On Divinia now 7/16/16

63galaxie

We got to port unexpectedly early at 9:30 am. We came to the white tent, but, of course, no one was present yet. We took pictures of the ship and the tent area. A kind port employee, Esteban Flores from Mexico walked by us, apparently on his way onto the ship. He told us it would be about a 1/2 hour before anyone would be there to check us in. He returned as promised and tagged our luggage, and asked us to wait. Other guests had begun to arrive, so we visited with them. Other employees arrived. Esteban left our luggage, walked us through security and into MSCs Concierge lounge for YC guests. They checked us in, took our pictures, gave us our room keys and two handouts about security and payment onboard. Esteban seated us and served us beverages, truffles, delicious cookies, and chatted with us. Two other butlers began serving three other families. They told us we would not be boarding the ship until 11:30. It was very quiet, cool, and relaxing.

image.jpg.2b2c16435e20fd76f6d143c4593ed11c.jpg

I just got off NCL Gem ha ha. Have a great time on your cruise!

If you could do me a favor and stop by the buffet during lunch and dinner and let me know are there any meats such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb or fish?

I heard they have plenty of pasta an pizza but that's not what I like to eat. Never been on MCS, thinking of booking for the end of the year.

Very excited to read more about your first MSC cruise. I see you are in the YC. Did you get an inside or balcony cabin?

There are no inside YC staterooms on MSC Divina Champagne,,,you're thinking MSC Seaside,,:D

There are no inside YC staterooms on MSC Divina Champagne,,,you're thinking MSC Seaside,,:D

Oops. Did not know that. :D:D:D:D I have only scrutinized the deck plans of the Seaside making sure I chose the right cabin.

Edited by champagne123
sssss

Oops. Did not know that. :D:D:D:D I have only scrutinized the deck plans of the Seaside making sure I chose the right cabin.

Yes, Champagne, there are no YC inside cabins on MSC ships currently. They are being introduced on the newer builds beginning with Meraviglia from June next year, followed by Seaside.

........... are there any meats such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb or fish?

I heard they have plenty of pasta an pizza but that's not what I like to eat. Never been on MCS, thinking of booking for the end of the year.

There's a carvery station (in fact, two - one on each side) in the buffet which serves meat - roast pork, turkey, beef - a different offering each day. There are also chicken dishes, usually a couple of choices and fish served different ways, too. Not to mention the Ethnic corner at the back of the buffet which ranges from curries to paella, as well as burgers, hotdogs, pasta and pizza.

There's a carvery station (in fact, two - one on each side) in the buffet which serves meat - roast pork, turkey, beef - a different offering each day. There are also chicken dishes, usually a couple of choices and fish served different ways, too. Not to mention the Ethnic corner at the back of the buffet which ranges from curries to paella, as well as burgers, hotdogs, pasta and pizza.

I reviewed the food on the Divina in detail here-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/msc-divina-review-all-about-food.html

Cruiseelady, you will find all of the above for lunch. I didn't go there for dinner, so I can't answer that.

Excellent great to hear it.

Very excited to read more about your first MSC cruise. I see you are in the YC. Did you get an inside or balcony cabin?

We are in the stunning Sophia Loren Grand Suite. We've had a lot of difficulty with Internet connection, so I hope to get a full review when we return. I'm taking a lot of pictures as well.

In a nut shell, we r now hooked on MSC. The decor, the cleanliness, the efficient and friendly staff, the food, the drinks, the food (ha, ha), the music, the Yacht Club, just about everything so far has been top notch.

Getting around can be a bit confusing, but there are maps everywhere.

There's been a few hiccups but overall we love this ship and this cruise line!!!!

I can't say enough about the suite. It's enormous and luxurious. And private and quiet too.

We loved Nassau. Got a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. Stunning beach, water, pool, bar, food, and grand hotel literally a short walk from the ship (and I'm 59, overweight, and just had knee surgery). I booked it through Resirt for a day. Try the fresh caught grilled lobster. Wow!!!!

We are in the stunning Sophia Loren Grand Suite. We've had a lot of difficulty with Internet connection, so I hope to get a full review when we return. I'm taking a lot of pictures as well.

In a nut shell, we r now hooked on MSC. The decor, the cleanliness, the efficient and friendly staff, the food, the drinks, the food (ha, ha), the music, the Yacht Club, just about everything so far has been top notch.

Getting around can be a bit confusing, but there are maps everywhere.

There's been a few hiccups but overall we love this ship and this cruise line!!!!

I can't say enough about the suite. It's enormous and luxurious. And private and quiet too.

We loved Nassau. Got a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. Stunning beach, water, pool, bar, food, and grand hotel literally a short walk from the ship (and I'm 59, overweight, and just had knee surgery). I booked it through Resirt for a day. Try the fresh caught grilled lobster. Wow!!!!

Sounds like your hooked !!!! enjoy

We are in the stunning Sophia Loren Grand Suite.

In a nut shell, we're now hooked on MSC. The decor, the cleanliness, the efficient and friendly staff, the food, the drinks, the food (ha, ha), the music, the Yacht Club, just about everything so far has been top notch.

Great to hear you're enjoying your cruise. You did well to nab that suite! :cool:

We are currently on the same cruise. We are in an b2 11th floor balcony. This is our 13th cruise,our first on Msc Divina and we are blown away !!! We read the rewiews and we're kinda worried. But now that we have experienced it, It is incredible. Video review to come. Thanks tony

We are currently on the same cruise. We are in an b2 11th floor balcony. This is our 13th cruise,our first on Msc Divina and we are blown away !!! We read the rewiews and we're kinda worried. But now that we have experienced it, It is incredible. Video review to come. Thanks tony

Glad you are enjoying it.