Would you move from Riviera to Lido Deck??

LMaxwell

Contemplating calling CCL up to move from Riviera Deck 1 to Lido Deck 9 on the Victory. Forward Inside Cabins in both cases. I have not called yet so don't know the price, but if you would move how much would you be willing to pay to switch on a 4 night cruise?

Lido Deck

Pros:

Closer to kids club

Walk right out to Lido deck / buffet without elevator waits

Accessible front deck for views over front of ship

Cons:

Possible longer elevator wait times to get to interior activities and getting off ship at ports

Possible more feeling of movement being higher up

More money for same room size and type

Me and DW have disagreed over this.

I dont think that moving from inside to inside is worth much so I would say maybe $ 20 total. She likes convenience so she would say perhaps $ 75.

Yeah, my main goals with room selection are that it has rooms left, right, above and below. Other than that, not too super picky. We don't spend a lot of time at the pool itself, so being adjacent to that is not a big draw. Do like access to the exterior deck over the bow, that is a spot we visit. For $20 I wouldn't think twice and go ahead and book. for $75 would no even consider. Always hearing how great/convenient a lido cabin is, so maybe worth a shot.

I'll call today and see what the deal is.

Once you go Lido you'll never go back. They convenience of walking right from your cabin to all the lido activities and food is a sell for us.

As far as the elevator, we press both the up an down buttons on the pad. It's not going far if you get on one going up.

We do the same coming back on the ship in port, climb one flight of steps and press the down button on the elevator, a empty one will stop on your floor an then you need to do is ride down one floor.

Works every cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Once you go Lido you'll never go back. They convenience of walking right from your cabin to all the lido activities and food is a sell for us.

As far as the elevator, we press both the up an down buttons on the pad. It's not going far if you get on one going up.

We do the same coming back on the ship in port, climb one flight of steps and press the down button on the elevator, a empty one will stop on your floor an then you need to do is ride down one floor.

Works every cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Lido deck rooms are where it's at!

Meh, it was $80 to upgrade. $20 a day for a 4 day cruise. room isn't any bigger or better. Pass. I'll keep watching prices. $80 covers a lot of other things. if I can get it under $40 I will try it.

I like Riviera deck. It's usually quiet and you never have crowds waiting on an elevator. It's also easy to get back to your cabin when you go ashore when crowds of people are trying to get on an elevator. Save your money to spend on drinks or doing something at one of the ports. Also walking up the stairs for exercise can give you an excuse for some extra calories.

No matter where you choose your cabin the elevator should never have to be an issue, use the stairs! Especially if you choose the Lido and are so close to all that food!!!

Those baby strollers are a real bad deal on stairs...

No matter where you choose your cabin the elevator should never have to be an issue, use the stairs! Especially if you choose the Lido and are so close to all that food!!!

Mobility disabilites are a bit hard to have while using the stairs also.

Lido deck. I didn't do an Inside. Had a Grand Ocean Scenic view so took advantage of the view. But on lido you have quick access to so many things. Want to eat in your room forget waiting on room service. Grab a burger or buffette and back with your drink before they can get to you. I loved it.

I have stayed on both and actually prefer Riviera. So convenient for getting on/off at ports. Plus at dinner time while everyone is fighting to go down either the steps or elevators, I am going up 2 flights. Simple and easy.

Lido is fun because it's closer to some things but I get great exercise and am not fighting the crowds during peak times on Riviera or Main. From someone who always had to stay in balconies on the 7th deck or higher, I have evolved into a Riviera inside cabin convert and couldn't be happier.

Definitely LIDO!:D:D

SO convenient to everything. Very quiet area.....

It's the only deck we'll book.......

Nice to be able to grab coffee in the morning and bring it back to enjoy on your balcony........Or if you are out on deck during the day and need to use the bathroom, you are one minute away........

BEST. LOCATION. EVER.:D:D

Lido is always my favorite deck. Although it's further away from the dining room & indoor activities, I prefer being close to the pool & food. It's just easier on sea days since we spend lots of time at the pool. Not really sure how much extra I will pay for it - I don't pay much attention to the price difference between the 2 decks.

We stayed on the Verandah deck on the Victory three years ago, it was a balcony cabin, one floor up was the Lido deck and we loved it because we were close to everything. I like being higher up, you will feel more motion up there though.

Contemplating calling CCL up to move from Riviera Deck 1 to Lido Deck 9 on the Victory. Forward Inside Cabins in both cases. I have not called yet so don't know the price, but if you would move how much would you be willing to pay to switch on a 4 night cruise?

Lido Deck

Pros:

Closer to kids club

Walk right out to Lido deck / buffet without elevator waits

Accessible front deck for views over front of ship

Cons:

Possible longer elevator wait times to get to interior activities and getting off ship at ports

Possible more feeling of movement being higher up

More money for same room size and type

I paid an extra $62 on a 5-day for one of those rooms on Triumph. A couple days later it went up $40...and a couple weeks later they were sold out. First time on Lido. Looking forward to it!