Flights between USA & Turkey

headhunterke

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/16/faa-bans-flights-between-us-and-turkey/87182548/

With immediate effect, the FAA has banned all direct flights between the US and Turkey after the coup that was attempted on Friday.

This current measure will be in effect until August, 15 and will then be reviewed and even possibly extended.

If there's anybody taking such flights, be sure to get you rebooked as soon as possible.

This article says it involves US aircraft, but there's other articles which state it applies to other flights as well. Turkish Airlines' flights yesterday (16/7) and today (17/7) to the US have all been cancelled.

Here's another source in English, which is a pretty good one in my experience:

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/07/faa-bans-flights-from-turkey/

Also, my colleagues of Turkish Airlines have confirmed me last night this is indeed (as far as they know right now) applicable to all flights leaving/arriving the US.

Conflicting results, so this will be worth to watch with a close eye.

Edited by headhunterke

If by codeshare you mean, flying in from IST to LHR on TK and then connecting on to United should be no problem. What TK can not do is launch a route directly from LHR into the US to avoid the ban. Some cariers were able to do this in the past with approval of the FAA (JetAirways flew from India to Brussels and then onto the US because they were not allowed to have direct flights either). But that special rule does not apply with this case.