that anymore - for free anyhow.

Thanks all.. My last cruise was on the Breakaway a couple years ago and we were able to put in an order for coffee (or anything bfast wise) the night before and it was delivered within the time you specified.... Very convenient and I'd tip them each time.. But I don't think they do that anymore - for free anyhow.

Continental breakfast items before 10a.m. are free. Not sure what is included but I do know that coffee is:).

Like Sparks said ;)

Free cont'l breakfast delivery in the morning, 6:30 to 10 AM on a super abbreviated menu selection - brown water a/k/a coffee included.

Look for ordering forms (from the BA, there appeared to be some differences among ships - check yours once onboard) like below with the hours listed - place them outside the door by 4 AM - if you don't see them, ask RS for the form.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160524/87b75c131ac6c7ad92ad5da4c97e0442.jpg

Continental breakfast items before 10a.m. are free. Not sure what is included but I do know that coffee is:).

Like Sparks said ;)

Free cont'l breakfast delivery in the morning, 6:30 to 10 AM on a super abbreviated menu selection - brown water a/k/a coffee included.

Look for ordering forms (from the BA, there appeared to be some differences among ships - check yours once onboard) like below with the hours listed - place them outside the door by 4 AM - if you don't see them, ask RS for the form. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160524/87b75c131ac6c7ad92ad5da4c97e0442.jpg

Thanks guys.. The reason I asked is because I did see somewhere (or read, or heard scuttlebutt) that they don't have "complimentary continental bfast" items no more.... But if they do, that'll save me a trip to the buffet for sure!

I'm on the Pearl (balcony cabin) in the spring...was wondering the same...so the coffee maker is a "loose" coffee maker not a pod/Keurig type maker? And it's complimentary?

The last time I cruised it was a birthday present from my sister and her family and we had a family suite...the works.. (Kinda spoiled me...lol) so I'm not familiar what is charged to your room and what's complimentary. Also...does anyone have or know how I can get an actual pic of a midship balcony stateroom on the Pearl?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the Pearl (balcony cabin) in the spring...was wondering the same...so the coffee maker is a "loose" coffee maker not a pod/Keurig type maker? And it's complimentary?

The last time I cruised it was a birthday present from my sister and her family and we had a family suite...the works.. (Kinda spoiled me...lol) so I'm not familiar what is charged to your room and what's complimentary. Also...does anyone have or know how I can get an actual pic of a midship balcony stateroom on the Pearl?

I'll be on the Pearl in 73 days in a mid-ship balcony and will try to remember to come back to this thread and and post a couple pics. Google images is your friend. I'm sure you'd be able to find pics there. Youtube is another great place to find video footage of just about any ship.

That would be awesome! Thank you! I've seen pics on YouTube and Google...but none midship and mostly I've seen the stock pics from Norwegian that state the pics are "similar" of what to expect... Any pics would be appreciated! [emoji106]🏻[emoji4]

That would be awesome! Thank you! I've seen pics on YouTube and Google...but none midship and mostly I've seen the stock pics from Norwegian that state the pics are "similar" of what to expect... Any pics would be appreciated! [emoji106]🏻[emoji4]

You bet! I take lots of pics on vacation. :)

Anyone have info on them? My wife and I are morning coffee drinkers, and have no issues, or should I say, my wife has no issues of me getting up and getting us coffee in the morning from the buffet.. But what can I expect, if anything, that's provided in the room? Are they replenished daily? Thanks for the info...

Yes they have coffeemakers in your cabin,I'm a big coffee drinker,my advice is bring your own coffee with the smallest coffee filters you can find, i think 4

inches is the size.The coffee pot is for 4 cups and it takes the round coffee filters. The will give you as much cream ( 1/2 &1/2) as you need. I just went to the buffet, filled a couple of glasses and kept it in our refrigerator.

You can also have coffee delivered to your cabin in the morning for room service ( no charge up until 10 am) just hang the card out the night before and they will bring it to you. Nice to enjoy a cup on your balcony before you start your day

Yes they have coffeemakers in your cabin,I'm a big coffee drinker,my advice is bring your own coffee with the smallest coffee filters you can find, i think 4

inches is the size.The coffee pot is for 4 cups and it takes the round coffee filters. The will give you as much cream ( 1/2 &1/2) as you need. I just went to the buffet, filled a couple of glasses and kept it in our refrigerator.

You can also have coffee delivered to your cabin in the morning for room service ( no charge up until 10 am) just hang the card out the night before and they will bring it to you. Nice to enjoy a cup on your balcony before you start your day

Thanks for the info/tips! Nothing like drinking coffee on your balcony in the morning!

We just got back from our cruise to Alaska on the Pearl. Here is the coffee maker. We brought small basket style filters (4 cup) and pre-ground beans. They have little cups of fake creamer.

There is also 1 decent coffee maker in the back on the buffet, near the Great Outdoors. It grinds the beans for each cup and is pretty good. I am a coffee snob and between my own coffee and this one, I made it though the week without being too grouchy.

eta: They did provide packets of coffee for the coffee maker, but we wanted to use our own and make it strong. We were in a standard balcony, room 9086.

1379846708_coffeemakerinroom.jpg.e356977fbb70c9db8d5bafeb48f565ee.jpg

740973482_bigcoffeemaker.jpg.5c3935d62b3b91cdca990b51e23c2821.jpg

yum.jpg.16448be097ddd38c2caf3a118cb53884.jpg

Edited by traveltime3400

The coffee is much better if you make it with bottled water, or at least let the tap water sit out awhile to get the chlorine out. Nothing like a good cup of Clorox flavored coffee. I finally gave up and treated myself to a daily iced cappuccino from the Atrium Cafe.

I just got off the Gem on Saturday- had a balcony cabin and the coffee maker was the 4 cup drip coffee maker- it was always replenished when the room Stewart turned the room down at night.

I'll be on the Pearl soon and I'm looking forward to having a coffee maker in my stateroom. I assume they include creamer, but is it powdered creamer? If it is, I'll grab some milk in the buffet and keep it in the fridge. :D

Just off the gem last week- it was the tiny containers of liquid half & half

I just got off the Gem on Saturday- had a balcony cabin and the coffee maker was the 4 cup drip coffee maker- it was always replenished when the room Stewart turned the room down at night.

Thanks!!! I hope you had a great time!! We leave on Sat :-)

What sort of filters would one need to bring or are there filters in cabin? Dh may want to take his own coffee.

Thank you!