Daughter (Minor) on a seperate booking

I have just had a thought that on our Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow my daughter is in a separate cabin to me on a different booking reference.

We are 2 couples cruising with 2 daughters. My daughter is 16 and sharing a cabin with our friends daughter who is 26. I made these booking separately so are under different booking references.

Do I need any special paperwork for this or is the fact that I am on the same cruise thus allowing us a normal check-in together.

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

I have just had a thought that on our Allure of the Seas cruise tomorrow my daughter is in a separate cabin to me on a different booking reference.

We are 2 couples cruising with 2 daughters. My daughter is 16 and sharing a cabin with our friends daughter who is 26. I made these booking separately so are under different booking references.

Do I need any special paperwork for this or is the fact that I am on the same cruise thus allowing us a normal check-in together.

Many thanks in advance for any comments.

Since there are two cabins..you could not have had the same booking number...You're cruising with her and are checking in with her and I assume her spending onboard and her cabin # is linked to your booking. You should have no problem. Enjoy !

Since there are two cabins..you could not have had the same booking number...You're cruising with her and are checking in with her and I assume her spending onboard and her cabin # is linked to your booking. You should have no problem. Enjoy !

Correct, we do not have the same booking number. I booked hers after ours as at the time we did not know if she was coming or not.

I have linked the bookings and yes unfortunately her expense account is on me LOL... :-)

Correct, we do not have the same booking number. I booked hers after ours as at the time we did not know if she was coming or not.

I have linked the bookings and yes unfortunately her expense account is on me LOL... :-)

Just be sure to print out both SeaPasses, hers and yours, to make check-in as smooth as possible. :)

"Big Mistake" I don't let my adult kids know I'm paying all onboard expenses..until the last night....however we cruise a lot and they've gotten smart to that surprise...but still are very mindful of their onboard spending ;)Enjoy your cruise...no doubt your DD will :)

"Big Mistake" I don't let my adult kids know I'm paying all onboard expenses..until the last night....however we cruise a lot and they've gotten smart to that surprise...but still are very mindful of their onboard spending ;)Enjoy your cruise...no doubt your DD will :)

OP's daughter is not an adult. She's a 16 year old minor.

Just be sure to print out both SeaPasses, hers and yours, to make check-in as smooth as possible. :)

You can add her to your set sail pass when you do online check in, there is a section to add a minor from another reservation. Even if you had booked the cruises at the same time, you would still have had different reservation numbers.

She's with a 26 year old...there should be no issues. If they want to see permission from you for her to cruise, then step up and say, "She has my permission"!

You can add her to your account when you check in....of course, it's best if you check in together!

Edited by cb at sea

OP's daughter is not an adult. She's a 16 year old minor.

I never said she (OP's DD) was a minor...which has nothing to do with my posting about my adult kids... and onboard expenses... Sorry you misunderstood my post :rolleyes:

I never said she (OP's DD) was a minor...which has nothing to do with my posting about my adult kids... and onboard expenses... Sorry you misunderstood my post :rolleyes:

I don't think xxooxruiser meant anything by that. I read your post the same way she did, that you were cautioning against telling the daughter that mom was paying for everything. I think xxoo was just pointing out that the daughter probably already knows mom is paying because shes ony 16.

Your method is a good one though, for your adult kids. They are more thoughtful of what they spend because they are using their own budgets, but then get the surprise of the gift at the end. Probably keeps from overspending and also makes a nicer gift because it relieves the ding to their wallet at the end that they might be stressed about. I think that's a great idea and really nice of you. Like you said though...only works twice probably, cause after the second time they're wise to you :)

We just finished a sailing last week and my minor son(17) was in a room with his brother (23). However, when I completed online check-in, I had to pull him to my setsail document. When we traveled through security, I used my setsail(which he was listed on) and his birth certificate to scoot right through.