Upsell process

Call 2-3 weeks before sailing. Provide your reservation number and they will make an offer of one is available. If you don't like the deal, call back in a couple of days and they might have a better/different deal.

Call 2-3 weeks before sailing. Provide your reservation number and they will make an offer of one is available. If you don't like the deal, call back in a couple of days and they might have a better/different deal.

I called to get an upsell for our b2b cruise 20 AUG 16. I was given a price that gave me a headache, lol (almost 3,000 pp :eek:). my questions are (1) will they upset for a single segment and (2) since we have two mini suites would it be better to attempt upsell both rooms, or just get one upset room for all of us. I will give it a bit of time and call back, just need to know what to expect from they who give the upsets, lol.

I called to get an upsell for our b2b cruise 20 AUG 16. I was given a price that gave me a headache, lol (almost 3,000 pp :eek:). my questions are (1) will they upset for a single segment and (2) since we have two mini suites would it be better to attempt upsell both rooms, or just get one upset room for all of us. I will give it a bit of time and call back, just need to know what to expect from they who give the upsets, lol.

No one knows the answer to any of those questions, we aren't the upsell dept. Call sooner to your cruise, 4 weeks out is very early.

I'm tired of all these upsell posts, can we get a sticky for this and merge all future posts mods?

You do have 2 booking numbers and the cruises were booked separately?? Each "request" is separate, and it is only about - supply and demand. Are the cruises currently showing availability and no "sold out" on several upper categories?? a peak cruise that has been rising in price will have more costly upsells.

No one knows the answer to any of those questions, we aren't the upsell dept. Call sooner to your cruise, 4 weeks out is very early.

I'm tired of all these upsell posts, can we get a sticky for this and merge all future posts mods?

OK, if you are tired, take a nap. :)

In the future if a thread has 'upsell' in the title, please give yourself a break and do not look at it and just move on. Thanks.

I happen to appreciate new information people generously give here on any topic; often old posts are just that, old information, especially on how much NCL changes weekly!

Also, if someone is new to cruising all of the CC information, provided it is current is extremely helpful; maybe not so much to you that are experienced cruisers.

I am a very experienced cruiser but have never tried for an upsell therefore this is great information.....I am looking at it for one of our cruises in the future.

Safe cruising all!! ;)

We got an upsell (if you want to call it that) 3-4 weeks before our cruise to Alaska. The upsell department "didn't have anything to offer" us, but calling my TA and telling them the suite I was interested in worked - finally. The prices were fluctuating every day it seemed and the Haven suites were just then beginning to fill up from what looked to be upsells from Penthouse and Mini-Suites that were starting to appear available. This I found from doing mock-bookings on another online TA. Good luck!

So terribly sorry to upset you with my simple little question. Hope I didn't completely ruin your precious day.

Edited by UpstateCruiser1007

We were perfectly happy too with our original booking of a midship balcony, which we had gotten a really great rate on. But once I heard about upsells I had to research and try it for myself. I was amazed frankly to get the Aft Penthouse Suite for the price I did - our final price per person overall was about the standard rate for a balcony. However, it's now going to be difficult to go back to a cabin without robes, butlers, concierges and daily treats left for us! Not really, but it is nice to be a bit spoiled every once in a while :)

I posted this on another thread, but thought I would repost here as well :)

If I upsell from a Spa mini suite on the Epic to a Haven Suite that is not a "Spa" room, assuming we lose the complimentary thermal suite access? I know we keep our original promos, which is fine, just curios about the spa access.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

If I upsell from a Spa mini suite on the Epic to a Haven Suite that is not a "Spa" room, assuming we lose the complimentary thermal suite access? I know we keep our original promos, which is fine, just curios about the spa access.

I bet that Athe upsell department can answer that!

You would lose that perk as it is for those in spa balconies, spa mini-suites and spa suite/haven appointments. The numbers are limited to avoid over crowding so the perk stays with the cabin.

Well, that wasn't very nice. Unlike you, I love a good upsell story. Keep them coming please.

My son and daughter and grandson and nephew just got an upsell from a mini suite to a Haven courtyard penthouse. Total $2000. Kids were free. So it is like $500 a person for the upsell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would lose the spa access unless you are upsellling to a Haven's Spa room (which is one of the cheaper rooms). But, you get all of the benefits of the Havens including access to the Posh Club.

If I take the upsell offer, will I lose the perks that came along with the original booking or can that be transferred over to the new booking?

Also, would it be wise take an upsell to balcony from an ocean view accessible cabin? The size of these accessible cabin is almost twice the size of a balcony cabin, 340 sq ft vs. 175 sq ft.

If I take the upsell offer, will I lose the perks that came along with the original booking or can that be transferred over to the new booking?

Also, would it be wise take an upsell to balcony from an ocean view accessible cabin? The size of these accessible cabin is almost twice the size of a balcony cabin, 340 sq ft vs. 175 sq ft.

I just did an UPsell from a spa minisuite to a owners suite, I lost the minisuite perks but retained all of the promotional perks and credits I had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Non Haven categories are released for upsell the Wednesday before sailing